Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kalimantan

If You Are Seller, How Much Cov Would You Ask For ?

Seen many topics that user always ask how much cov should they pay for. I now ask the reverse questions for SELLER only.

If you are a seller, how much COV YOU WANT ? Honest truth , please ...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Seller normally will take opinion from

1) Agent

2) Refers to other units ard the same area.

3) Friends and colleagues advise

3) Demand for the unit.

Before they start to market they normally will take advise from 1,2,3 , take the highest and markup 10-30k, hoping they get lucky.

If they managed to get their asking on the first few viewing. They may sell it immediately. However, if the offer come too quickly, sellers may revise their asking as they see demands.

If the demand is low, a few mths also no offer.. then they will lower their expectation lor.

Generally, those eager to sell anyway btw 30-50k.. they will let go.

Those who are not eager to sell >50k.

And please dun be mistaken that cov is the only portion that seller get in cash. Anything that is paid in excess of seller buying price + cpf incurred interest are give back to seller as cash. So to seller.. it's the selling price they are more concern.

Edited by HappyHouse88

Seller normally will take opinion from

1) Agent

2) Refers to other units ard the same area.

3) Friends and colleagues advise

3) Demand for the unit.

Before they start to market they normally will take advise from 1,2,3 , take the highest and markup 10-30k, hoping they get lucky.

If they managed to get their asking on the first few viewing. They may sell it immediately. However, if the offer come too quickly, sellers may revise their asking as they see demands.

If the demand is low, a few mths also no offer.. then they will lower their expectation lor.

Generally, those eager to sell anyway btw 30-50k.. they will let go.

Those who are not eager to sell >50k.

And please dun be mistaken that cov is the only portion that seller get in cash. Anything that is paid in excess of seller buying price + cpf incurred interest are give back to seller as cash. So to seller.. it's the selling price they are more concern.

I am asking for 60K COV. Not very high.. I find it reasonable..heee...still waiting for buyer's to counter offer higher..

Has got serious buyer's aiming my flat..Praying hard they will agreed to the price we ask. Cos location is good and peaceful.

I am asking for 60K COV. Not very high.. I find it reasonable..heee...still waiting for buyer's to counter offer higher..

Has got serious buyer's aiming my flat..Praying hard they will agreed to the price we ask. Cos location is good and peaceful.

You invested your money there, so you deserves to get the best returns.

Anyway, with the income ceilings raised, I am expecting an increase in demand for both new and resale flats, so also higher cov (just like coe).

You invested your money there, so you deserves to get the best returns.

Anyway, with the income ceilings raised, I am expecting an increase in demand for both new and resale flats, so also higher cov (just like coe).

Hope so...unless the buyer's is super stingy that no hope liao.. :bangwall:

if i'm not wrong, your flat is a 4I(improved type)(size 76-84sm)(No attached bath for master bedroom?)?

you have your right to ask for any cov, but i don't think is easy to fetch 60k cov especially for a low floor. usually buyer pay high cov for 1,Good View, 2, Good Size unit. (location and height of unit is a must for cov > 50k) don't you agree?

if possible, do keep us update if you can get such cov. meaning market is not cooling at all.

if i'm not wrong, your flat is a 4I(improved type)(size 76-84sm)(No attached bath for master bedroom?)?

you have your right to ask for any cov, but i don't think is easy to fetch 60k cov especially for a low floor. usually buyer pay high cov for 1,Good View, 2, Good Size unit. (location and height of unit is a must for cov > 50k) don't you agree?

if possible, do keep us update if you can get such cov. meaning market is not cooling at all.

Yes, you're ight. 4I is no attach bathroom in any of the bedroom. But upgraded 1 extra utility room at the back of the kitchen.

Though is low floor but unblock view. In front all trees..

I have a questions..i had sign an exclusive with 1 property agent..if there is another agent who has got potential buyer's, can they bring the buyer's to view my flat? If yes, meaning my agent has to agreed to co-broke with this agent ?

My friends has got few agent friends has quite many potiental buyer's looking at my area..but i dont know can they bring their buyer's to come my hse for viewing..Do i have to seek my exclusive agent for permission?

Yes, you're ight. 4I is no attach bathroom in any of the bedroom. But upgraded 1 extra utility room at the back of the kitchen.

Though is low floor but unblock view. In front all trees..

I have a questions..i had sign an exclusive with 1 property agent..if there is another agent who has got potential buyer's, can they bring the buyer's to view my flat? If yes, meaning my agent has to agreed to co-broke with this agent ?

My friends has got few agent friends has quite many potiental buyer's looking at my area..but i dont know can they bring their buyer's to come my hse for viewing..Do i have to seek my exclusive agent for permission?

i believe since you signed exclusive with your agent, the deal should go thru your agent within the agreed timeline say 3mths at a certain agreed baseline price?

actually, if you wanna get good price, try not to rush the sale, take your time if possible. otherwise how to maximise the cov? (i still don't think you will get >50k for cov unless got special buyer)(sorry, just a frank remark, just trying to be realistic)

maybe the expert in the forum can provide better advice.

also, for improved type of flat, it is not so popular unless is meant for a pair of couple only cos only 1 bath and 1 separate wc, no attached bath is a killer! this is the experience i gained during house hunting. most buyers prefer to have a attached bath in the mbr. so, if you wanna sell your house fast, you have to be realistic regarding the cov, cos as i mentioned, these day buyer going for 1, Good View (meaning high unblocked view, preferly with sea or city view) 2, Good Size (buyer are going for bigger units these day, min 115sm and above will command better cov)(if 4 room, must be a 4A type(105sm))

also, for improved type of flat, it is not so popular unless is meant for a pair of couple only cos only 1 bath and 1 separate wc, no attached bath is a killer! this is the experience i gained during house hunting. most buyers prefer to have a attached bath in the mbr. so, if you wanna sell your house fast, you have to be realistic regarding the cov, cos as i mentioned, these day buyer going for 1, Good View (meaning high unblocked view, preferly with sea or city view) 2, Good Size (buyer are going for bigger units these day, min 115sm and above will command better cov)(if 4 room, must be a 4A type(105sm))

yes..i agreed unless the buyer's buy for renting out purpose? haih..tough

yes..i agreed unless the buyer's buy for renting out purpose? haih..tough

even rent out also quite tough cos ONLY consider have 1 toilet! ppl these days prefer to have attached bath! the only way to fetch close to what you want is to do it slowly, hopefully durain will drop 1 day. sorry if sound bad.

Hahaha.. No worries.. You dun sound bad. You have your point. Now is like waiting to strike 4D.. Thou I dun buy 4D but I believe God can make it happened! Sorry.. Not trying to be holy or promoting about christianity here.

But now only can depend on God for miracle. :))

Hi hi!!

Sold! But COV only 36K. LOL!!' initially someone offered 38K but I accept the lower COV from a young couple's who been searching for a flat for quite a while. And they just married and desperatly need a house of their own. So I agreed to let go $36K COV. They came 3 times to view my flat and I can feel their sincerity. Agent initially ask me to hold on cos there are still buyer's waiting to view my flat but dunno why I just want to sell to this young couple's. LOL..