Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mercsbenz

Help On Wall Tiles! (Cracking)

Maybe at first, there are hair line cracks, but because of the Home Improvement Program, these cracks deepens.

If this is really the case, then I am not sure if you can claim from your ID. Because hair line cracks are fairly common and is not really a fault of the ID/tiler.

Some tiles crack more easily than others, especially the China $2.20 ones. Not sure what tiles you use, but your ID should have explained to you if you decide to use cheaper tiles.

Just my 2 cents

Hi renoseeker,

Thanks for your advise, i think I would let the contractors of the HDB's Home Improvement Program take a look and see what they say about it. Because I can imagine this will be a big project with hefty sum involves like having expenses such as purchasing new wall tiles and paying for the labour. It's a big headache... :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Since there are Home Improvement program, it might have deepen or worsen the condition that was earlier there. What i understand is that you can talk to the HDB for the in charge. They may not pay for the whole repair, but perhaps certain percentage, imo its better then nothing. Perhaps for the home improvement program they might have sent letters regarding such issues. Try recalling or try emailing and ask.

Hi MingzhuAng,

Thanks for your advice, I think what you said is right, I should get the HDB's contractors to take a look, because I wouldnt really want to pay for all the expenses for repairing it. It's really a big headache...

The moment I saw your cracked tiles, I only have to ask you 2 questions:

1) Are you on the highest floor of your building?

2) Is there any re-roofing going on your block?

If there answer to the questions are Yes, pls call the contractor company in charge of re-roofing. It happened to my flat once. not only that, even my plastered wall have cracks too.

The moment I saw your cracked tiles, I only have to ask you 2 questions:

1) Are you on the highest floor of your building?

2) Is there any re-roofing going on your block?

If there answer to the questions are Yes, pls call the contractor company in charge of re-roofing. It happened to my flat once. not only that, even my plastered wall have cracks too.

Hi Jasperhl,

Answer 1: No, i stay on the 3rd Storey.

Answer 2: No, According to what I understand, all my neighbors opted for the Home Improvement Program to renovate their toilet, which means hacking of of wall tiles in their unit was being carried out. And I did not opt for the renovation as my unit has been renovated 3 years ago. Does the hacking and drilling has effect on the wall cracks?

Thank you.

Its exactly the same with my parents house toilet. Within 2 weeks after the cracks appeared, the tiles fell off.

Father Said HDB contractors came to rectify and admitted that the cement for that section wasn't properly laid. Replaced free.