Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cornball

Documenting Our Journey Of Our Loveshack

Hi everyone

At the introduction of strikingreality and rottonramone (what weird monikers), i have been reading through the forums and also picked up some good tips. I have decided to haul my lazy *** and document our (my girlfriend and I)journey in doing up our first home together.

We bought a condo apartment unit in the east. It's pretty old (10+ years) because i believe in buying the space and not buying the previous owner's furnishings. It's 1,313sqft with no bay windows, which is a good thing.

Here's our floorplan. There's a complicated one from the MCST and there's a simplified one from a brochure.

Screenshot2011-07-17atAM093134.png

Screenshot2011-07-17atAM093406.png

We collected out keys on 7 July and have contacted a contractor and have been working with their in-house ID.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We havent really decided much of the theme although She likes limegreen, red and black. Im not sure how all these three will go together.

Here're some of our thoughts so far:

1. 55" LED tv. (we both like to watch tv)

2. A king-sized Sealy mattress

3. Converting the room closest the MBR to a walk-in wardrobe and study room. We did consider hacking down the wall between MBR and BR2 but decided against it subsequently.

4. Hacking down the storage room in the kitchen to expand the kitchen.

5. I feel like getting an ekornes recliner.

Those are all the thoughts we have so far.

At the introduction of strikingreality and rottonramone (what weird monikers), i have been reading through the forums and also picked up some good tips. I have decided to haul my lazy *** and document our (my girlfriend and I)journey in doing up our first home together.

Weird but seriously unique. :)

On a serious note, WELCOME! Have fun! Plenty of nice ppl (like me!) around here.

We achieved a lot over the weekend. Went to Lush, Executive Living, Interior Affairs, Ikea (only to get layout ideas!), Sungei Kadut, Park Mall, then met our ID at 830pm on Sunday night.

My SO likes a red-based kitchen cabinet system.

ABSKRATRedKitchenCabinet-IKEA.jpg

She also liked this chair from Air. Not sure how itd fit in but we might just buy it for the heck of it.

ChairwithoutHandlefromAir.jpg

Simple coffee table also from Air.

CoffeeTablefromAir.jpg

Saw this teak countertop as well.

WoodenHighTable2.jpg

I went to my unit yesterday to settle the car transponder and resident's pass and i took this walkthrough video.

The furnishings look dated. :P

But I like the view from your bedrooms. The greenery and wide expense of land in front looks really nice. Good to wake up to.

I wanna get a 55" TV as well - but probably will do without the 3D. A normal 55" LG smart TV with Apps should be about $2500++

And don't buy Sealy, get a Serta! Just my humble opinion though hehe

Ekornes recliners are the most awesomely comfortable! I want one too - but too expensive :(

We havent really decided much of the theme although She likes limegreen, red and black. Im not sure how all these three will go together.

Here're some of our thoughts so far:

1. 55" LED tv. (we both like to watch tv)

2. A king-sized Sealy mattress

3. Converting the room closest the MBR to a walk-in wardrobe and study room. We did consider hacking down the wall between MBR and BR2 but decided against it subsequently.

4. Hacking down the storage room in the kitchen to expand the kitchen.

5. I feel like getting an ekornes recliner.

Those are all the thoughts we have so far.

I wanna get a 55" TV as well - but probably will do without the 3D. A normal 55" LG smart TV with Apps should be about $2500++

And don't buy Sealy, get a Serta! Just my humble opinion though hehe

Ekornes recliners are the most awesomely comfortable! I want one too - but too expensive :(

I dont need smart tv with apps. Hee hee.

Why not Sealy? Serta better than Sealy?

I was told to post my house's current condition pics rather than a video, so here it is:

Entrance to Living Room:

IMG-20110718-00269.jpg

Living Room:

IMG-20110718-00270.jpg

Dining Room:

IMG-20110718-00281.jpg

Very nice layout, really love your condo layout with a utility and yard at kitchen area :)

hmm... u got a cute and naughty avatar :o:D

Edited by Kobelala

Very nice layout, really love your condo layout with a utility and yard at kitchen area :)

hmm... u got a cute and naughty avatar :o:D

Thank you. My SO told me that the backdoor from the yard is when i want to sneak out for golf in the wee hours of the morning.

Your avatar also very naughty.