Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mery

Going The Extra Mile In Service

In here, I would like to share my experience of using a good ID House's service.

Hope that this will benefit many people, especially first-timer.

I shall not disclose which ID House in this post.

PM me if you wish to find out more.

You may wonder how come I am so detail.

The answer is that I detailed everything down on the diary which is updated every day together with my dearest wife.

This is a diary dictated every detail since the first day we date. (Guys, this will melt your lady’s heart!)

Below is quoted from our diary.

Honestly, the showroom appearance wasn’t exactly the “WOW” kind of showroom.

After about 5 minutes, a staff approached us and he is Adrian.

He noted down every details of what we are looking for and our expectations.

With the photocopy of our floor plan of our 5 room resale, he began drawing down a rough idea of what our imagination is.

After a while, he begins to explain to us on the advantages and disadvantages of our ideas.

Without Adrian knowing, this was not exactly pleasing to my wife as she felt a bit offended, thinking he is criticizing our innovations.

However, right at this point, he began to incorporate his experience and knowledge into our ideas in order to help us actualize our idea in the practical way.

Also, at this point, he starts to ask things a lot of questions like are we planning for kids, any pets, and any old folks,

and how often we cook, and are we very fengshi inclined, etc.

Before we leaves, he mention that he will prepare a quotation for us and within this period of time,

he will modify the rough idea drawing and space planning to make it more practical to our lifestyle and be as unique as possible.

Of course, we actually also went to other ID Houses with the similar approach after this session.

Honestly there were a few other “not bad” ones.

However, we found out something other ID houses are lack of.

It is the personal touch which links our lifestyle to the design and space planning.

After all the sourcing and visiting, we actually received a number of quotations and drawings from several ID houses we visited.

With all these, we seek many advises and opinions from our friends, colleagues, relatives and families.

The survey actually place Adrian’s ID House among the top three choices.

Finally, me and my dearest wife decided pick Adrian to renovate our love nest.

However, to protect their rights, I can only disclose the quotation is around SGD$47,000.

After signing the agreement, Adrian proposed to us a good variety of materials and colours.

One of the designers also met us on our shopping trips for lightings, furniture, sinks, taps, etc.

With his ideas and suggestions, we really benefitted quite a bit.

Honestly, the entire process of the renovation did come with some small hiccups.

However, Adrian did manage to rectify them with efficient.

Nevertheless, the flow is pretty smooth as we happily moved in as per our intended date.

We are especially pleased with Adrian’s services and professionalism.

Before ending this posting, I would also like to highlight that the workmanship for both the flooring and carpentry were very good and skilled.

As a matter fact, the finished job looks better than the one they drawn and presented to us.

Adrian and Company, thank you and keep out the good work!

Hi, can pm me his detail. thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
In here, I would like to share my experience of using a good ID House's service.

Hope that this will benefit many people, especially first-timer.

I shall not disclose which ID House in this post.

PM me if you wish to find out more.

You may wonder how come I am so detail.

The answer is that I detailed everything down on the diary which is updated every day together with my dearest wife.

This is a diary dictated every detail since the first day we date. (Guys, this will melt your lady's heart!)

Below is quoted from our diary.

Honestly, the showroom appearance wasn't exactly the "WOW" kind of showroom.

After about 5 minutes, a staff approached us and he is Adrian.

He noted down every details of what we are looking for and our expectations.

With the photocopy of our floor plan of our 5 room resale, he began drawing down a rough idea of what our imagination is.

After a while, he begins to explain to us on the advantages and disadvantages of our ideas.

Without Adrian knowing, this was not exactly pleasing to my wife as she felt a bit offended, thinking he is criticizing our innovations.

However, right at this point, he began to incorporate his experience and knowledge into our ideas in order to help us actualize our idea in the practical way.

Also, at this point, he starts to ask things a lot of questions like are we planning for kids, any pets, and any old folks,

and how often we cook, and are we very fengshi inclined, etc.

Before we leaves, he mention that he will prepare a quotation for us and within this period of time,

he will modify the rough idea drawing and space planning to make it more practical to our lifestyle and be as unique as possible.

Of course, we actually also went to other ID Houses with the similar approach after this session.

Honestly there were a few other "not bad" ones.

However, we found out something other ID houses are lack of.

It is the personal touch which links our lifestyle to the design and space planning.

After all the sourcing and visiting, we actually received a number of quotations and drawings from several ID houses we visited.

With all these, we seek many advises and opinions from our friends, colleagues, relatives and families.

The survey actually place Adrian's ID House among the top three choices.

Finally, me and my dearest wife decided pick Adrian to renovate our love nest.

However, to protect their rights, I can only disclose the quotation is around SGD$47,000.

After signing the agreement, Adrian proposed to us a good variety of materials and colours.

One of the designers also met us on our shopping trips for lightings, furniture, sinks, taps, etc.

With his ideas and suggestions, we really benefitted quite a bit.

Honestly, the entire process of the renovation did come with some small hiccups.

However, Adrian did manage to rectify them with efficient.

Nevertheless, the flow is pretty smooth as we happily moved in as per our intended date.

We are especially pleased with Adrian's services and professionalism.

Before ending this posting, I would also like to highlight that the workmanship for both the flooring and carpentry were very good and skilled.

As a matter fact, the finished job looks better than the one they drawn and presented to us.

Adrian and Company, thank you and keep out the good work!

Post your reno pics so as other able to see the works...don't like what u did in another forum.....posted and wait for ppl to PM u, ask u post pics u keep quiet or MIA.

GirlsRoom-1.jpg

Girlsroom.jpg

Hope all these photo can clear all the doubts.

Credit to Adrian of CJ Ambience Pte Ltd

Thanks you...hope u don't mind...cos in renotalk, there are just too many forumers saying their contractors how good and cheap but when asked them to see their work...all just MIA and never post again...just waiting for ppl to PM them. To the newbies, a pic did speak a thousand words... :yamseng: Nice house u got...it a 3rm rite?

Check out my blog. If you like what you see, contact my id for a free consultation: three-d conceptwerke

QUOTE (cwlow88 @ Sep 13 2007, 07:43 PM)

Usually you would think that the reno companies that advertise big, or have the best promotions, or the best visibility are the best.

My experience from Summit Design in May and June of this year has been great! We found out about them from an Expo at Changi. My wife and I had a few companies come and visit our condo on Grange Road. Summit Design provided the most professional, value priced reno and best follow up of all.

Our experience from the time they started reno till the end, and even their after reno service has been great! Sure there are some problems along the way, but my project manager William and his boss Victor always provided an empathetic, professional approach. Their positive attitude and good follow up made our experience better.

I am pleased to say our home looks great and my wife and I are very happy. If I had another home to renovate, I would not hesitate to go back to them.

Sincerely,

Low Chee Wee

HI guys,

When i came to tis forum and view all forumers topics i saw Summit Design upload by cwlow88 and im agreed wif him cos i recently sign up wif Summit Design and engaged Ben as my id, he's a nice chap wif good attitude n fast respond, most impotant things is tat he hlp me to save cost la... As u guys knows ba.. times are so bad now we need to thighten our belt n sure abt everyone hv thier own budget rite? But Ben is so considerate, when i hv my 2nd appt wif him to recieve my quotation n its unbeliveable.. for the same item n same design wif other few id which i visited, i hv save almost up to 2k ! He really really hlp me alot by saving abt 2k!! Im appreciate to Ben as he is different frm other id which he never push sales to customer, he wil listen carefully to yr needs n proposed to u n hlp u save cost. Since im so lucky to met up wif Ben, me of course will hv to share my joys wif all forumers, u guys if wan to reno yr house or still lookin for an id, should try to look for Ben frm Summit Design. Contact him at 98555583. Im sure he can hlp u guys to save$$$$ jus like me ya..!

Cheers...

Can PM William or Ben's contact to me?

Is this William still with Summit Design?

Any good & reliable ID to recommend?

Hi,

I don't have any good & reliable ID to recommend. But, I have an unreliable ID whom I strongly advise against using her services.

We were very disappointed with Amy from Homely Image. Previously, we had read good feedback and comments from others about her. However, we beg to differ now that we have personal experience. I have no malicious intent to badmouth any ID. In fact, I have always made it a point to write letters of compliment to deserving service providers to encourage and make someone's day. So in short, if you are expecting good after-sales service, friendly, prompt and sincere customer service, I hope you can find a more reliable one. Meantime, I have to change and fix my own doorbell, call another contractor to fix my window handle, engage an electrician for the bedroom lights and mend that peeling wallpaint. And it was less than 3 months that the payment was made ; ( Good luck to you.

My reno include all my carpentry works in my living area as i hv load up the pic n wif some piping, window grilles & painting works etc....

Can send me his quotation?

Just had our 2 toilets of our resale flat renovated. Super happy with the service provided by our ID. Before renovation, my hubby and I thought that we would need to set aside some cash for hidden costs and some leave to oversee our renovation. But it turns out that we save our leave, everything run smoothly and there was no hidden cost incurred just some follow ups need to be carried as owner of the house.

We particularly like our ID’s service on:

•Fixing of toilets accessories at no additional cost. (Other ID quoted us $20 per accessory.)

•Replaced fixed wall tiles stained with colors quickly.

•He supervised our house every day during renovation make us feel safe to leave our house with him.

•He is not calculative, we feel at ease talking to him.

•Despite payment is due, he told us not to rush for payment.

•He even offered to give us a new set of dish drainer after he saw ours.

•We requested additional glass door rubber-strip and he brought it to us immediately the next day at no cost.

•He answered our calls despite his off day and did not fail to return our calls if he missed them. His tone is always friendly and sincere. He promised and he did it efficiently.

•It is comfortable talking to him, he never shields away his responsibilities and he listens to our requests.

•He gets all defects remedied very efficiently.

For those who stay around Jurong East, we highly recommend him. Before we engaged him, we surfed on the internet, got lots of quotations, and find it hard to decide which ID will be more professional, sincere, no hidden cost and hassle-free. We chose our ID because he is located at our zone and his quotation is reasonable. We are happy we found him.

Hi Im new here...can u please give me the no & ID coz im stayin in Jurong area...Thanx

beware of posters with a few posts and no pics to show. A lot of phantom members advertising own services

Hi hi... i seldom post coz not really have access to internet very often. however, i woudl like to recommend my ID as i find that he deserve to be recommended.

here is my story.

I just completed my reno. my ID is very very responsible. i have very very tight budget and wanted to 'maximise' and do as much as possible within my budget as mine was a 26 years old flat.

was indeed very surprised at this ID. He is unlike other ID which i met who will try cut your items to be done and do less things or rather coax you to choose the cheaper material and end up dun care if overall it makes your house look cheapo... he is very patient and willing to tell you the way to cut cost yet do not compromise with the overall feel and design of the house.

this is my 2nd home already and i can tell the huge difference as i have been to most reno firms in singapore. p/s: i will go all out to cut cost so i researched almost 6mth before i engage any contractor.

in the long and short. i am very happy and satisfied with the service which my ID provided. if you are interested in his contact, pls PM me.

i have moved in for 2months already. even when my lightbulb blow, my ID send a electrician to look at it very promptly. and he told me he warrant his services for 2 years for every home he is in charge of. basically i am very impress with this young man's committement and attitude throughout my house reno and after service.

just a brief list of items i have done.

1) tailor made and design grille for windows and main door.

2) hack entire floor and pipes and bathrooms and kitchen. overhaul of the entire house.

3) plaster all walls

4) i paint the walls and ceiling myself.

5) false ceiling whole house.

pls PM me for his contact. will be very glad to share his contacts with all of you who needs a reliable and patient ID.

Hello Everyone,

(Part 2 of 3 on our learning's and recommendations from the renovation process)

As many of you know we recently finished our house renovation. Quite an exercise considering we were very tight on budget, bought a condo where owner didn't let us inspect the place, and my husband travels every week so monitoring was difficult.

As we mentioned in our previous post, we decided to use 2 contractors. 1st Jack (J&S furniture) for all woodwork, 2nd we used Home sweet home renovation (Lina) for all toilet / plumbing / misc. works. This post is to share our good experience of working with Lina. Here is a quick summary:

Good things:

a) Sweet and professional to deal with - very simple in her dealings. Speak to her on phone and you will understand what I mean.

b) No hidden costs - she was transparent in her costing. We did a lot of things with her (basically everything except kitchen and warddrobes). One whole toilet was renovated (whole!) with no hidden surprises. In fact, we kept increasing her work scope as we were happy with her handling of situation

c) Direct engagement with some sub-contractors: Many sub cons are related to her by family, etc. So, she was able to offer a decent price and good service

d) Service, service, service - BEST PART. She is very responsive, returns call every time and is genuine. In fact, my wife and her bonded so well that exchanged baby tips!

e) Very hard working: I have seen her replying to mails at 3AM in the morning. She does work hard for every penny she rightfully earns (And we respect hard work)

This is based on not just experience during renovation but 2 months after it (we finished in january end and this is mid march now)

For example: 2 weeks there was a concealed pipe burst in our toilet. It was so bad that all 6 floors below us were complaining to management. She came down and inspected in a hours notice (good service!). Today, we found the cause was a pipe damage due to a nail going into the pipe by mistake (sheer bad luck!) while putting up mirror. She accepted her responsibility without much debate ( I am super impressed!) and wrote a cheque on the spot to pay for plumber, etc. 600 SGD returned on the spot!! I don't know if I can find any contractor who will do so.

(Please do note that she is not super big contractor with a big showroom or anything - in fact, why pay for someone's showroom - get your cost down ! )

So, guys and girls we highly recommend this god-send contractor. Please do consider us for your contractor works esp. all wet works - tiling, plumbing, etc

You can reach her at:homesweethomerenovation@gmail.com or 9329 9934

(Of course she is HDB registered)

Best of luck!

(Tell her young couple from parc oasis)

Hihi... yea many thanks to my designer Mr J. Tong from Darwin Interior! Overall, he did a fantastic job! As there was a pillar right in the smack of the kitchen, it was so unsightly and he helped to liase with the HDB several times to submit drawings and endorsement. My kitchen looks so much nicer now without that pillar... I almost vomitted blood in talking to the HDB officer who can tell me things like the floor plan you had is wrong etc when my housing got the copy from HDB!

Due to our late working hours, he was always ready to meet us even late at night. There were a few occassions when we had discussions till after midnight and he always carry a smiling face... The cleaner stood us up and my hubby and I had to the final cleaning and Mt J. Tong came down and helped with the chemical washing of the house till 1am... Though there were some little hiccups during the entire process, he was always courteous and tried every means to help us... I had some problems with the lamintate flooring, the tiles and the kitchen hinges. He has been helpful and all are solved peaceully and am now waiting to install the 2 hinges that were spoiled.

He is very responsible, reliable and his service is remarkably excellent! 3 cheers to J. Tong =) =) =)

Hihi... yea many thanks to my designer Mr Jevent Ong from Darwin Interior! Overall, he did a fantastic job! As there was a pillar right in the smack of the kitchen, it was so unsightly and he helped to liase with the HDB several times to submit drawings and endorsement. My kitchen looks so much nicer now without that pillar... I almost vomitted blood in talking to the HDB officer who can tell me things like the floor plan you had is wrong etc when my housing got the copy from HDB!

Due to our late working hours, he was always ready to meet us even late at night. There were a few occassions when we had discussions till after midnight and he always carry a smiling face... The cleaner stood us up and my hubby and I had to the final cleaning and Mt J. Tong came down and helped with the chemical washing of the house till 1am... Though there were some little hiccups during the entire process, he was always courteous and tried every means to help us... I had some problems with the lamintate flooring, the tiles and the kitchen hinges. He has been helpful and all are solved peaceully and am now waiting to install the 2 hinges that were spoiled.

He is very responsible, reliable and his service is remarkably excellent! 3 cheers to Jevent Ong =) =) =)