Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
musingaway

Is Castilla A Reputable/reliable Brand For Sofas?

Even professionals sometimes can't accurately classify the quality standards with their bare hands, so it's not just you or me. That is why now we buy only from one manufacturer which gets their leather supplied from reputable Italian tanneries which are IQAI.

As you can see, i am quite particular about warranties with regards to leather sofa sets. If a Top Grain leather sofa set sells for less then 3k (L-shape), i wonder how the company can survive with the cost of doing business in Singapore. Factor in, the 5 year warranty for wear and tear too, as some say, too good to be true. That is why i said, what are the terms & conditions for the leather warranty. Well, we know now that EL covers it, i wish them and their customers well.

So if you do not get the warranty from Castilla, buy EL. Just hope they are still around as long as Castilla has.

I already bought my sofa set before I started the thread, it was just doubts and a lack of knowledge and experience that prompted me to ask forumers for a second opinion... My warranty from Castilla Design covers 1-year on structure only... sigh!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just bought a single seater recliner from Arte this afternoon. The showroom piece was indeed Full Top Grain of a very high quality. I ordered the Full Full Grain Semi Aniline Cowhide Leather and they were more than happy to write this full description down in the Invoice. Lets' see if what they finally deliver to me is really Full Full Grain Semi Aniline Cowhide Leather :dunno:

Dave, on their website it is stated "Genuine Bovine Leather", but they are willing to write "Cowhide leather" for you? Does this mean their leathers are all from cows? In that case, I wonder why they don't state on their website... just curious.

Dave, on their website it is stated "Genuine Bovine Leather", but they are willing to write "Cowhide leather" for you? Does this mean their leathers are all from cows? In that case, I wonder why they don't state on their website... just curious.

I don't think all their hides are from cows and that is the reason why it is stated as Bovine. They can confidently state Full Grain Semi Aniline Cowhide leather on my invoice because they know I will not be cutting off a sample from my recliner just to send it for a lab test.

I don't think all their hides are from cows and that is the reason why it is stated as Bovine. They can confidently state Full Grain Semi Aniline Cowhide leather on my invoice because they know I will not be cutting off a sample from my recliner just to send it for a lab test.

Hahahahaha!! Yeah, this one does seem a bit weird, if I were the boss I would state Cowhide clearly on the website. Well, you got a good deal for yours, hope it's a good set delivered! So far from your description it seems ok.

Hahahahaha!! Yeah, this one does seem a bit weird, if I were the boss I would state Cowhide clearly on the website. Well, you got a good deal for yours, hope it's a good set delivered! So far from your description it seems ok.

If I were the Arte boss, I would not state Cowhide if I know some of my hides are not from cows. We shall see if what they deliver to me is what I am supposed to be getting but it better be a good set or else I will have lots of things to say about them in here. :no:

If I were the Arte boss, I would not state Cowhide if I know some of my hides are not from cows. We shall see if what they deliver to me is what I am supposed to be getting but it better be a good set or else I will have lots of things to say about them in here. :no:

Hey is your item delivered? How is it?

Hey is your item delivered? How is it?

My leather recliner was delivered to me on 8 Dec as promised by A.rte Sofa. Delivery was punctual and the recliner was delivered in mint condition as it was well wrapped up and protected. I don't think it is FULL Full Grain Cowhide Leather but nevertheless, it is a good quality FULL Top Grain Cowhide Leather so I am not going to make a big issue out of it. I cannot find any fault with it yet but if I do find any, I will certainly post it here.

Edited by Daveyap

My leather recliner was delivered to me on 8 Dec as promised by A.rte Sofa. Delivery was punctual and the recliner was delivered in mint condition as it was well wrapped up and protected. I don't think it is FULL Full Grain Cowhide Leather but nevertheless, it is a good quality FULL Top Grain Cowhide Leather so I am not going to make a big issue out of it. I cannot find any fault with it yet but if I do find any, I will certainly post it here.

I will be making my way down to their Arte showroom at kallang for a 3Seater Full BOVINE LEATHER sofa, how much should be the price range about?

I will be making my way down to their Arte showroom at kallang for a 3Seater Full BOVINE LEATHER sofa, how much should be the price range about?

I have no idea what the price range is for a 3 seater as I was only interested in their recliner which I bought at $1,100. The price that I paid for the recliner is not exactly cheap but it is the only recliner that I found so far that can fit into my limited living room space.

I have no idea what the price range is for a 3 seater as I was only interested in their recliner which I bought at $1,100. The price that I paid for the recliner is not exactly cheap but it is the only recliner that I found so far that can fit into my limited living room space.

I been to their showroom at kallang, kind of interested in the 3 Seater Recliner sofa. U also saw that right? what u think of it?

I been to their showroom at kallang, kind of interested in the 3 Seater Recliner sofa. U also saw that right? what u think of it?

To be frank, their design is not that impressive but the quality of the leather used for their sofa is remarkably better than the rest of the furniture retailers out there. I am still wondering how come they are able to sell their full leather sofa at such prices and I can only suspect that the leather used may be the cheaper Buffalo hide.

To be frank, their design is not that impressive but the quality of the leather used for their sofa is remarkably better than the rest of the furniture retailers out there. I am still wondering how come they are able to sell their full leather sofa at such prices and I can only suspect that the leather used may be the cheaper Buffalo hide.

Just an update, been using the A.rte leather recliner for 2 weeks now. My wife seems to be enjoying the recliner on a daily basis. Not able to post a photo of the recliner here because my camera is busted. Seems every customer of A.rte Sofa has had a positive experience with them, myself included. Now pondering if I should do a custom design round sofa with them as their sofa leather quality is acceptable to me.

just now i went to castila at bukit timah

reference to sofa only. Castila premium standard really drop. Last time used to carry reputatble sofas. Now go there, diaappointment. Very limited selection. They willing to drop price by at least 20-30%. I ask about full cow hide (they did told me it is also full cow hide leather). Only one or two pieces for selection. The rest -can give it a miss.

Honestly i now wait for Da Vinci (under renovation)

Not that i m there to buy sofas, but want to see their standard maintain and can consider buying for my parents as well.

just now i went to castila at bukit timah

reference to sofa only. Castila premium standard really drop. Last time used to carry reputatble sofas. Now go there, diaappointment. Very limited selection. They willing to drop price by at least 20-30%. I ask about full cow hide (they did told me it is also full cow hide leather). Only one or two pieces for selection. The rest -can give it a miss.

Honestly i now wait for Da Vinci (under renovation)

Not that i m there to buy sofas, but want to see their standard maintain and can consider buying for my parents as well.

They dropped their standards because they were forced to drop their prices to compete with a lot of cheap imports from China and Malaysia. Their display sets are usually of quite good quality leathers and they give good discounts to clear them so it is worth considering if you don't mind the fact that hundreds of people have sat on them.