Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jopej

H.o.m.e. @ Serangoon North

Hi there, dun worry abt the KDK fan height clearance lah...If you go into details, then only the KDK baby fan is approved in hdb flats. I got this in for from the KDK head office.

I installed in my false ceiling as well! Juz ask yr contractor to add wood inside false ceiling for security. It will b a little low if put on false ceiling but it's not dangerous if u seen the actual fan. It's juz look like masak fan to me leh...

I did not have wobbly fan or installation issues. In fact, it's the skill of the installer.

By the way, my sons are already 1.7m at the age if 13 n I find that they will reach 1.8m in a few years so it's quite alright.

Ceiling fans r great!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My kitchen glass backing is finally put up...

c7c27a63.jpg

My dining area, if only the table top is clear glass... this will be perfect..

da3b5f0d.jpg

My vase and curtain

e624cbc7.jpg

My MBR toilet with a poster with frame

adf8112e.jpg

Edited by jopej

Hi. We have also purchased Serangoon North Ave 1 resale flat, and your house floor plan is exactly the same as ours. We were very headache about how to renovate our house without using ID, but to only engage a contractor. We intend to renovate next year, after Chinese New Year. We have similiar ideas as yours, but was not sure if it is workable until we saw your house layout, we are sure the ideas will work out perfectly well for our house.

Jopej, congrats on your completion. Your place looks really lovely and beautiful :)

Edited by potatoes

Hi. We have also purchased Serangoon North Ave 1 resale flat, and your house floor plan is exactly the same as ours. We were very headache about how to renovate our house without using ID, but to only engage a contractor. We intend to renovate next year, after Chinese New Year. We have similiar ideas as yours, but was not sure if it is workable until we saw your house layout, we are sure the ideas will work out perfectly well for our house.

Ayazumi, Welcome to the Serangoon N neighbourhood. I have also moved in here a mth ago. A very nice and quiet place with lots of nice food too!

Edited by potatoes

Thanks potatoes. I agree that this place is really gd n convenient.

Hi Ayazuni,

Welcome to the neighborhood. Wish u a smooth journey in renovation. This is the perfect forum to guide us to our perfect home.

Hi Terence,

You r rite abt the maintenance problem. But I like it too much tat I m willing to overlook it for the time being. Hahaha.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Actually I have been staying in Serangoon North since I was born. We got the flat near my parents and also I'm used to staying that area. We are so looking forward to moving in our new home, but sourcing for the right contractor to do the renovation is not easy too.

Edited by ayazumi

haha yeah...the tiles is nice to see but hard to maintain hehe :sport-smiley-004:

Do notice your glass fixed panel do not come with swing door?

I'm thinking should i get a swing door as my MBR toilet is extremely cramp zz

Hi Terence,

I cannot hav a full show screen with swing door. My toilet is already extremely cramp. I can only hav a glass panel to block shower water fr wetting the toilet bowl, which is my only concern. As for the toilet floor, you can hav a slight difference in floor level, this will help to prevent the floor at toilet bowl to be too wet. :-)

Hi jopej,

Thanks for the wonderful sharing. I just bought a resale flat in serangoon north and will be getting my key on 3rd week of Dec. At first I was thinking of getting ID for renovation, but after reading through your thread, I'm now seriously thinking of getting contractor as it's cheaper and I can be totally involved in the whole process. I can see that you have to go through so much trouble/work to get things done, but it will be quite satisfying after all the things are done.

Hi jopej,

Thanks for the wonderful sharing. I just bought a resale flat in serangoon north and will be getting my key on 3rd week of Dec. At first I was thinking of getting ID for renovation, but after reading through your thread, I'm now seriously thinking of getting contractor as it's cheaper and I can be totally involved in the whole process. I can see that you have to go through so much trouble/work to get things done, but it will be quite satisfying after all the things are done.

Another member in Serangoon N?

Welcome to the neighborhood. To me, an ID is pretty much the same as a contractor apart from value added services like 3D drawings and cordinating all reno activities when u r too busy to monitor. If u don't mind, I can recommend my ID. He does quite lot of things for me at contractor pricing :)