Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
petetherock

My First Renovation - Mid Century 70S Theme - Help Needed

Hi friends

It's a bit embarrassing, that I only amassed enough $$ to get a place when I now qualify for Eldershield... but anyway, I will embark on a renovation of a "mickey mouse" sized place soon and I hope to post pics in the Blog section.

In the mean time, I hope to get some ideas on where to get certain items I need.

Essentially, I will be going for a 70s/ mid-century retro theme, and will use much of Poul Henningsen, Hans Wegner's design ideas to make a small pad with a nice area for my Home Theatre system.

Right now I am looking for lamps / chairs and other furniture to make this theme a reality.

Can anyone advise on where I can source for these:

In Black if possible, thanks.

- PH5 ceiling lamp (replica - can't afford the real thing...)

300px-PH-Lampan_1.jpg

- Hans Wegner Retro Ceiling lamp:

photo-19.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

well i getting these clocks fm ikea

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/76672980/

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/96755385/

"retro" enuff for me... lol

and i did see the rectangular one (with clock & calandar)in a shop at City Square, JB before.. but if not wrong.. the price tag is RM$199.

Most of the stuff is from Lush.

It's called the Tomoko Bench... should be under $650. But you need to wait two months for delivery...

Edited by petetherock

Very nice! :D

If you don't mind second-hand stuff (i.e. things that probably really are relics from the 70s), you could try Hock Siong - they are second-hand furniture dealers and do have some pretty nice stuff. They deal mostly in furniture from offices and hotels, and some of their stuff is really of good quality and cheap too. In fact, a lot of vintage furniture dealers get their stuff from there, clean up the pieces and sell them at 10 times more to unsuspecting buyers!

I got some very nice Toto toilet fittings (formerly from the Shangri-La, which recently underwent an overhaul and they sold all their old toilet fittings, crockery and some of their old furniture to Hock Siong) from them. Their condition was still excellent (a credit to the very capable chambermaids at the Shangri-La, I'm sure!) and the price very wallet-friendly (a mere fraction of what brand-new Toto toilet fittings would have cost!).

Their furniture is also very sturdy (it was made for hotel use, so it was made to survive countless hours of use and abuse!) but usually a little musty. Nothing a good cleaning and perhaps new upholstery can't fix though... :)