Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beezeebear

Velkommen Til 92 Sqm Huset Vårt!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Renovation Log :

19 Feb 2012

Finished painting almost every room except for 1 guest room, half of the living room ceiling and MBR bathroom door frame.

Special Thanks to all our kind friends who came down to help us! Not forgetting MIL who came down to see, FIL who came down to paint, and BIL for bringing lunch all the way down for us. :yamseng:

3 quarters dead now! hopefully I can still make it to work tomorrow

Renovation Log :

20 Feb 2012

Went down after work today to see our place and was pleasantly surprised to see the guestroom wardrobe up, half of study room done, toilet vanity cupboards done, and half of WIW done. It was however too dark to take any pics as we do not have any lights up yet.

So happy! can't wait to see more! :sport-smiley-004:

Renovation Log :

19 Feb 2012

Finished painting almost every room except for 1 guest room, half of the living room ceiling and MBR bathroom door frame.

Special Thanks to all our kind friends who came down to help us! Not forgetting MIL who came down to see, FIL who came down to paint, and BIL for bringing lunch all the way down for us. :yamseng:

3 quarters dead now! hopefully I can still make it to work tomorrow

Well done beezebear! I always think that painting the whole house by ourselves give us a sense of satisfaction! I may also do that to save up some cost. Does this mean the contractor will have to stop other work while you do the painting? (for example, carpentry?) Hmm.. just wondering

Well done beezebear! I always think that painting the whole house by ourselves give us a sense of satisfaction! I may also do that to save up some cost. Does this mean the contractor will have to stop other work while you do the painting? (for example, carpentry?) Hmm.. just wondering

Hi Valarie!

Hhhaha my arms and legs are still aching after 2 days. But it does save you a couple of hundreds, every bit counts, right?

We coordinated with the contractor, so before he put up the cabinets, lights and fans, we were asked to paint the house. And of cos they couldn't wait very long for us, so we had to paint it over the weekend. There was 1 room which we didn't have time to paint, but they fixed the wardrobe yesterday.

Things to note: Bring some portable fans if u can, we were all quite fried in the heat. And we had to stop work at about 7.30, because the sun set and we had no lights. Our whole house was painted white, which made things easier, and flaws were not that noticeable. If you are looking at colors, then it might be harder to DIY, as I heard that patches will be obvious.

Let me know if you have any more queries! :) Good luck with the painting.

Hi, love your choice of furnitures and design idea, may i know where do you get all the furnitures from? and which ID you use?

Edited by WanDerWan

Hi, love your choice of furnitures and design idea, may i know where do you get all the furnitures from? and which ID you use?

Hi WanDerWan,

Wow, your first post is on my blog! hahaha

Thank you very much for your compliments! Most of our furniture are custom made as we do not want to buy wardrobes or cabinets that will fall apart after 1 yr. Eames dining chairs are from LushLush. We haven't the time to buy our dining table and coffee table (which I might just grab from ikea). Our teak sofa is a gift from our friend. Basically everything will be kept simple (for now).

Hhaha~ the I.D is Beezeebear pte ltd. :rolleyes:

Hi^^

Had been awhile since I last visited this blog and it is so active now.

Piknik - you r so active le.. Thanks for sharing my inspiration pic.. Happy to see what I had shared was further shared..

Congrats beezeebear on ur keys collection!

I was initially very much into scandi theme... But also very much in love with the industrial and after meeting my contractor who is into industrial, my place turn out to be rustic, retro, industrial.. Not sure if u had view my Tblog, my Reno is already finishing 60%

So if you r not doing false ceiling and Lbox, are you using track lights? Led track lights are not cheap also and the track will create a industrial look - any impact to ur scandi look? Maybe u can consider small area like living with Lbox only..

I also bought the haiku fan!!! High five..

No one share their lobang with me but my contractor bought me to universal uion at geylang and I paid $640 for a black one.. Maybe not the cheapest but I couldnt find any better lobang Liao... Wish you good luck and look forward to see more updates from u.,,

Hi, I am considering buying the haiku fan for my living room too. Do you have any feedback in term of the fan quality?

Hi, I am considering buying the haiku fan for my living room too. Do you have any feedback in term of the fan quality?

Hi Newbie~

There aren't many review about the Haiku fan around. But the specs sounds good to me. hahhaha! I only know, design-wise, I am in love with the Haiku fan. :P

*Award Winning Design*

Energy Efficiency – max 25W - 30W, min 4W

Standard Drop Length: 250mm & 400mm

Blade Sweep: 60inch (1500mm)

Airflow: 230m³/min

RPM: Low – 60, High – 200

Weight: 6Kg

6 - 7 Speeds Infrared Remote Control with Sleep Mode, Whoosh Mode & Off Timer

Low Noise

Advanced Safety Features

Totally enclosed motor design protects windings & bearings from dust build up

Corrosion resistant aluminium hanger tube with Thermoplastic Blades

Renovation Log :

25 Feb 2012

1) All kitchen cabinets up. Waiting for solid surface top to arrive and to fix hob.

2) WIW tic tac door up.

3) Painting for the whole house painfully all done (oh yeah!!)

4) Went to buy lights, haiku fan and bathroom accessories today

MONTAGE.jpg

We are almost there!!

*Just a note for those who wish to DIY painting like us. Be prepared to paint your walls multiple times. Your contractor will normally ask you to paint it before they fix up the carpentry. And to my horror, the workers let lots of handprints on the walls after the carpentry was done up, so be prepared to touch up or repaint your walls. :bangwall: