Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lobo76

Extension Of Stay

The seller requested for a 2 month extension, which I am okay with. The problem is that HDB doesn't recognize such agreements. I read that on the HDB website, it is okay to have the 2nd appt at a later date if both buyer and seller agrees to it (shouldn't be a problem since seller is the one requesting for extension, and I am the buyer).

Has anyone ever made the 2 appt more than 8 weeks after the first appt?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The seller requested for a 2 month extension, which I am okay with. The problem is that HDB doesn't recognize such agreements. I read that on the HDB website, it is okay to have the 2nd appt at a later date if both buyer and seller agrees to it (shouldn't be a problem since seller is the one requesting for extension, and I am the buyer).

OTP allows max 8 wk after 1st appt. Only HDB has discretion to extend >8wk. In this situation, approach way is to ask HDB to make the "discretion" decision.

Wat if seller want to stay for one more month but do not want to postpone the completion date?

I am buying a resale hdb but the seller as for extension of 1 month after completion cos their newe place not ready. Still want to have the completion on time cos they claim to need the money to pay for the downpayment of their new place. Private property so cannot do contra.

Is this ok?

Wat if seller want to stay for one more month but do not want to postpone the completion date?

I am buying a resale hdb but the seller as for extension of 1 month after completion cos their newe place not ready. Still want to have the completion on time cos they claim to need the money to pay for the downpayment of their new place. Private property so cannot do contra.

Is this ok?

To me, this is very "personal".

If situation allows you to reno/move in late, why not "giving" seller the convenience to extend? They would appreciate your kindness. Taken "rental" or not is all up to you.

Thought HDB has the MOP rule, you don't tell, he don't tell, who care? Some more it's just amonth or 2, not a year or 2. Right?

In most of the territories , This is a very common practise that the seller demands a stay of some months... May be this practise is not so common in your area... But this thing is not new for me at least... As I have heard , it happens....!!

In most of the territories , This is a very common practise that the seller demands a stay of some months... May be this practise is not so common in your area... But this thing is not new for me at least... As I have heard , it happens....!!

What you mean by "not common in your area"?

Different area different practise?

Are you trying to clock post?

I granted the ex owner extension of stay but end up with lots of problems. I suggest you dont grant it at all. If they want to stay longer, tell HDB to get another second appt date.

It really depends on the situation, why the seller needs to extend?

In some cases, the seller needs the money from the current sale to purchase their next home,

the CPF portion does not get transferred immediately to their account on completion so they require more time.

If the buyer does not give the seller some extension, the seller may be rendered homeless in the interim.

Best,

Mark

as far as i know of, if the seller is extending their stay after 2nd appt, any damages will be beared by the new owner (buyer).

we wouldn't know what will happen in between this extension period.

it is up to the buyer to discuss with the seller should any inconvenience/disputes/damages, who will be accounted for it?

on the "rental" issue (if there is), it is the sole discretion between buyer & seller..

HDB is not going to interfere/mediate any issue after the 2nd appt (if i'm not wrong)

juz my 2 cents worth

I granted the ex owner extension of stay but end up with lots of problems. I suggest you dont grant it at all. If they want to stay longer, tell HDB to get another second appt date.

able to share abit of ur problems?