Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shawncck

Does Lg Solid Top Shine?

I wanted to have a shinning solid surface top for kitchen cabinet top...

But my ID suggest white solid surface top from china which does not shine...Anyone know if LG brand solid top shine?

And does the shine last? If not, anyone can suggest any material for top for a shinning surface... Thanks..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Shawncck,

Solid surface is semi shine i can say that. The shine will not last more then 5 years, depending on the user how they maintain and usage. But dont worry about it, solid surface can be re-polish. Other then solid surface, you can try granite tops which are very shiny if you are choosing the black galaxy. But the price is much higher then solid surface. If you have an appointment ID or contractor ask them to show you the samples. :)

Cheers!

Hi Shawncck,

Solid surface is semi shine i can say that. The shine will not last more then 5 years, depending on the user how they maintain and usage. But dont worry about it, solid surface can be re-polish. Other then solid surface, you can try granite tops which are very shiny if you are choosing the black galaxy. But the price is much higher then solid surface. If you have an appointment ID or contractor ask them to show you the samples. :)

Cheers!

Thanks for the info. I meeting my ID tonite but i want to know which are the type of material that shine beforehand...

Does LG solid top shine more compare to other china brand top?? I saw LG got this HI-MACS Acrylic Solid Surfaces... izzit different from the normal solid top and does it shine more??

Opps I think i am late for this reply. I guess your Id have already shown you the differences.

My id show me the LG sample... but i was told the amount will be double that of normal solid top...

I still thinking changing anot... very expensive

How much is it? $110 pfr? They have a few range in LG, maybe you had chosen the higher range ones?

My ID has yet to quote me... he ssay need to check it out... So it market rate is 110 pfr??

Edited by shawncck

i would rather you not use the LG or any 100% acrylic. Save the money.. i've seen my customer place after i've done up for him. Although its higher scratch resistance and higher heat resistance.. seems nice on specs sheet itself but.. actual usage also got scratches.. might as well go for the norm ones and choose the lighter colour..