Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bbbbbb128

Home @ Bedok

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yo bedokian, we also have similar layout just that our master bedroom has a toilet (which is your bathroon). The toilets are small!! So we shift our vanity into our bedroom for the master bedroom to accomodate the shower screen. The kitchen is big so we divide out a dinner area.

Edited by sheepz

Oooh...what Happen to the ceiling, look terrible ! :help:

hi yuki

yup it is realli bad, can see the rusting metal beams inside the ceiling :jawdrop:

i suspect there is water leakage from upstairs, heard from my friend they need to hack and re do water proofing upstairs neighbor. hope they dun mind. :curse:

meeting HDB to check and hopefully fix this during my reno.

hope it wont come back again :dunno:

Yo bedokian, we also have similar layout just that our master bedroom has a toilet (which is your bathroon). The toilets are small!! So we shift our vanity into our bedroom for the master bedroom to accomodate the shower screen. The kitchen is big so we divide out a dinner area.

yoyo sheepz

yup the toliets are really tiny and there are lots of pipes on the wall!!!! so we decide to build just a small vanity area. yup i think we be having our dining in the kitchen as well.

that will free up more space in the living room. and the ceiling is so low!!! makes everywhere looks cramped. :furious: :furious: :furious:

Hi Sheepz, i'm doing the same thing. shifted out vanity into masterbed room, and shorten our kitchen and extend to the living room. :drunk:

hi yuki

yup it is realli bad, can see the rusting metal beams inside the ceiling :jawdrop:

i suspect there is water leakage from upstairs, heard from my friend they need to hack and re do water proofing upstairs neighbor. hope they dun mind. :curse:

meeting HDB to check and hopefully fix this during my reno.

hope it wont come back again :dunno:

Hi bbbbbb128, lucky the water leaking is before the Reno start so still have time to rectify the problem.

imaging after the reno complete, that is even worse right !

i'm sure HDB will have to sort out the thing for u.

choy ! choy ! touchwood, never want to happen again.

Hi Sheepz, i'm doing the same thing. shifted out vanity into masterbed room, and shorten our kitchen and extend to the living room. :drunk:

Wooo since like we all have the same problem. I wanted to raise the whole kitchen area to level with the living room but my ID says the floor cannot hold the weight in the end we only raised the dining area

Yup the ceiling are low so we do away with false ceiling. Even so our ceiling fan looks dangerously low and my mil is not happy about it.

Edited by sheepz

Looks like u r in favour of J from inside living. Btw, how much did she quote u?

yo potatoes. :yamseng:

happy to see that your reno is finishing soon.

she took about 3 weeks to prepare the quotation. :deal:

my experience with all other ID/contractor, they all like to quote me high above my budget

even though i am going to let her handle my home, i was worried that she will quote me very high

i was very relieve to see the quotation she prepared is within my budget i gave her. :sport-smiley-004:

she even gave me freebies and other add on :thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

i always like laminate floor as it gives a warmer and better feel for the feet. create the cozy and warm feeling too. :notti:

but my home the ceiling is too low so i got no chance cannot do laminate flooring. the laminate is about 5cm thick too :unsure:

the terrazo flooring is **** thick, from the living room walk down the curb is like going down a stairs. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

now i almost can touch the ceiling already, if laminate i can really touch the ceiling. if i walk too close to my ceiling fan i will chop off LOL :furious: :furious: :furious:

so i got my contractor to hack all the terrazo away and relay tiles. hope this will make my ceiling higher and my home bigger.

i always though that a feature wall behind TV is like a designer signature and give the WOW effect in your house. but the price of the TV feature wall gave me a bigger WOW. so i decide not to do the feature wall :o :o :o .

maybe will stick some wall paper in future hehe :D :D

Edited by bbbbbb128

my toliet and bathroom are already very small so we decide not to overlay and hack wall/floor tiles and relay again.

when i went to see the toliet and bathroom wall/floor tiles are not hack. i heard nothing from my ID so i assumed that they will continue another day.

few days later got a surprise when my ID say during the toliet hacking, there was a HDB officer advised her the original HDB tiles are good so better dun hack. :bangwall:

i tried to find out who told my ID that, i called 2 HDB officers in charge of my blk but both said its ok to hack toliet wall and tiles. they never said cannot hack. my ID already hack a bit of the wall, then they stopped... mmm... wonder why :furious:

feels strange but anyway ID should inform me immediately when the HDB officer advised not to hack and not wait after few days then tell me. now she said if i want to hack must re apply hacking permit and 3 days cannot work. :furious:

she kept asure me that overlay is ok and we wont feel the difference, and the existing tiles are in very good condition... but mm.. after reading horror stories about ppl who overlay toliet wall/floor tiles i still insist for her to hack and relay. but feel strange why she dun wan to hack in the first place since HDB already approved and quotation already stated hack :unsure:

Looks like your I'D is trying to save $$$. Overlay is definitely chapter than hacking. What is written in the agreement? To hack or overlay? You have to make your decision and let your ID know what u want lor.

Looks like your I'D is trying to save $$$. Overlay is definitely chapter than hacking. What is written in the agreement? To hack or overlay? You have to make your decision and let your ID know what u want lor.

hi potatoes

the agreement is to hack toliet wall/floor tiles

now got her hacker and clearing to come again on fri to hack the toliets

wait 3 days is ok

dun push the added cost to me can already LOL :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

after 2 weeks only the living room tiles are completed:sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018:

IMAG0158.jpg

$400++ maclaire WC !!! :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

IMAG0118.jpg

the only semi recess sink in the shop that can fit into my tiny bathroom :yamseng:

IMAG0114.jpg

toliet tiles :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

IMAG0150.jpg

my tiny toliet :thumbs up: :thumbs up: :dribble: :dribble:

IMAG0154.jpg