Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luvalist

First House, Lesson 1

Hi luvalist,

A very nice place you have here. Even though there are some hiccups now, but I believe the final result will be great... hang in there.

Btw, I am from Punggol Spring too. :)

I have not begun renovations, just sourcing for the right contractor and quotes now.

I saw that you had an oven built into a tall unit (beside the fridge) in your kitchen. Did you hack away the original tiled wall near the entrance to build the tall unit?

As far as I know, that tiled wall contains some pipes within? I have checked and some contractors are adamant that this area cannot be touched at all. Can you shed some light on this?

Thanks.

We nv hack the tiled wall with the pipe....cannot hack also..just build the over infront of the wall..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hehe anyway luvalist check with u what brand did u bought for ur soundbar? Because i thought all the soundbar should fix on most tv.. Thanks :)

Hehe anyway luvalist check with u what brand did u bought for ur soundbar? Because i thought all the soundbar should fix on most tv.. Thanks :)

It's a freebie from Philips! Anyway it's useless. Hahah. Can't use for tv. :P

Hi Luv,

Your Green wall looks FANTASTIC!

It really makes your house different from all the rest!

I like it so much! I think it will make your house feel closer to nature? like it gives you a fresh feeling everytime you see it.

Jon

Thanks for dropping by bro!! We heard not many hdb do this. Haha. It's sprouting new leaves and looking good so far! Just need to be near a water inlet and outlet. You can consider it! :) I think u will love it too!

Nevertheless, glad to have some fabulous picture of our house in progress:

6069567354_d6a39dd8d5.jpg

Our lovely sofa! by Sonic04, on Flickr

6069565432_5603b7f847.jpg

The brick wall, the tv and the useless soundbar by Sonic04, on Flickr

6069013839_2c0ee2479f.jpg

IMG_2374 by Sonic04, on Flickr

6069558534_a2eb05c062.jpg

The fabric backing with the bench... by Sonic04, on Flickr

we have the same tv n im gonna get dat soundbar too! nways can u explain further wads da problem wit the soundbar ?

my reno will start in few days time n i tink i shld come up wit a T blog too!

im frm Punggol Spring btw!

enjoyin ur thread!

we have the same tv n im gonna get dat soundbar too! nways can u explain further wads da problem wit the soundbar ?

my reno will start in few days time n i tink i shld come up wit a T blog too!

im frm Punggol Spring btw!

enjoyin ur thread!

Hey Filthyfingers, hope I ain't too late to reply you! I have connected the soundbar via HDMI but I couldn't find an option to open up the HDMI (they have all the connections except HDMI). I already given up on the soundbar. maybe I will play with the selection again when I have the time. Oh yeah, go do a T-blog! I hope to see your blog and you ard Spring soon!

I really wish to take and upload photos for keepsake purposes and before the plants start dying.

But my dog has just pooped on my rugs (2 somemore!).

For those who are still interested in having a greenwall, we had some mealy bug, some fungus attack, found a small snail. So 4-5 pots on the greenwall is like dying. We tried contacting greenology and they said they will pop by to take a look but they didn't. Oh well, after paying is like that one lah.

we had some gatherings in the house. and the great benefit of an open concept kitchen is that I can wash the plates and still join in conversations! :) but for budding chefs, not recommended for the oil splattering here and there!

For those planning their renovations, please do space planning! all the top cabinets are put to waste because I can't reach it. We had almost used up our bottom cabinets :(

thanks for the advice! i was seriously planning not to have any top cabinets.... but my friends have advised me against to because they will come in handy as storage space... but oh well... the kitchen is already so cluttered... i rather have an open feel than to clutter all my stuff in the kitchen... i guess i can check every other thing in the bomb shelter... love your flat's design!

akkywendy, thanks for popping by! :) maybe it does come in handy in years to come but definitely not now! everythiing seems to be in use on a weekly basis so it's quite dumb to put it up there. we have extra cups though but I won't risk climbing up and putting there for fear that I would drop them while transporting up and down. not a careful person u see! The top cabinets at my mum's place are already cluttered, dusty and things up there have not been cleaned up. I guess we are just lazy! hahaha.

Hi, love ur design very much! How is ur green wall now? I like the concept but worry about maintenance.

Erm, we spotted bugs, flies, snail... The soil fell onto the kitchen top, floor as and when.. I won't call it maintenance free like what the green wall people claims..! keep spotting dried brown leaves, dunno if we really lack of green fingers! not the lushful greens we saw initially! and still not lushful to cover the black wall behind.. but we are still hanging on! lol..

oops, so scary...But I still like the green idea.I note that Vertical Green has standalone one for sale and maybe will try one.

akkywendy, thanks for popping by! :) maybe it does come in handy in years to come but definitely not now! everythiing seems to be in use on a weekly basis so it's quite dumb to put it up there. we have extra cups though but I won't risk climbing up and putting there for fear that I would drop them while transporting up and down. not a careful person u see! The top cabinets at my mum's place are already cluttered, dusty and things up there have not been cleaned up. I guess we are just lazy! hahaha.

Erm, we spotted bugs, flies, snail... The soil fell onto the kitchen top, floor as and when.. I won't call it maintenance free like what the green wall people claims..! keep spotting dried brown leaves, dunno if we really lack of green fingers! not the lushful greens we saw initially! and still not lushful to cover the black wall behind.. but we are still hanging on! lol..

Hi luvalist, so how is your green wall doing? Also can I checkwith you how much you spend your red brick wall?

Thanks for dropping by! haha. Errrrrr... green wall is still looking fine except some pots died.. In fact, a few pots keep dying so initially we gotten the greenwall guys to come repot.. then we realised can just go to Thomson area to buy the pots and DIY - a lot cheaper! So from then, my hubby made it a point to go Thomson buy the plants and repot.. we repotted abt less than 20 pots I think since we moved in. It's not bad, we are still loving the green. :)

If I am not wrong, the ID quoted us $2.7 for the brick wall. most likely that's slightly above market rate de. They like to tok us. lol.

go check out Jumpstreet's T-blog ya, his wall is white :) and carrotcakegirl's...