Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joeytcw

Need Some Advice On This Quotation

Dear all,

I am about to embark on the journey of renovating my newly purchased resale flat. It's a 4NG at AMK. I have just gotten a quote from my ID and need some advice from the more experienced forum members here. Please give me some advice. Thank you in advance.

Personally, I think it's steep and over my budget. My budget is around 25K and in the case of over-runs, NO MORE than 30K. Is this possible if I use an ID?

DEMOLITION & MASONRY WORKS

1 To demolish existing wall and floor tiles in entire unit, inclusive of existing $ 2,600.00

cabinets, and clearing and discard of demolished debris

2 To supply and install new flooring to Living Hall and 03 bedrooms in new $ 4,500.00

selected Homogeneous floor tiles, inclusive of same tiles skirting.

3 To supply and install new selected wall tiles to Kitchen and 02 Toilets. $ 5,600.00

4 To supply and install new selected floor tiles to Kitchen, c/w waterproofing. $ 1,200.00

5 To supply and install new selected floor tiles to 02 Toilets. $ 1,000.00

6 To demolish existing wall dividing Master Bedroom and connecting bedroom $ 7 80.00

partially, c/w new wall in hollow-block finish to receive recessed wardrobe.

7 To supply and install new cement plinth for kitchen cabinet base. $ 2 00.00

8 To seal existing opening of Master Toilet with hollow-block and demolish $ 6 50.00

new opening for door.

PLUMBING, ELECTRICAL & OTHERS WORKS

1 To supply and install new copper piping(cold water only), inclusive of $ 1,450.00

new conversion of existing squat-pan toilet to seat-type pedestal W/C,

and installation of new waterheaters, toilets W/C, sinks and accessories.

(all equipments and accessories to be purchased by owner)

2 To carry out electrical re-wiring works to the entire unit, inclusive of $ 7 00.00

installation of new light-fittings(light-fittings to be purchased by owner).

3 To supply and paint entire unit, inclusive of ceiling. $ 1,400.00

4 To supply and install new doors to 03 bedrooms in selected veneer doors. $ 9 00.00

5 To supply and install new alum-glass swing doors to 02 Toilets. $ 7 00.00

6 To supply and install new surface-flush type rubbish-chute hopper. $ 2 50.00

7 To conduct proper general cleaning upon completion of works. $ 2 00.00

8 To constuct full height gypsum partition wall at Kitchen and Master Bedroom. $ 1,500.00

with connnecting ceiling light-holder at kitchen.

CARPENTRY WORKS

1 To construct and install new shoe-cabinet-cum-divider-screen at entrance $ 1,200.00

Foyer area in selected laminate finish, with slit-opening and built-in lighting

for display design.

2 To design, construct and install dark-tinted mirror for wall cladding at side of $ 1,900.00

store, and selected laminate cladding at entry of store w/concealed door.

3 To design, construct and install new TV wall and connecting console ****. $ 1,800.00

4 To design, construct and install new kitchen cabinets c/w tophung cabinets $ 4,200.00

and concealed lighting, inclusive washing area and connecting table top.

5 To supply and install new selected solid surface to kitchen countertop $ 1,440.00

inclusive of washing area and connecting table top.

6 To design, construct and install new wall-recessed wardrobe with sliding $ 1,820.00

alum-glass doors finish

7 To design, construct and king-size headboard, with sloping angle in cushion $ 7 00.00

upholstery and openable flap for storage.

8 To design, construct and install new basin countertop outside Master Toilet $ 1,200.00

in selected solid surface finish, with bottom wall-hung storage cabinet in

selected laminate finish, c/w wall mirror and concealed lighting

9 To construct and install plaster dropped ceiling **** Hall. $ 1,800.00

Total : $ 3 9,690.00

Edited by joeytcw

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Dear all,

I am about to embark on the journey of renovating my newly purchased resale flat. It's a 4NG at AMK. I have just gotten a quote from my ID and need some advice from the more experienced forum members here. Please give me some advice. Thank you in advance.

Personally, I think it's steep and over my budget. My budget is around 25K and in the case of over-runs, NO MORE than 30K. Is this possible if I use an ID?

DEMOLITION & MASONRY WORKS

1 To demolish existing wall and floor tiles in entire unit, inclusive of existing $ 2,600.00

cabinets, and clearing and discard of demolished debris

2 To supply and install new flooring to Living Hall and 03 bedrooms in new $ 4,500.00

3 To supply and install new selected wall tiles to Kitchen and 02 Toilets. $ 5,600.00

4 To supply and install new selected floor tiles to Kitchen, c/w waterproofing. $ 1,200.00

5 To supply and install new selected floor tiles to 02 Toilets. $ 1,000.00

6 To demolish existing wall dividing Master Bedroom and connecting bedroom $ 7 80.00

partially, c/w new wall in hollow-block finish to receive recessed wardrobe.

7 To supply and install new cement plinth for kitchen cabinet base. $ 2 00.00

8 To seal existing opening of Master Toilet with hollow-block and demolish $ 6 50.00

new opening for door.

PLUMBING, ELECTRICAL & OTHERS WORKS

1 To supply and install new copper piping(cold water only), inclusive of $ 1,450.00

new conversion of existing squat-pan toilet to seat-type pedestal W/C,

and installation of new waterheaters, toilets W/C, sinks and accessories.

(all equipments and accessories to be purchased by owner)

2 To carry out electrical re-wiring works to the entire unit, inclusive of $ 7 00.00

installation of new light-fittings(light-fittings to be purchased by owner).

3 To supply and paint entire unit, inclusive of ceiling. $ 1,400.00

4 To supply and install new doors to 03 bedrooms in selected veneer doors. $ 9 00.00

5 To supply and install new alum-glass swing doors to 02 Toilets. $ 7 00.00

6 To supply and install new surface-flush type rubbish-chute hopper. $ 2 50.00

7 To conduct proper general cleaning upon completion of works. $ 2 00.00

8 To constuct full height gypsum partition wall at Kitchen and Master Bedroom. $ 1,500.00

with connnecting ceiling light-holder at kitchen.

CARPENTRY WORKS

1 To construct and install new shoe-cabinet-cum-divider-screen at entrance $ 1,200.00

Foyer area in selected laminate finish, with slit-opening and built-in lighting

for display design.

2 To design, construct and install dark-tinted mirror for wall cladding at side of $ 1,900.00

store, and selected laminate cladding at entry of store w/concealed door.

3 To design, construct and install new TV wall and connecting console ****. $ 1,800.00

4 To design, construct and install new kitchen cabinets c/w tophung cabinets $ 4,200.00

and concealed lighting, inclusive washing area and connecting table top.

5 To supply and install new selected solid surface to kitchen countertop $ 1,440.00

inclusive of washing area and connecting table top.

6 To design, construct and install new wall-recessed wardrobe with sliding $ 1,820.00

alum-glass doors finish

7 To design, construct and king-size headboard, with sloping angle in cushion $ 7 00.00

upholstery and openable flap for storage.

8 To design, construct and install new basin countertop outside Master Toilet $ 1,200.00

in selected solid surface finish, with bottom wall-hung storage cabinet in

selected laminate finish, c/w wall mirror and concealed lighting

9 To construct and install plaster dropped ceiling **** Hall. $ 1,800.00

Total : $ 3 9,690.00

More or less is about that price range....of course there will be some cheaper quotes but material, workmanship or even services provided maybe different. Cheap doesn't mean good and good don't come cheap. :yamseng: Wishing u good luck in your search of a good and reliable ID/contractor in doing your renovation. ;)

wow that's quite a lot of works! isn't 40k like way over your budget?

Yup. It is way over. This is why I am posting up the quote here for some advice.

Am also contemplating if I should just have the contractor MINUS the ID since I more or less know what I want for the house and we also plan to keep it simple since our budget is pretty tight too.

hmm... Your quote from the ID looks ok based on the ID quotes that I got from some companies. The ID will be the one to do the running around and making sure things go smoothly. Still no guarantee of perfect, stressless renovation. But you need a sizeable budget to get the services of an ID + good quality material and workmanship.

If you're into getting a main contractor to do the job for you, it may be cheaper but you need to really, really know what you want in exact terms such as the material selection and quality of materials used.

Also, your involvement with the contractor and other various aspects of the reno will be higher because you do more of the runaround.

Just my 2 cents. Hope you'll have a great reno journey with less headaches!

Edited by Faithful P

hmm... Your quote from the ID looks ok based on the ID quotes that I got from some companies. The ID will be the one to do the running around and making sure things go smoothly. Still no guarantee of perfect, stressless renovation. But you need a sizeable budget to get the services of an ID + good quality material and workmanship.

If you're into getting a main contractor to do the job for you, it may be cheaper but you need to really, really know what you want in exact terms such as the material selection and quality of materials used.

Also, your involvement with the contractor and other various aspects of the reno will be higher because you do more of the runaround.

Just my 2 cents. Hope you'll have a great reno journey with less headaches!

Great 2 cents worth. That's one reason why I will want an ID to help manage the project. Will just have to try work it out within my budget. By the way, the cost of the lighting, toilet bowls, sinks, taps, shower-heads, heater and etc (any idea what else?) are not included in such quotes right? How much will these all end up to?

Great 2 cents worth. That's one reason why I will want an ID to help manage the project. Will just have to try work it out within my budget. By the way, the cost of the lighting, toilet bowls, sinks, taps, shower-heads, heater and etc (any idea what else?) are not included in such quotes right? How much will these all end up to?

Well.. Yes not included in the quotes. You need to go buy them yourself. Sometimes the ID will intro you their own regular contacts. In the end, you still need some research on the kind of lightings/toilet/kitchen accessories/fittings you want and where to get them cheaper..

Mine cost about:

Lightings: approx 1k for whole house including energy saving bulbs. Ceiling lights only. Not including floor/table/bedside lamps. My lights were not designer and complicated nor were they old-fashioned and seen just about in any house. Still can get good looking lights if you look hard enuf.

Go Balestier for a walk to check prices and designs. There are about 40+ lighting shops on the whole stretch at balestier. Most shops would carry similar/same designs so you need to ask prices. And when you do buy pls haggle. Only certain shops do not give disc. For some online viewing, can try lightings.com.sg.

Toilet: 2.5k for 2 toilets including WCs, taps, basins, instant heaters, shower mixers, bidet spray(very useful to clean toilet)+ s/s valve (only if you don't want the plumber's normal rubber valve), mirror, clothes hooks, towel racks, toilet paper holder, soap and shampoo racks (if you're not doing built in one) Oh and pls get s/s items and nothing chromed. Always check and ask if it's stainless steel!

Kitchen: 1.7k for the sink/tap, hob+hood and other s/s items.(dish drainer rack, mug drainer rack, spice rack, sauces rack) Got them from Song Cho.

I think you should set aside 5k or more if you can. My reno was quite minimalistic and only went for the most basic of all things but still, things that we had to have still must buy.

I think you should get more quotes from different IDs, though it's tiring and time-consuming to compare what different things IDs can offer.

I'm in the midst of reno of my flat (bought from sale of balance flats) so i'm also interested to know

- To supply and install new flooring to Living Hall and 03 bedrooms in new $ 4,500.00

- To supply and install new selected floor tiles to Kitchen, c/w waterproofing. $ 1,200.00

My flat's current floor is just cemented type currently (aka fresh taken over from HDB type without any finish).

Floor area of 5room is 110 SqMeter which is about 1150 (+/-) SQUARE FEET. Selected my tiles from shop at list price of $2.80 - $3 PSF abouts..

Estimating my tile costs at $3 psf , and the fact that my 2 toilets are tiled and i won't be tiling the bomb shelter, i estimate on a high side of 1000 SQUARE FEET that I have to tile everywhere except kitchen and that should cost me $3,000.00 for tiles.

Tile cost = $3,000.00

Install = ???

Waterproof kitchen = ???

Cement top up = ?? (Because the current level of cement doesn't seem high enough for tiling yet)

Final cost = $8,800.00 (Given by my ID friend), Am I being ripped?

I'm in the midst of reno of my flat (bought from sale of balance flats) so i'm also interested to know

- To supply and install new flooring to Living Hall and 03 bedrooms in new $ 4,500.00

- To supply and install new selected floor tiles to Kitchen, c/w waterproofing. $ 1,200.00

My flat's current floor is just cemented type currently (aka fresh taken over from HDB type without any finish).

Floor area of 5room is 110 SqMeter which is about 1150 (+/-) SQUARE FEET. Selected my tiles from shop at list price of $2.80 - $3 PSF abouts..

Estimating my tile costs at $3 psf , and the fact that my 2 toilets are tiled and i won't be tiling the bomb shelter, i estimate on a high side of 1000 SQUARE FEET that I have to tile everywhere except kitchen and that should cost me $3,000.00 for tiles.

Tile cost = $3,000.00

Install = ???

Waterproof kitchen = ???

Cement top up = ?? (Because the current level of cement doesn't seem high enough for tiling yet)

Final cost = $8,800.00 (Given by my ID friend), Am I being ripped?

I was in the reno line many years back, given your estimation i think you are not being ripped. So there is nothing to worry, worksmenship for installing is around $2/sqft, if you add the cost of cement and sand required it may add up to close to $2/sqft too based on current market price. Not forgetting your waterproofing, therefore this price is considered reasonable for the coordination and planning work done by the main con.