Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
schiz0id

Renovation Permit - Indemnity Form

Hi there,

Just wanted to check if anyone knows why we need seller to sign the indemnity form if our renovation works will be starting only after second appointment?

Is it because at the time of applying for the permit, they are still the rightful owners?

Our seller (according to the seller agent) is not agreeable to signing the indemnity form for us to start reno works 2 days after getting the keys. So now trying to understand why HDB has such a form and if there's any way to go around this.

Appreciate any suggestions/insight to this matter.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi there,

Just wanted to check if anyone knows why we need seller to sign the indemnity form if our renovation works will be starting only after second appointment?

Is it because at the time of applying for the permit, they are still the rightful owners?

Our seller (according to the seller agent) is not agreeable to signing the indemnity form for us to start reno works 2 days after getting the keys. So now trying to understand why HDB has such a form and if there's any way to go around this.

Appreciate any suggestions/insight to this matter.

Yup, you're right. Because renovation permit for floor hacking takes around 3 days... Wall hacking takes 2-3 weeks. We are fortunate that our seller is very accommodating.

Yup, you're right. Because renovation permit for floor hacking takes around 3 days... Wall hacking takes 2-3 weeks. We are fortunate that our seller is very accommodating.

Hi roger,

Thanks for replying. You applied your permit through your seller too? Did you have to explain what the form is for?

My seller doesn't understand what the form is for and she doesn't seem to want to talk to us about it, leaving us very puzzled about the whole thing.

Before this problem arose, we already had a tight dealine. Now it's made super duper tight! Sigh....... At wits' end............

Hi roger,

Thanks for replying. You applied your permit through your seller too? Did you have to explain what the form is for?

My seller doesn't understand what the form is for and she doesn't seem to want to talk to us about it, leaving us very puzzled about the whole thing.

Before this problem arose, we already had a tight dealine. Now it's made super duper tight! Sigh....... At wits' end............

Hi,

For my case, i start my house reno 2 weeks before my second appoinment, my agent help to talk to seller and seller agent and they agree to sign the letter for us to start the renovation.

Think you can try to talk to your agent and ask him to arrange with seller side.

Hi,

For my case, i start my house reno 2 weeks before my second appoinment, my agent help to talk to seller and seller agent and they agree to sign the letter for us to start the renovation.

Think you can try to talk to your agent and ask him to arrange with seller side.

Hi dedavinci,

Thanks for the reply. Your seller is really very nice to let you start renovation early! :good:

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), we don't have an agent so we deal with seller's agent who don't seem to be very helpful (then again, she's not inclined to be nice to me :( ).

Am at the mercy of the seller's agent. Contemplated going to see seller directly but don't want to seem too confrontational.

Hope to settle asap since we are getting our keys in a few weeks' time. :bangwall:

Seller has the right not to sign that form.

This is nothing abt nice or not nice.

If the seller sign that form, if anything happen. The seller will be responsible for it.

If nothing happen, everyone happy.

But when thing happen, finger start to point all direction.

HDB will only go after 1 person. The seller whose signature on the form

Hi therat,

Thanks for replying.

I totally agree that seller has the right to sign or not. Maybe if the "fine print" in this whole permit application is clearer, I may not sign too.

But I'm just curious about what the form entails. It doesn't seem very clear. When you say anything happens, seller is responsible. As in, if any damages that arises from our renovation works to the owners downstairs, the sellers are liable too?

I still am very puzzled why they should be responsible when the renovation works are ours and if we are the rightful owners by that time.

Sorry for sounding suaku but these HDB policies are not making much sense to me. Thanks for your patience! :)

Hi everyone, would like to check if this idemnity form still exist or HDB change rules on the idemnity form? My ID told me that there is some changes on the rules therefore they need e actual owner to take over before we can apply.