Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
montblanc

Cement Walls

Hi, my hse is undergoing reno now but we have one big problem.

my hubby and I are going for the industrial loft look, which is open concept (all walls knocked down) and cement screed all the way (with exception of toilets)

the kitchen originally had half height wall tiles, so they were knocked off and my contractor cement-screeded it, looks good and we like it.

however, for the living room, it's just normal plain paint on the original hollow blocks (old hdb flat kind). we want it to be the same as the kitchen but my contractor said that it's not possible to 'paint' cement on the walls as they are too smooth and if we really 'painted' the cement on, it will crack and fall off after some time.

anyone had any experience in painting the whole wall cement/cement-like finish? any alternatives we can use or anyone knows any contractors who knows how to do this?

thanks!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I also have a similar problem, my contractor says not possible to do cement screed on my living room and bedroom walls because it has been sandblast coated. (not sure of the terms, but my wall has little bumps on them). anyone has this experience before? was told the cement walls will fall off if i insist on cement screeding the walls.

I also have a similar problem, my contractor says not possible to do cement screed on my living room and bedroom walls because it has been sandblast coated. (not sure of the terms, but my wall has little bumps on them). anyone has this experience before? was told the cement walls will fall off if i insist on cement screeding the walls.

Youll have to superficially hack the rock-spray wall finish and prepare it for cement leveling, otherwise it wont cling on your walls for long

Well, the overall cost to either smoothen or hack away the rock-spray wall + cement screening the walls is WAY above plastering and painting...guess I will go for the cheaper option for now. :(