Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Terencetcw

J&t Love Haven

Bought switches today

Was quite a satisfied journey of learning the all different kinds of switches in the market.

why do you have to buy switches? doesn't your electrician provide for them? Mine was provided, the same as yours, "Schneider" brand

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

@yeese,

Yeah i was surprise when i saw your floor plan and the measurement more a less the same haha :P

I did quite a lot of stuff...total...i think <35K hehe (i not sure is this consider cheap or exp tho) but definitely cheaper than my ID quoted me (That i drop them off) :thumbs up:

Workmanship and quality wise is good...

yet to see the carpentry which is going to be completed by this weekend hehe :sport-smiley-003:

@May_dream1 & ayazumi ,

Long story...my electrician quoted me S$300 for the whole house switches which will be the normal switches. And I opt out and get it myself.

All my house single socket will be replace by double point which is only S$45...so i think is ok right? :unsure:

Hi Terence,

Saw your post about the HTS in the audio thread. Mind telling me how is the Yamaha system you bought?

Can PM the price and where you bought it from?

I'm still looking for my entry level HTS..hehehe

@May_dream1 & ayazumi ,

Long story...my electrician quoted me S$300 for the whole house switches which will be the normal switches. And I opt out and get it myself.

All my house single socket will be replace by double point which is only S$45...so i think is ok right? :unsure:

since your electrician charging you extra for switches, then no choice lah. normally its all incl but i don't know why yours need to charge extra.

I was very curious why many home owners here buy their own switches. I thought it is a must, like buying toilet bowls, sink, etc. So I asked my contractor where to buy switches. He told me my electrician should have packaged the price of rewiring + switches together, don't need to buy switches out of my own pocket, which can save at least $300. I asked my electrician if the price quoted is inclusive of switches, he said yes, and there are a few types of switches for me to choose.

I think the price can be slightly lesser. Last time I worked in cabling company.

@IPineapple,

hehe glad to hear that you a fan of Yammie hehe.

Is a pretty good Receiver compare to others.

Will PM you when im back.

May need to know your budget and configurations too.

4 new releases for Yammie receiver.

@May_dream1,

I also dono y he charges me the switches for $300..

but his new lighting point is only $30 inclusive of installation downlights (others are charging $30+ $10 or $28+ $8)

Single socket upgraded to double socket only $45

So he added $300 for switches...

@rocksteady,

Yeah~ even other electrician quoted me separately for Clipsal NEO series (Which is more than $21 :rolleyes: )

@ayazumi,

Act orr....

His price maybe slightly cheaper than other quote i get it from others.

but, he is taking his sweet time to do his work tho'

Well lets see how it goes.

Single Socket normally = S$45

Double Socket normally = S$55

New point = S$30

Install lights = S$10 or $8

Since mine is slightly lesser then that.. well cant say much now....else i feel sad. zz

Edited by Terencetcw

Next will be the curtains selection hehe

I wonder mixed and match the colours?

Flower design/ Plain design?

Do you require "day" layer? Since most of the time my place does not have noon sun.

quoted 5 sets for $700 at lavender but the material seems low....

Free installation and material ~ :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, what material should i go for? (Prefer something average~ )

Next will be the curtains selection hehe

I wonder mixed and match the colours?

Flower design/ Plain design?

Do you require "day" layer? Since most of the time my place does not have noon sun.

quoted 5 sets for $700 at lavender but the material seems low....

Free installation and material ~ :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, what material should i go for? (Prefer something average~ )

5 sets for $700? cheap leh.... mine was nearly 1900 for 4 set of windows only....

i can't remember how much i paid for my electrian... so i can't say $30 for lighting point plus installation is ok or not. as long as you think its ok, then its ok loh.... don't stress over the small thing. :yamseng:

haha yeah May_dream1,

dont stress over things.

I been keep on thinking is he too exp or too cheap? :P

Anyway, yeah~ the curtains is pretty cheap, material also quite cheapo (like transparent)

quoted 5 sets without day only $700~ good hor..but design is very old fashion (done by old uncle/auntie)

:rolleyes:

S$1900 omg...out of my budget liow~ all comes with "day n night"?

haha yeah May_dream1,

dont stress over things.

I been keep on thinking is he too exp or too cheap? :P

Anyway, yeah~ the curtains is pretty cheap, material also quite cheapo (like transparent)

quoted 5 sets without day only $700~ good hor..but design is very old fashion (done by old uncle/auntie)

:rolleyes:

S$1900 omg...out of my budget liow~ all comes with "day n night"?

i also didn't know that curtains can cost so much..... not all come with day and night leh... only the one in bedrooms have day and night but those **** room and my WIW do not have.... should have done it in malaysia. next time will get the measurement and go back malaysia to do it.

Okie got a quote~

5 set curtains quoted at $1147 hmm...

I wonder is it a good price? as i do not know what figure am looking at. :unsure:

Which quality to go for?

1) Cotton

2) Rayon

3) Polyster

Below is Polyster $25/m

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

Edited by Terencetcw