Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
airconlin

Do We Need Two Isolators For Two Air-Con Systems?

My new 5-room flat has total 40 Amps Main Switch.

If we install two inverter airconditioner systems, one is sys 4 (running current 11.11A), the other is sys 1 (running current 3.3A), the total current is under 15 Amp, can we link both system to the HDB single 20Amp Isolator in the air-con ledge?

Or we need an electrician to install an additonal isolator, each system get a dedicated isolator?

Someone told me each system may need one, but I check HDB Guidelines for Air-Conditioners Installation Works, cannot find this rule:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/HomeRenoGuidelinesAirCon?OpenDocument

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I would install a seperate isolator unit.

An isolator is used to isolate a particular equipment. If you were to connect 2 condensors to 1 isolator, then the initial purpose of installing the isolator is defeated. I'm not sure if HDB says anything about this. You might find something under the electrical standards in Singapore.

For purpose of maintenance or possible breakdowns, have 2 isolators. If one breaksdown, then you can switch off one, while the other continues running.

Edited by travelpac

yes you do...

it's easier for maintainence and safety....

My new 5-room flat has total 40 Amps Main Switch.

If we install two inverter airconditioner systems, one is sys 4 (running current 11.11A), the other is sys 1 (running current 3.3A), the total current is under 15 Amp, can we link both system to the HDB single 20Amp Isolator in the air-con ledge?

Or we need an electrician to install an additonal isolator, each system get a dedicated isolator?

Someone told me each system may need one, but I check HDB Guidelines for Air-Conditioners Installation Works, cannot find this rule:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/HomeRenoGuidelinesAirCon?OpenDocument