Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beezeebear

Velkommen Til 92 Sqm Huset Vårt!

Renovation Log :

7 Feb 2012

Renovation started and kitchen base constructed.

15 Feb 2012

1)False ceiling in living room up

2) Living rm feature wall prepared and waiting for craftstones to be fixed up

3) Aircons for 3 bedrooms done

4) MBR shower kerb up

5) MBR WIW skeleton constructed

6) Hob, Hood, Heater all delivered and waiting to be fixed

7) lighting points in rooms all up

15Feb12.jpg

Pardon my laziness to post different pics, so I have montaged them all into one!

Can't wait for more stuff to be completed!! :yamseng:

ah your reno is looking good! definitely looking fwd to more pics from you!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

ah your reno is looking good! definitely looking fwd to more pics from you!

Thank you Takeyu! :)

Does your house comes with all the basic tiles are flooring done? Or did you pay another amount to have them made by HDB?

Confidential, our flat is a premium one and it comes with all tiles. Doors included. :)

Renovation Log :

17 Feb 2012

Went home late at night to check on our place.

1) Craft stone wall is up! Looking quite good on its on, and we are wondering if we should paint it white.

2) Storage heater up in common bathroom

3) MBR toilet kerb tiled

We are now ready to paint the house!! This is gonna be a DIY process as we have busted our budget and we want to save on painting labor cost. :drunk:

Anyone has painting tips to share? Wish us luck!

IMG_4252_2.jpg

U r welcome Beezeebear.

Btw what paint are u using? Cos there are some paint my contractor adviced are not good for touching up? Meaning if ur capenter or whoever dirty ur wall after ur painting, u cannot just paint over a small area but need to repaint the whole wall which can be super challenging for u with all those capentry already in place. U will need even more masking tape. So maybe u can seek advice from ur contractor or ID what type of paint CAN allow easy touching up

Actually DIY painting really not easy, like my place now still need alot of patching and touching up by the painters.. I already can feel how shiong they will be needed to masking tape ALL the carpentry and ceiling all over again inorder to paint the last coat (cos my contractor say my paint not good for touch up so he only painted one coat sealer and one coat paint)

I really salute u for ur effort you put in for ur home!!

Edited by pinkwhale

U r welcome Beezeebear.

Btw what paint are u using? Cos there are some paint my contractor adviced are not good for touching up? Meaning if ur capenter or whoever dirty ur wall after ur painting, u cannot just paint over a small area but need to repaint the whole wall which can be super challenging for u with all those capentry already in place. U will need even more masking tape. So maybe u can seek advice from ur contractor or ID what type of paint CAN allow easy touching up

Actually DIY painting really not easy, like my place now still need alot of patching and touching up by the painters.. I already can feel how shiong they will be needed to masking tape ALL the carpentry and ceiling all over again inorder to paint the last coat (cos my contractor say my paint not good for touch up so he only painted one coat sealer and one coat paint)

I really salute u for ur effort you put in for ur home!!

Wow... really got paint that are better for touching up? My contractor advised us to get Nippon odorless paint. Seems pretty ok.

You are so right about DIY painting and its really Not easy!! My arms are aching, my back is breaking and we have only painted the master bedroom. HAHHA! Thank God some friends are coming to help out tomorrow! woooohoo! The taping is still ok, but the painting of corners, trying to avoid the window panes and small details like the switch i also have to tape really drives me nuts!! Arghh!

Thank you for the moral support, We will JIAYOU!! :dancingqueen:

Renovation Log :

18 Feb 2012

1) Frosted sliding door for MBR toilet up

2) Shower area glass screen up

Started painting :furious:

1.jpg

White 1142 for all walls.

15.jpg

For areas with gypsum board partition and false ceiling.

DIY painting is tedious and time consuming! Hopefully we will be able to finish more tomorrow. :paint:

Nice place! We got very similar designs ^_^

Thanks Lancelot! I think the Scandinavian theme is very popular these days and due to the restricted place HDB gives us, there's only so much we can change. :D

Thumbs for the DIY painting! Definitely quite a task to do but really admire your patience to do it.

But once you completed, i guess you will feel very satisfied with yourself! Jiayou! :sport-smiley-003:

The craftstome wall is looking good. Is it supposed to be your featured wall?

Hi ahlipz!

yups, the TV point was actually on the longer wall opposite this, but we decided to save some $ and use craftstones only on the shorter wall. :P Our contractor helped to pull the tv cables from the common room beside it so we won't have unsightly casing all over the living room.

Thumbs for the DIY painting! Definitely quite a task to do but really admire your patience to do it.

But once you completed, i guess you will feel very satisfied with yourself! Jiayou! :sport-smiley-003:

Hi Takeyu! hahhaha I woke up with fingers so sore I have trouble opening and closing my palm. Going for Macdonalds breakfast and starting work earlier today. Thank u for the morale support! :)