Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
warlock8187

Shower Screen Glass Door Repair

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

Anyone knows who can repair shower screen glass door?

My top hinges came lose after few years of use ...door juz can't align anymore.

Thanks.

Dear Warlock,

It is notoriously difficult to find handyman to fix this kind of problem. Try to catch an ID or glass installer when you see one around your area.

Whatever you do, please don't attempt to fix it yourself. I have seen an installer taking almost an hour to fix the hinge of a new shower screen door that came loose, so it is not easy. More importantly, the glass could be heavy and becomes dangerous when cracked.

Hope these help.

I was quoted $180 including labour to repair one glass door...changing a pair of new hinges. Is this too ex?

Hi warlock8187,

Did you proceed with the repair. Am I right to say that it is the hinges only and our glass door still remains as it is?

Hi

I am looking for someone to repair my shower screen glass sliding door, one of doors seem to have gone off track,but otherwise the glass seems fine. Can someone recommend

I am looking for someone to repair my glass door hinge as well.

I have taken out the hinge to DIY but can't find an exact match. Have searched all around the island.

The holes on similar hinges that I found don't align with the drilled holes.

Will be a pain to drill the holes again. Turning out to be quite painful to fix this problem. The glass door itself is super heavy around 40+kg.

Anyone knows a handyman who can do this work? Have half a mind to dump the glass door and go for something simple.

Only painful to thrown away the 700$ door.