Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
westiecoastie

Rush Rush West Coast Home!

i only know cos previously i kept trying to look for info on royal franco and fanco kept turning up, quite hard to find info online for their shop anyways. i dont know if they accept cards as i decided that i didnt want to buy anything from them after going down to take a look.

Oh, why the decision? Was it a bad experience?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oh, why the decision? Was it a bad experience?

Last year I went down to royal fanco after reading all the good comments on renotalk. I bought a brown round glass basin. Was charged slightly more than $100. there was no stock in the shop so i paid a small deposit. Immediately after that, I saw the same exact sink a few stores down the road - poh joo- going for $70. I was shocked! So i cooked up some excuse.. I told royal fanco my id bot the basin for me already so they refunded the deposit. And I bot the basin from poh joo instead. I dun uderstand why rf has so many positive feedback when they overcharged me by so much. SO my advice is - do ur own research.. chekc the prices from a few stores. dun rely solely on renotalk. But generally, prices are lower in jalan besar then balastier. Good luck!

Hi Westiecoastie

Are you at Blk 7xx near the Sheng Siong supermarket? I'm staying around there too! Is yours a 4-room flat? May I know how much you paid for your flat? What was the valuation?

Happy renovating!

Last year I went down to royal fanco after reading all the good comments on renotalk. I bought a brown round glass basin. Was charged slightly more than $100. there was no stock in the shop so i paid a small deposit. Immediately after that, I saw the same exact sink a few stores down the road - poh joo- going for $70. I was shocked! So i cooked up some excuse.. I told royal fanco my id bot the basin for me already so they refunded the deposit. And I bot the basin from poh joo instead. I dun uderstand why rf has so many positive feedback when they overcharged me by so much. SO my advice is - do ur own research.. chekc the prices from a few stores. dun rely solely on renotalk. But generally, prices are lower in jalan besar then balastier. Good luck!

Weirdly enough I saw things in Poh Joo that were almost 30-40% Higher than in Royal Fanco..

With your experience, I suppose they don't give the best price to everyone but rather price their wares according to the day and their moods.. Who knows..

I bought quite a lot of stuff from them, they were quite helpful with information and insider knowledge of wares..

But I suppose its also because I did my homework that I was able to get good prices from them, in the end I told them what prices other shops were offering and they counter-offered a lower price.

In one case, I even managed to weasel an almost $100 discount off a $450 item in another shop because I told them RF could offer me a good price..

Learnt a lot about bargaining, body language and tone of speech during my time shopping along Balestier and Jalan Besar.. Great experience! :thumbs up: