Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beezeebear

Velkommen Til 92 Sqm Huset Vårt!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I read that ur flat has lots of defect,... Is it really bad?

How to spot them? :jawdrop:

Hi Piknik~

Merry Christmas!

Oh, there are loads of hollow parquet flooring in the 3 rooms. We used a marble to knock the parquet flooring. The sound difference between the solid and hollow parquet is pretty obvious to the ears. Then use some masking tape to "box" up the area and report to BSC. We just finished all the 3 rooms yesterday. I saw in FB they take their own sweet time to rectify all these hollow defects. :(

Merry Christmas! And Happy New Year!

Thanks for the tip. Will check our flat carefully when we receive the keys. But a bit disappointed wig Hdb that it will comes with defects, since it seems like everyone else has it.

Is your lovely chair comfortable to seat on? Hubby n I want to have different design of chair for the dining table so it's "different". Hahhaha. Don't like the uniform look at all.

Merry Christmas! And Happy New Year!

Thanks for the tip. Will check our flat carefully when we receive the keys. But a bit disappointed wig Hdb that it will comes with defects, since it seems like everyone else has it.

Is your lovely chair comfortable to seat on? Hubby n I want to have different design of chair for the dining table so it's "different". Hahhaha. Don't like the uniform look at all.

Hhahah I will only have my chairs delivered to me in March. I hope they will be comfy.

I know what you mean. A little like the project shop cafe. 1 table with 4 different chairs. I wanted to go collect 4 different chairs from salvation army etc and send them for upholstering / restoration, but hubby doesn't like the idea. :P

:dancingqueen: Finally CNY is over and renovation will commence next week! Totally eggcited!

Spent 4 hours at our new house finalizing details with our contractor. I hope everything turns out ok!

Does anyone know where we can buy a Haiku kotuku fan? I know in some shops it retails for $740, just wondering if anyone knows anywhere that sells it cheaper.

Haiku-Kotuku.png

Chanced upon this pic of someone's living room. Does anyone know where I can find this kind of coffee table? Its not oval or round, but some sort of a triangle guitar pick shape? hahaha, sorry for the lousy explanation. Please let me know if you have seen something like that around

l_15157.jpg

Wooohoo! Happy Sunday everyone!

Hi^^

Had been awhile since I last visited this blog and it is so active now.

Piknik - you r so active le.. Thanks for sharing my inspiration pic.. Happy to see what I had shared was further shared..

Congrats beezeebear on ur keys collection!

I was initially very much into scandi theme... But also very much in love with the industrial and after meeting my contractor who is into industrial, my place turn out to be rustic, retro, industrial.. Not sure if u had view my Tblog, my Reno is already finishing 60%

So if you r not doing false ceiling and Lbox, are you using track lights? Led track lights are not cheap also and the track will create a industrial look - any impact to ur scandi look? Maybe u can consider small area like living with Lbox only..

I also bought the haiku fan!!! High five..

No one share their lobang with me but my contractor bought me to universal uion at geylang and I paid $640 for a black one.. Maybe not the cheapest but I couldnt find any better lobang Liao... Wish you good luck and look forward to see more updates from u.,,

Edited by pinkwhale

Hi^^

Had been awhile since I last visited this blog and it is so active now.

Piknik - you r so active le.. Thanks for sharing my inspiration pic.. Happy to see what I had shared was further shared..

Congrats beezeebear on ur keys collection!

I was initially very much into scandi theme... But also very much in love with the industrial and after meeting my contractor who is into industrial, my place turn out to be rustic, retro, industrial.. Not sure if u had view my Tblog, my Reno is already finishing 60%

So if you r not doing false ceiling and Lbox, are you using track lights? Led track lights are not cheap also and the track will create a industrial look - any impact to ur scandi look? Maybe u can consider small area like living with Lbox only..

I also bought the haiku fan!!! High five..

No one share their lobang with me but my contractor bought me to universal uion at geylang and I paid $640 for a black one.. Maybe not the cheapest but I couldnt find any better lobang Liao... Wish you good luck and look forward to see more updates from u.,,

Hi Pinkwhale!

Thank you for dropping by! I love the industrial and 'raw' feel too, but my contractor advised that it will look very cold so we have decided to stick with the scandi theme :) Just re-visited your T-blog, your reno is looking good!! :D

Due to budget constraints (LOL), we will only be having partial false ceiling to abt 2/3 of the living room. The cove lights from where it ends will give light to the TV area, where I will use the point there for the Haiku fan. :P Yeap! track lights cost about 1K+, so I might as well use that cash for a partial false ceiling. The Haiku fan used to be just $500+ (contractor's discount) and it just increased by $100+ a few days ago. :(

Just to share some pics,

tblogLIVING.jpg

Living room

tblogKITCHEN.jpg

Kitchen

I took pics of the laminates and Photoshoped them to the drawings the contractor provided because my husband can't visualize. :rolleyes:

Ya that's good idea for the partial false ceiling and Lbox, no need for whole unit false ceiling unless the false ceiling is having some design which becomes the highlight of the unit.

Actually I dun really understand what is the cold feeling le.. But I have quite alot of cement hopefully mine won't turn out too cold. I try to complement the cement with wood.. Hopefully it helps..

Wow yr drawing is fantastic le.. How u do this kind of drawing?? Really great!! And it looks good and very scandi!! Yr kitchen cabinet laminate looks a little like my kitchen cabinet too.. I wonder did we really have the same taste.. ^^

Ya that's good idea for the partial false ceiling and Lbox, no need for whole unit false ceiling unless the false ceiling is having some design which becomes the highlight of the unit.

Actually I dun really understand what is the cold feeling le.. But I have quite alot of cement hopefully mine won't turn out too cold. I try to complement the cement with wood.. Hopefully it helps..

Wow yr drawing is fantastic le.. How u do this kind of drawing?? Really great!! And it looks good and very scandi!! Yr kitchen cabinet laminate looks a little like my kitchen cabinet too.. I wonder did we really have the same taste.. ^^

Hhaha I think the "cold" feeling is determined by the color grey and the industrial look comprises of a lot of grey tones. Grey, blue are probably samples of cold colors while red, orange, yellow are warm hues.

My contractor got someone to do the drawings for me, just to make sure everything correctly communicated before he starts work. I put in the colors and "laminates" on the b/w drawings he passed to me. hahaha! he was pretty impressed at how the colors added made the drawings look different. Thank you for your compliments too! :D

I would love to have cement flooring or walls next time! But for now I will go with wood, white and neutral colors. :)

Thanks for sharing your definition of "cold" then probably my mbr might be a little cold cos lotsa of grey haha.. Living room should be fine cos lotsa wood to complement.

Yeah... Will be waiting for more pics from u to slowly reveal the actual outcome!!

Hallo, can share your contractor's contact? I am still looking for one. Thanks a bunch.

Sorry Piknik, I wasn't watching my T-blog. Was on leave and busy with some stuff. I saw your blog and you needed a contractor who can speak english relatively well? Mine is like 99% mandarin speaking, I even have trouble understanding him sometimes. lol! If you still need 1, I can ask if he's available. :)

Renovation Log :

7 Feb 2012

Renovation started and kitchen base constructed.

15 Feb 2012

1)False ceiling in living room up

2) Living rm feature wall prepared and waiting for craftstones to be fixed up

3) Aircons for 3 bedrooms done

4) MBR shower kerb up

5) MBR WIW skeleton constructed

6) Hob, Hood, Heater all delivered and waiting to be fixed

7) lighting points in rooms all up

15Feb12.jpg

Pardon my laziness to post different pics, so I have montaged them all into one!

Can't wait for more stuff to be completed!! :yamseng: