Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hotcake7

My First And Last Experience With V.hive

I had recently brought a two door wardrobe from V.Hive@City Square and I thought is a good buy but it turn out to be one of my worse nightmare!

The wardrobe was delivery 1 November 2011. A week later, white patches start to appear inside the wardrobe, I thought it was dirt. I wiped it clear and the patches appeared another week later and that it when I knew those are not dirt. After checking with some friends, they said it might be moulding. I called the Customer Service and they arranged for their guy to come down on 18 Nov between 4pm to 6pm but no show. I called the Customer Service and arranged for another appointment on 26 Nov and guess what? Yes, no show and no call! Then without any prior call, they happily appeared in my house the very next day at 630pm. By then the white moulding is all over the wardrobe, both inside and outside. I can see patches also get to the inexperience VHive staff. They then cleaned it with some lotio and left the bottle behind for my 'future' use! They commented that their furniture are from 'air-coned' place therefore when placed in non air-con house like mine, there will be mould! How hilarious!

This is my first experience with VHive and will definitely the last and friends, you also better think twice before buying.

Hey, do you know VHive is Super Brand 2011 winner!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

same thing happened and is happening to me...u lucky bought one only. i bought a wardrode and a dressing table and two small cabinet (about hip hight)...

INSIDE OUTSIDE ALL grow those mouldy white patches thingy!!!!

WIpe liao still the same will come back...#$%^#%^$^#...

i think is the wood bah...think cheapo wood all will grow these 'things'...

anyway anyone got remedy pls share!

thanks in advance!

same thing happened and is happening to me...u lucky bought one only. i bought a wardrode and a dressing table and two small cabinet (about hip hight)...

thanks in advance!

was about to purchase a sliding wardrobe from Vhive till i saw this post...Do you mind sharing if its from the sliding door HIT series? Thanks!

I had recently brought a two door wardrobe from V.Hive@City Square and I thought is a good buy but it turn out to be one of my worse nightmare!

The wardrobe was delivery 1 November 2011. A week later, white patches start to appear inside the wardrobe, I thought it was dirt. I wiped it clear and the patches appeared another week later and that it when I knew those are not dirt. After checking with some friends, they said it might be moulding. I called the Customer Service and they arranged for their guy to come down on 18 Nov between 4pm to 6pm but no show. I called the Customer Service and arranged for another appointment on 26 Nov and guess what? Yes, no show and no call! Then without any prior call, they happily appeared in my house the very next day at 630pm. By then the white moulding is all over the wardrobe, both inside and outside. I can see patches also get to the inexperience VHive staff. They then cleaned it with some lotio and left the bottle behind for my 'future' use! They commented that their furniture are from 'air-coned' place therefore when placed in non air-con house like mine, there will be mould! How hilarious!

This is my first experience with VHive and will definitely the last and friends, you also better think twice before buying.

Hey, do you know VHive is Super Brand 2011 winner!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!

I think the varies departments in this furniture shop work independently. Office tell you a afternoon timing, shop tell you same timing, office call you to confirm the timing. Then the delivery guy call you early in the morning and tell you they will come in the next half an hour because they are 'nearby'?!?!?!?!?!?!?! You tell them how come you all work like OTOT (Own Time Own Target), the delivery guy said, you don't complain me, I just work according to schedule nian!!! (Well-prepared or I should said, standard reply????). You tell the delivery guy say no one at home, he said, like that ah, never mind lah, I will put you at last slot, 9pm! Honestly, what is the point of arranging timing when there is no need to follow timing?!?!?!?! Hmmmm, they really think the whole world is circling around them only issit?

V.Hive, you better wake up your ideas!!!!

SPEECHLESS!!!!! SuperBrand?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

was about to purchase a sliding wardrobe from Vhive till i saw this post...Do you mind sharing if its from the sliding door HIT series? Thanks!

No mine isn't the HIT series...but from what i see..and experiencing now...ALL the furni i bought from them start to grow mould...so no confident in getting any more thing from vhive...esp WOOD furni.

SuperBrand?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!for growing moulds i think...

Just an update on my wardrobe. I called up their customer service. Yes, as usual they blamed it on the environment. When I asked y only wardrobe is affected and nothing to the study desk and 3 tier drawer which are currently placed side by side in the same room, bought and delivered at the same time, no answer from the CSO. She said she will call me back but no call since then. Before she put down the call, she informed that there's no warranty for their wardrobes... I wonder if she's hinting that no hope liao and my $699 is gone... With the moulds, I don't really dare to place clothes in it except some bags and docs so it's a white elephant now... Anyway, I have submitted a complaint thru CASE online two days back... Let see how it goes... If the companyhad returned my call and admitted there's problem with their wardrobes.I don't think I will go to CASE... What I can't take it is they blame my house for causing it!!!!!

Edited by friends78

You can go buy PVC sheet from art shop, those with 1 side sticky and comes in different colors or designs... apply some anti-fungal paint, wait for it to dry up then peel off the backing of the PVC sheet to stick over the area, then use a sharp penknife to trim off the extra at all sides.

Viola!

not too sure about CASE. Why not go straight to Small Claims Tribunal? at least I got read stories of pple who succeed in getting something (faulty handset).

thanks in advance!

Maybe try to do a wipe down with dettol, bleach and water.... it should dislodge the mould bonds...

You can go buy PVC sheet from art shop, those with 1 side sticky and comes in different colors or designs... apply some anti-fungal paint, wait for it to dry up then peel off the backing of the PVC sheet to stick over the area, then use a sharp penknife to trim off the extra at all sides.

Viola!

apply anti-fungal paint first and let it dry. den paste pvc sheet? what anti-fungal paint to buy?