Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Terencetcw

J&t Love Haven

@ayazumi,

Yeah no harm go down window shopping n get a quote :)

Remember to measure all your windows before u head down as they r able to give u 90% accurate quote.

Look fr may it seems she's more patient and hardworking showing tons of frabic and different design of curtains/ blinds and even Nippon or ICI 2011 catalog to match your curtains :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Goldenleaf has fabric $9.50/m, their quote cheaper than mgl. But the cheapest shld b the serangoon uncle :)

@ayazumi,

Yeah no harm go down window shopping n get a quote :)

Remember to measure all your windows before u head down as they r able to give u 90% accurate quote.

Look fr may it seems she's more patient and hardworking showing tons of frabic and different design of curtains/ blinds and even Nippon or ICI 2011 catalog to match your curtains :D

Oh, that is great. I still cannot make up my mind what colour paints to choose for the walls. Now I can choose the wall colours and curtains at same time.

@ayazumi,

yeap...my Nippon paint is there too hehe

so i May put it side by side for me to choose the matching colours~ :D

@aqua

Uhh S$9.5/m that is very cheap..how is the material like? the smooth or the rough type?

I did try to touch on some cheaper materials but is not those blackout material...

Actually, too many varieties also make u headache :P

Mgl cheapest fabris is $18-20,other plc had cheaper fabric but u got to choose slowly :)

The serangoon one hac alot of nice fabric but i duno hw much coz the boss giv a package which is cheapest among 3.

Alamak we should start a curtains threat

If the same 'feel' of the fabric can get much cheaper cost then I save save more hehe

Maybe enough to buy airfryer hehe

Too late to think back liow.. But at least I'm happy with the services unpaid for la :P and is the cheapest among others

(I mean second cheapest to be precise)

Yes, mgl has many nice fabric i m sure u met the rite pax who serve u, i was attended by a guy who nt keen do my biz n anyhoe serve me. Tht y i left after 10 min.

Ohh I saw a chubby guy and a chubby gal n May hehe

(the guy doenst seem energetic)

Before Visiting MGL, I called up to check do they open on sun the lady who pick up the phone seems very rushing

Lady: ya open, from 12 to 6 ok bye

Me: I was like Emm ok give it a shoot n see how good are they

Sun reach Eminent Plaza

Saw a chubby lady in the bus with us standing just right infront of us. Then when we alight at the bus stop, Ohh MGL is just right infront so I happily went there and it was close and guess what, the chubby gal on the bus it was her opening the door but she saw us standing behind her looking at the curtains but she did not wish us or greet us (we may be one of their potential buyer)

Well I mess up the timing I thought ithey are open at 11am so went for lunch at lavender hawker centre grab a bowl of famous prawn noodles yummy

Then I went back at 12pm and the signage still closed. Stood there and look at the curtains and 'May' spotted us and invited us to get in but the chubby gal just ignore us (maybe she think we can't afford to buy)

Well talk to May for 5 mins she start moving fast , phew she went off showing this sound proof material, this is blind this is our latest design and eventually the trend 'timber blind' but she told me is exp and hard to maintain.

Very efficient, Im quite fussy but tolerable she manage to mixed and match the material and provide her professional feedback on the matching and cleaning advise.

Ohh and she even tell us the blind comes with this design and the one that they displayed is old and outdated.

Ding dong here n there finally meet our budget (act we do not know what's our budget:p but we want nice and cheapi)

But I always tell myself, u can't get the cheapest stuff among other competitors. If u feel comfortable and service is good I wouldn't mind paying 'slightly' extra for my purchase.

Just my 2 cents :D

Happy shopping gals!!!

Wow never know timber blind charge per sqm is like buying tiles :)

Thank god this idea didn't came to me as I alwiz fancy about nice curtains :D

Hows the maintanence or this? How do u clean it? Take it out each panel and wipe and place it back to the 'string' Ohh that's scary to ruin the outlook....

I saw MGL got this pully mechanism like its remote control seems good leh :)

Ya timber blind is more ex, probably becos they r using wood or PVC. But I feel maybe becos they can only earn ur money once for one window so they try to earn more hahaha.. Cos u do not need to make extra set to change for washing etc.

Cleaning I think is not so tough, just wipe or vacuum. No need to remove each panel.

For me I choose timber blind becos of the look and no need to wash so many curtains or make extra curtains. Me plain lazy la.. Cos my windows at least 3 quarter height so the thought of washing 4 sets of big curtains really put me off.. :)

@aqua,

Yeah, resale... Cant wait for BTO :(

Moving in today yay!!! :D

But lots of thing to clear

Finial electrician wiring

Reno touch up n some fixing (renondelayed for a week liow)

Helping hands coming in 3 hours time :) let's see how good istheir service ...

@IPineapple,

I wouldn't recommand you may electrician.

Pros:

1) Slightly cheaper than other quotes I get

Cons:

1) Slow as he talking his sweet time

2) he love to show us his expression that's he 'stressful'doing our points

E.g I bought clipsal 4 Gang and require to loop which means more wires are inserted into the switch thus he's having a hard time inserting without causing short-circuit .

3) always comes in the noon

4) never update owner on the progress

5) and worst case I'm as the owner got to buy extra switches and door bell for him! I was told he will buy and install for us but when I call him up.. Hey did u bought the door bell... N he said no I haven, and I was like he got to handover by today so I snake out from office to get a door bell and some extra switches for him.. Last night went for fr spot check.. And I have shortage of 2 more switches again hmm .. He is goin get it from me after meeting him latter

Contractor is good but not electrician guess many ppl face the other way

Good bless hope I have a peaceful move in experience ..:)

Ohh ya folks,

Does charging $20 for door bell inclusive of door bell or just based on having new point?

I'm having a new door bell point.

His quote did not state supply and install, just door bell for $20. But I ask him to provide door bell he say ok

And now I purchase my own door bell ($19 from CCM) can I ask him to charge labour only? ($8 for installation right) But my door bell is a new point and he promise me to get a door bell for me.

I know is just a small issue, but the main thing I want him to know we r paying him his pay cheque and the owners are not easily bullied by him