Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MeRfMeRf

<><> Our Simple 4-Room Loft @ Hougang <><>

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Your bedframe looks good! Love your choice of laminate for the kitchen cabinet! Share more pic pls :yamseng:

thanks alot sis! i love your place too, esp with most of your furnishings in white and wood colour schemes! thanks for sharing Jackson's contacts from ideashades too, will be contacting him shortly to do up the window blinds after we install the grilles.

btw sorry to hear about the laminate flooring issues, hope its been resolved and all is well. :good:

:good: :good: :good:

will update more pics as its goes along, tomorrow the workers for glass works would be coming to install the kitchen back-splash and MBR toliet mirror.

Hi,

Nice place you have there, may i ask how much were you quoted for all your electrical coz i see that you have quite a no of lightings and t5 lights.

erm my ID dint really specify in the quotation, but both my electrical and plumbing is by the same contractor. if u are keen i can get him to contact you?

yup have almost 30 pcs of T5s of various lengths and 13 downlights at various places.

on a seprate note, the glass guys came to install the kitchen backsplash n remaining mirror. will update wib pics lata.

here are the pics for the kitchen back-splash as promised...

Image00421.jpg

Image00416.jpg

Image00417.jpg

Image00420.jpg

*appologies for the dust, the guys from the solid sufrace manufacturer came to polish the countertop.

Edited by MeRfMeRf

painter has also finished the various rooms with another round of coats and the window grilles for my home are up as well...

BD1

Image00432.jpg

BD2

Image00433.jpg

MBR

Image00435.jpg

Image00434.jpg

next will be re-doing the bottom window panels with those opaque tints for some privacy purposes and also installing roller blinds for them...

Edited by MeRfMeRf

bought this huge mirror from ikea earlier this week as well for decorating the dining area...

Image00423.jpg

Image00424.jpg

if you do notice, the window grilles here in the pict has additional horizontal bars on the bottom right for security purposes as its located next to our main door...

Image00427.jpg

Image00428.jpg

*all the corrugated boards have also been removed which now shows off the laminates we chose for the living and bedrooms... next up on the list would be the chemical/general cleaning phase.

Edited by MeRfMeRf

we also got our electrician to help purchase and install this Timer Switch mounted on the wall for the storage heater...

Image00402.jpg

it glows with a blue LED light when switched on... cost us $95

we bought this pendant dining light from LC Lighting

DiningRoomLight.jpg

LampGustaf San Francisco

its also our most expensive light in the entire home, me and my wife love it alot, but ID say maintenance might be an issue with so many grilles to clean haha...

btw on a side note, would greatly appreciate if anyone has got contacts to share for:

changing of door locks for both bedroom and main door

window tinting with those opaque/translucent kinds.

if you are have, please feel free to SIC via PMs. thanks!

Nice light you got there, don't worry about maintenance, just use a vacuum cleaner once a month or two. :yamseng:

BTW, may I know where did you get the timer for the water heater? I have been looking at home-fix and a few hardware store but couldn't find one that is build in type like yours.

hey defelio, i called the electrician abt the timer switch, he says it can be bought at choo chiang at amk.

http://ccm.sg/www/LocateUs.htm

Hi MerfMerf, thank you and sorry for troubling ya! I was there a few days ago getting another Clipsal switch and didn't found a timer like that... :unsure: I will have to ask them about it tmr.

Thanks again! :yamseng:

Hi MerfMerf, thank you and sorry for troubling ya! I was there a few days ago getting another Clipsal switch and didn't found a timer like that... :unsure: I will have to ask them about it tmr.

Thanks again! :yamseng:

hey bro, your most welcomed! SIC is the spirit of the forums. :D

hope you managed to find what ya looking for?

some pics of my MBR toliet which i took earlier today...

Image00404.jpg

Image00407.jpg

Image00408.jpg

Image00396.jpg

initally, ID wanted to do up a vanity cabinet and countertop sink for this toliet, but due to the toilet's miniature size, it would be very cramped when combined with the WC we gotten first, so no choice had to scrap it entirely and look for a smaller size wash basin and glad we made the move to do without it.

Love your kitchen! Your choice of wood laminate + black glass backsplash + white top. Nice!

Curious to see how you put in your bed.. u have a platform? cos i see your side table quite high.

We got the same mirror for our dinning as well. Cheap and big! Now waiting for our contractor to hang it up for us. You met any problem hanging this up?

Edited by Dreaming

Love your kitchen! Your choice of wood laminate + black glass backsplash + white top. Nice!

Curious to see how you put in your bed.. u have a platform? cos i see your side table quite high.

We got the same mirror for our dinning as well. Cheap and big! Now waiting for our contractor to hang it up for us. You met any problem hanging this up?

actually was quite worried the kitchen would look too woody but it turned out nice with the black glass backsplash as its more of loft theme as there are mainly wood, white and grey tones, however the carpentry design ish rather contemporary, so i guess you could call this a fusion of both. :sport-smiley-018:

the mattress we bought comes with a divan base and its combined height is roughly 25" thus the side tables are high too. will take a pic once all the furnitures are delivered.

the mirror is very worth the $$$ for its size and finishing, its hung using 2 screws mounted to the wall similar to hanging a picture as the brackets are on both sides of the frame. you will need to get your contractor to drill and supply the mounting screws as the package from ikea doesn't come with it.

I concur!!!

thanks matrox, love your choice of tiles too! esp the toliet ones, i would say your theme would be more towards contemporary? sorry to hear about the reno issues which you posted earlier today and hope everything turns out fine.

btw pls do send me a PM on the details for the Focal 5.1 too :notti:

Edited by MeRfMeRf