Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MeRfMeRf

<><> Our Simple 4-Room Loft @ Hougang <><>

Latest Update:

the general cleaning was done for the house, however we were quite unhappy as the wooden skirting had suffered water damage in the dinning area when they did their chemical wash of the area.

photo6.jpg

photo5.jpg

told my ID to have them replaced with new ones as the damage done is defintely not acceptable. the flooring people as well as carpentry will be coming down to rectify all the issues that i've highlighted since the general cleaning was done.

on a good note, all bedroom doors have been replaced as the old doors are really CMI, initally dint want to change them to save some $$$, however after seeing its condition internally, have decided to get news ones instead.

photo8.jpg

photo7.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

we have bought this Samsung Front Load washer yesterday at Courts.

WF8692NEC_SG_medium.jpg

now waiting for Sitex this weekend to hoot a TV and maybe HT system.

be sure to read up on the different tv models before going to sitex.

for e.g. IT show vendors like to sell in such a manner "samsung 7000 series at 1499 only!"

but they never tell you its C7000 or D7000

sometimes just 1 letter or 1 digit difference in the models make a huge difference.

also good to store on hp the contacts of other stores to do immediate price check

enjoy SITEX!

Edited by Simontsh

be sure to read up on the different tv models before going to sitex.

for e.g. IT show vendors like to sell in such a manner "samsung 7000 series at 1499 only!"

but they never tell you its C7000 or D7000

sometimes just 1 letter or 1 digit difference in the models make a huge difference.

also good to store on hp the contacts of other stores to do immediate price check

enjoy SITEX!

yes, i read about it in HWZ where the vendors sort of "misled" consumers into thinking they are getting a good deal if the TV is the latest most current model but actually its an older range and they are clearing stocks.

i think best would be to identify and narrow down the models im interested in and get various pricing/quotes from places like Everjoint, Parisilk and other neighbourhood shops alike to see whats the best price point and affordability, Sitex might not be cheap at all from what i've gathered, at most would be additional freebies thrown in.

nonetheless, thanks for ya advice, you going down this coming weekend too?

we have bought this Samsung Front Load washer yesterday at Courts.

WF8692NEC_SG_medium.jpg

now waiting for Sitex this weekend to hoot a TV and maybe HT system.

very familiar... is this a 12kg washer cum 8kg dryer?

very familiar... is this a 12kg washer cum 8kg dryer?

nope its a 7kg washer only, we got it as it was on sale and fits our budget, not sure if we are intending to get a separate dryer at this point in time. from my mum's experience, try not to get a 2-in-1 washer cum dryer as usually it's lifespans is rather shorter as it wears down faster due to more mechanical parts.

yes, i read about it in HWZ where the vendors sort of "misled" consumers into thinking they are getting a good deal if the TV is the latest most current model but actually its an older range and they are clearing stocks.

i think best would be to identify and narrow down the models im interested in and get various pricing/quotes from places like Everjoint, Parisilk and other neighbourhood shops alike to see whats the best price point and affordability, Sitex might not be cheap at all from what i've gathered, at most would be additional freebies thrown in.

nonetheless, thanks for ya advice, you going down this coming weekend too?

yeah best is to know the pricing for neighbourhood shops. for e.g. the LG soundbar HLX56s i was aiming, retail 1399 at most places....lowest i saw 1299....then was offered 990 from the parisilk at HV.... :dribble:

i heard of very good pricing from everjoint....but some forumers here complain abt their service wor.

Parisilk have one very good point over the rest, that is they allow credit card payment....not sure for places like everjoint and goh ah bee.

for SITEX I will nt be able to go see see look look since I will be overseas :bangwall:

yeah best is to know the pricing for neighbourhood shops. for e.g. the LG soundbar HLX56s i was aiming, retail 1399 at most places....lowest i saw 1299....then was offered 990 from the parisilk at HV.... :dribble:

i heard of very good pricing from everjoint....but some forumers here complain abt their service wor.

Parisilk have one very good point over the rest, that is they allow credit card payment....not sure for places like everjoint and goh ah bee.

for SITEX I will nt be able to go see see look look since I will be overseas :bangwall:

wow if can get at $990 is really a good deal considering having saved $300 from the next highest price. everjoint's rates are quite ok, but heard they push customers towards certain brands over others which could be due to higher margins from those manufacturers.

will drop by Parisilk this coming weekend to find out their pricing for TV and Fridge before heading down to Sitex. anyway if you got nuthing to get, den dun need go down to squeeze with others. ;) ;) ;)

Nice lights! Sui Sui~

Actually i have a list comparing the electrical appliances

I found out the Fridge i wanted at BEST is cheaper than GAB, Everjoint, Parisilk, hong liang, New city...

Now im very confuse where should i get...

Most of the items at BEST or HN (promo price) can match neighbourhood shops....

Nice lights! Sui Sui~

Actually i have a list comparing the electrical appliances

I found out the Fridge i wanted at BEST is cheaper than GAB, Everjoint, Parisilk, hong liang, New city...

Now im very confuse where should i get...

Most of the items at BEST or HN (promo price) can match neighbourhood shops....

thanks bro, lights i think just nice, not too bright and glaring and not too little, ID initally suggested more cove lights and downlights for the house but we think its an overkill.

well, over the weekend, i intended to get my stuffs at SiteX but ended up buying from Harvey Norman Suntec and Gain City Marina Sq for my TV and Fridge respectively. the prices and perks they offered were way much better then those neighbourhood store you listed. in fact i was quite surprised that i could "bargain" slightly for my fridge with the GC sales guy. i actually do suggest you check with Gain City at Marina Sq, give them a call and quote the model and brand see if their rates are better then Best or HN.

my TV, Sofa, Dining Table and Living Room Console also arrived over the past weekend but havent got the time to take any pics yet thou.

some close-ups of the modular units that came with our package...

it consist of 1 set of metal basket drawers, 3 tray drawers and a pull-out mirror.

Image00453.jpg

Image00455.jpg

Image00454.jpg

Edited by MeRfMeRf

some updates for my kitchen/service yard area...

bought this samsung fridge from Gain City at a very good price and it comes bundled with a free samsung vaccumm cleaner too.

Image00442.jpg

my washer was also delivered the other day by Courts

Image00440.jpg

have new grilles and casement windows installed in the service yard area well!

Image00439.jpg

Edited by MeRfMeRf

managed to snap a few pics of my sofa while i was there earlier this evening...

Image00458.jpg

Image00459.jpg

bought this 2.9m fabric sofa from Nova Furnishing at some furniture expo fair.