Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SClofthouse

Our Humble Loft To Sleep, Eat & Play

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

It concluded that we will not recommending his service to our friends whom are planning to revamp their home.

The house are not fully completed with furnitures yet, here are some pics that i took from my iphone:

6837611688_9bdce37cda.jpg

6983734275_b44f40c434.jpg

Wall Decal pasted by the 2 of us..

6837612278_e7cbea7222.jpg

6837610950_e5e6a149ea.jpg

Hi there.. Can I check where u get ur decals from? TIA... Btw, lovely home :yamseng:

Hi Pineapple ,

My whole idea of the media room is to have a quiet room so that i can enjoy movies and music without disturbing any one . In order to do so , there is a lot of reading to do so , can check out useful forum like AVS forum , extremeplace . Most the home theater equipment , you can get locally from Adelphi ( the usual AV place for your purchase) next to Funan or you may try Emotiva internet based ( having sale now ) .As for my home theater i need to balance out the sound by using bass trap . diffuser and absorders. I have engage a free lance acoustic designer to do up my room measurement . Many people have overlook acoustic treatment , as this is one of the important aspect of having good sound .Just too many to discuss , maybe you can drop me a PM to discuss further.I am no expert but will try to help .Thank you.

Hi SClofthouse,

Wow! You have a lovely media room!! Would you be kind enough to share the contact number of your freelance acoustic designer please? Thanks!

I think he did a great job on your media room. Love it!! :D

I'd probably have to engage his services too because Im totally clueless about stuff like rock wool, speaker alignment, planning of room measurements for a home theatre system/sound room etc etc..

What I do like is to have a decent sound and home theatre system and a room that's set aside specially for it.

Guess in order to do that, I've gotta invest some monies into it . I would believe your husband and yourself do think it's money well spent ya? :D

In the meantime, I'd go check out extremeplace haha :P

Edited by Twinkie

Our reno is almost coming to an end, only left about 5% of carpentry & 10% of misc work to be rectified. Ultimately, we are satisfied with the carpentry work (the end products are awesome) but i am extremely disappointed with the painting (we both spotted uneven paint work, traceability of paint brush & the best is the paint over bubble gum which stuck onto the wall surface etc...) To us, we find that it is a really tiring process & we also learn a lot throughout these reno period. Nonetheless, we are very excited as we are almost there. :D

Some peektures to share:

2 of my favorite piece

6531286413_29bb64fc76.jpg

6531281901_1324fa272e.jpg

Hi SClofthouse, care to share where and how much u got your tv console?

Cos grafunct's too pricey for me. Been hunting for cheaper alternative.

How much and where you buy this console? It is custom made?

I have received various queries regarding the design for my TV console therefore i am putting up few pictures for better understanding & clearer explanation.

We requested to insert brush system at the middle top of the console, we want to hide away all the messy cables.

7493130382_26d6c9880c.jpg

This is how it looks when i open the louvre door panel. A rectangular shape is cut out at the backing parallel to the electrical switches.

7493131228_e8007e5e0b.jpg

The end result:

7493130822_980ce91567.jpg