Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chanda

Resale Hdb Problem

lately, found a resale HDB in open market. even though i can struggle to pay the COV, there is another problem. the seller require for extension after the sale went thru. i ask agent and they say it is illegal; and it is between me and the seller.

on first thought, if we sign a agreement, we are slapping our own in the face as the agreement can never be use as it is illegal. I'm afraid when the seller dont want to move out after the stipulated period or loan $$$ from loan shark after we signed over the flat.

need help..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

that's why HDB dont allow extension of stay in the first place

why take the risk?

It boils down to preference and affordability. Hands r tied.

What are the unforseen risks?

I've recently bought a resale flat and gave extension of 1 month stay to the seller. It was one of the 'condition' that came with the sale of the house and we are fully aware that this 'condition' was merely an mutual agreement between buyer and seller. Of course we tried to probe more on they background, occupation, etc...

The completion of sale was on 8 June 11 and they told us that they will move out at the end of the month instead...still keeping our fingers crossed. :P

Edited by veronehoo

Officially, you can't draft any agreement for rental.

But if you really have to do so. example, seller need to overstay by 1 month.

Ask them to reduce the COV by 2 month rental. So, if they move out after 1 month.

You pay them back 1 month. If not, seek the police help to vacate the seller.

Of course, the police will probably give them 1 day to move out.

My completion is next week though till now I have yet to inspect the house.

The seller also sold me the flat with the 1mth extension condition,hopefully he is able to vacant the unit within 2weeks as he say he is doing slight reno only.

He understand that I want to do reno and move before the 7th mth too!

Keep fingers crosssed too!!!

got another 2 qns...

1) Can I request the sellers to change the address on their NRICs on the day of completion?

2) Can they terminate their PUB and telephone line only on the day they move out? Cos I dont think I should be the one paying for their 2weeks stay there right?and to avoid any disagreement over the bill amt???

Edited by DingDong

Officially, you can't draft any agreement for rental.

But if you really have to do so. example, seller need to overstay by 1 month.

Ask them to reduce the COV by 2 month rental. So, if they move out after 1 month.

You pay them back 1 month. If not, seek the police help to vacate the seller.

Of course, the police will probably give them 1 day to move out.

Don't suggest this.

Some time back, already has a forumer come and complain that he (seller) lower the COV on the agreement with the buyer for let them stay for 1 mth.

When 1st appointment fix. Buyer change his mind, say he don't want to extend 1 mth stay to the seller. Claim it is ILLEGAL.

2nd, by playing on COV. Might get urself into trouble with law. As buyer need to pay stamp duty. Lower COV = Lower purchase price = lower stamp duty.

got another 2 qns...

1) Can I request the sellers to change the address on their NRICs on the day of completion?

Now, no longer can change address on the same day you visit police station.

You need to bring along doc to proof. ie. credit card statement, pub statement, telephone/mobile statement.. this can change address on the spot

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=141

If w/o doc, just walk in. The police will register and ask u to go back and wait for their letter which will post to your new address. Then bring this letter to police station and then can change the address.

2) Can they terminate their PUB and telephone line only on the day they move out? Cos I dont think I should be the one paying for their 2weeks stay there right?and to avoid any disagreement over the bill amt???

Can.

When you apply for PUB bill, you can indicate the date you want your PUB to activate.

This can done online.

Not all seller want to eat buyer.

Not all buyer want to eat seller.

If you think other party look 'funny' to you or try to play trick on you.

U can make a decision.

Thanks for the replies.

Actually my seller is a very nice person, i just hated his agent.

I just want to be on the safe side to avoid any miscommunicate or disagreement on such minor $ issue.

Thanks for the replies.

Actually my seller is a very nice person, i just hated his agent.

I just want to be on the safe side to avoid any miscommunicate or disagreement on such minor $ issue.

Discuss upfront to avoid any miscommunication, face to face with the seller. Don't thru' agent. If really need to thru' agent. use SMS and keep those SMS

And prepare if seller extend more than 2 wk due to reno problem.

**** does happen during reno...

That 2 wk is free stay?

Don't forget abt TC fee. If just 1/2 mth.. still ok.. but if it extend to 1 mth.. how?

My case.. before sign .. say 1mth

after sign , before 1st appointment .. say 2 mth

meet him @ 1st appointment.. before 3 mth..

luckily we has place to stay.. or else... really need to camp at east coast park liao.. :P

Me buyer last time, seller want extend 2 days. I use PTE bank loan, so I call my lawyer for her views. She says, she can help to issue lawyer letter to (HDB lawyer or seller)can't remember, using some form of calculation to compensate for this loss. It works out to be around $80 ~ $90 per day.. Finally, I give chance la.. since only 2 days.

Actually the seller agree to pay this money legally through lawyer also.

But, in the end, I regret, cos on the actual final take over. Seller want me to pay $40 for the empty gas cylinder. Told to to check the market if I doubt. I say.

"You can keep it, I got mine !!!!". In my mind, why should I bother to check ... Haiz..

Aiya.. best is dun extend. anything can happen. Always be prepare to spend extra on the flat, be it extra utilities fee or conservancy fee.

Buy/Sell house is suppose to happy thing. So it will be great that both side are not too "calculative" on small things. If you know you are the calculative type, then dont extend. Best is ask the seller to factor in their accommodation cost and be prepared to move out on the day of completion to avoid all kind of possible problem.

wah pian gas cylinder also want to count.

Like that... make me feel that my seller.. not bad..

they left behind few bowl, few flower pot, 1 gas cylinder, 2 wall shelves, left over wall tiles and floor tiles.

In the end, we re-use everything they left behind.

Ask my contractor to replace some crack wall tiles.. since has left over tiles from the seller.

They really left over alot of tiles..

Oop! they also left behind 1 stack of box "pizza" size type. I use it to keep the left over tiles.

Pack until mei mei that keep it

Aiya.. best is dun extend. anything can happen. Always be prepare to spend extra on the flat, be it extra utilities fee or conservancy fee.

Buy/Sell house is suppose to happy thing. So it will be great that both side are not too "calculative" on small things. If you know you are the calculative type, then dont extend. Best is ask the seller to factor in their accommodation cost and be prepared to move out on the day of completion to avoid all kind of possible problem.

Reality is always "一种米养百种人". Many patterns.

Therefore law is set recognising "no extension". Want to go against the law? Can ! Standby to pay "school fee" to learn "lessons". Teochew says "吃饱没事做,肉痒".

best is to have black and white, even if it is a non enforceable contract. my sellers even have the cheek to send me a lawyer's letter threatening to sue me for trespassing :furious: when i threatened to throw them out beyond the agreed stay. I went down to the unit and called 999, within one week they were gone.

Discuss upfront to avoid any miscommunication, face to face with the seller. Don't thru' agent. If really need to thru' agent. use SMS and keep those SMS

And prepare if seller extend more than 2 wk due to reno problem.

**** does happen during reno...

That 2 wk is free stay?

Don't forget abt TC fee. If just 1/2 mth.. still ok.. but if it extend to 1 mth.. how?

My case.. before sign .. say 1mth

after sign , before 1st appointment .. say 2 mth

meet him @ 1st appointment.. before 3 mth..

luckily we has place to stay.. or else... really need to camp at east coast park liao.. :P

I am alright to let him stay for the 2weeks FOC just that they need settle the utilities and watsnot bills till their last day.

Anything beyond I will charge but is not legal right?

I would much prefer handover and they move out on the date but sigh..not nice to go back on word since is indicated during OTP that they want extend.

I am heading down for inspection this week before my 2nd appointment next week, will ask the seller again or at least ask him sign a confirmed move out date etc??