Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Wymark

Sofa Upholstery - For Ikea 2.5 Seater Model

I am trying to fix my IKEA Sater 2.5 seater sofa (bought from IKEA about 5 yrs ago for $600++). Does anyone know of tailor/carpenter that can provide cheaper fix ranging about $150 to $200? I think leather can be expensive and therefore I don't mind a fabric cover.

This is the original sofa picture: sater--seat-sofa__0119787_PE276233_S4.JPG

I probably has applied the wrong cleaner onto the PVC leather surface. As a result, the surface start peeling off from 2 years ago. It is in a very sorry state now. However, I find it quite wasteful to throw it away and have been trying to get ways to fix it.

1. Back View

P63915100.jpg

2. Front View

P63915601.jpg

I got a quotation form $390 onwards, which I think it is not worth pursuing.

Re : re-upholstery for your the model (2.5 seater) Sofa

We estimate offer :S$390 to 750.-

This include transport t ( to & thro ), material workmanship & All of the taxes.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Quite bad shape from the photo but hope u don mind me saying this.. Actually if u were to pay $390-750 I rather u pay abit more for a new sofa and of course not from Ikea anymore..

Thanks. Yes, the quoted price is definately too high for my $600 sofa :jawdrop:

Actually this piece of IKEA sofa is not bad, the seat is still comfortable despite the age. The only regret is that I didn't get a full leather one. The problematic surface are all from the PVC synthetic leather.

Quite bad shape from the photo but hope u don mind me saying this.. Actually if u were to pay $390-750 I rather u pay abit more for a new sofa and of course not from Ikea anymore..

Edited by Wymark

I wonder if we can get custom slip cover done instead....I've look for 1 from the net, but age never got back....:(

I am trying to fix my IKEA Sater 2.5 seater sofa (bought from IKEA about 5 yrs ago for $600++). Does anyone know of tailor/carpenter that can provide cheaper fix ranging about $150 to $200? I think leather can be expensive and therefore I don't mind a fabric cover.

This is the original sofa picture: sater--seat-sofa__0119787_PE276233_S4.JPG

I probably has applied the wrong cleaner onto the PVC leather surface. As a result, the surface start peeling off from 2 years ago. It is in a very sorry state now. However, I find it quite wasteful to throw it away and have been trying to get ways to fix it.

1. Back View

P63915100.jpg

2. Front View

P63915601.jpg

I got a quotation form $390 onwards, which I think it is not worth pursuing.

Get a new sofa. Upholstery will cost more than the sofa. You got 3 good years for $600, already very good value for money. The current state of the sofa has nothing to do with maintenance PVC will look like this after 5 years.