Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
GrandReno

Which Wardrobe Good: Opsh Or Closet Design?

There could be some discussions on wardrobes in the past but I find the conclusion is not very strong.

For those of you who have chosen OPSH or Closet Design, why did you choose one over the other?

I went to see both. Seems like their quality and design are very similar. Pricing also. It's about $300 per foot run on average? I was surprised the price is so much cos just about a year ago, I thought I read it's $200+ only?

Appreciate any opinions and advice. Thank you!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Initially I was contemplating between opsh or closet design too. But later, I dropped the idea. Reason being I heard from friends that the price is pretty expensive and their aftersales service is not done very well.

actually OPSH is cheaper than closet design. there is another one that is alumnix i think even cheaper.

OPSH prob slightly more customisation ..

but actually you might wannna ask your ID/contractor to model after some zara or some boutique using stainless steel bars etc..

wont cost you a hand and a limb.. but alittle more conceptualisation required =)

Hi,

I'm not sure what is OPSH but all my WIW and kitchen cabinets were from Closet Design because I thought that if I'm willing to pay abit more, I wouldn't have to worry about workmanship and materials etc. Before deciding, we checked out others as well.

When the carpenters came to construct the pole system WIW, my FIL was there to see that everything was ok and he found them to be rather inexperienced from the way they constructed the WIW at the corner. But they rectified it nicely according to his suggestions and all was fine after that.

But for my kitchen cabinets, they did a very sloppy job at the joint of my L-shape cabinet. When my husband highlighted this to the chinese carpenter who was the main person in charge, the reply was "if you want it to be done nicely, the price would be different." I thought that was a lousy reply. We all know that Closet Design is certainly not the cheapest in the market. What is he saying? That I am paying too little? Frankly, I wouldn't have engaged Closet Design had I known they would do a sloppy job and show me this kind of attitude.

Just my personal experience. If anybody is interested, I can take a picture to show you.

Hi,

I'm not sure what is OPSH but all my WIW and kitchen cabinets were from Closet Design because I thought that if I'm willing to pay abit more, I wouldn't have to worry about workmanship and materials etc. Before deciding, we checked out others as well.

When the carpenters came to construct the pole system WIW, my FIL was there to see that everything was ok and he found them to be rather inexperienced from the way they constructed the WIW at the corner. But they rectified it nicely according to his suggestions and all was fine after that.

But for my kitchen cabinets, they did a very sloppy job at the joint of my L-shape cabinet. When my husband highlighted this to the chinese carpenter who was the main person in charge, the reply was "if you want it to be done nicely, the price would be different." I thought that was a lousy reply. We all know that Closet Design is certainly not the cheapest in the market. What is he saying? That I am paying too little? Frankly, I wouldn't have engaged Closet Design had I known they would do a sloppy job and show me this kind of attitude.

Just my personal experience. If anybody is interested, I can take a picture to show you.

Closet Design is certainly not cheap leh... I know it cos it was also in my shorlisted list when I'm sourcing for wardrobe. Didn't engaged them in the end cos somehow they got a bit of the 'Take it or leave it' kind of attitude even thou the saleperson I talked to was nice and friendly..... But their design is indeed the best and the nicest as compared to the rest of the shops that TS mentioned.

Yeah, the sales person for Closet Design is nice but it's the person who comes down to do your furniture that determines what you get ultimately. The worse thing that can happen is to pay premium price but get roughly done up furniture. When I was taking a picture yesterday, I noticed they even drilled holes wrongly on the wood and still went ahead to use it.. haiz... nightmare...