Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tom_kkh

Do Not Go Rozal Furniture

Am having problem with my original material selected, delivery date given by hq was not honoured and the salesman **** yay after i have made full payment.

Told the sales staff the material was not the original ones i chosen and he even dare me to cancel and told me no refund.

When i was there, i saw another couple also have problems with their delivered goods. Hope mine is fine.

Beware.

Edited by tom_kkh

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Am having problem with my original material selected, delivery date given by hq was not honoured and the salesman **** yay after i have made full payment.

Told the sales staff the material was not the original ones i chosen and he even dare me to cancel and told me no refund.

When i was there, i saw another couple also have problems with their delivered goods. Hope mine is fine.

Beware.

I went there about 6 weeks ago. Was serviced by a guy, mid 30s, with golden hair. Looks like old beng. At lst was quite friendly, followed us around. Then when he realised we are getting our new flat, he asked us whether we are interested in getting mattress. So we just followed him to the mattress section.

He tried to hard sell us the mattress (cannot really rem the brand, should be sweet dreams). Original pricing is approx 1.9k, he reduced it to 1.5k, then say give us two pillows worth S$ 99 each or $199 each. Cannt really remember.

We told him we will consider, not due to the fact we cannot afford but as its a big item thing, we would really take some time to consider carefully. Then guess what, off he went, and he came back 1 min later, telling us this is one very good deal and he spoken to his supervisor, best price is 1.3k with the same pillow. Wanna us to place a deposit.

I was quite pissed off by then, i told him i will consider as its a big item. He kept on selling the good points of the mattress and when he ran out of words, he asked us what is the price we are looking at? , giving us the impression as if we cannot afford it. I told him straight off that price is NOT and NEVER an issue. I even stressed that if I like that pc of mattress, I dont mind him not giving me a discount and also would immediately purchased it. The issue is that, we would like to have a look at other brands and would not like to commit so fast to such a big purchase item.

Our feel is that, that particular salesman does NOT understand what we need and instead try to force us to purchase the mattress without even understanding what we need. What he feel good does not necessary meant that it is good.

Anyway, the furniture shop beside this Rozel at IMM also belongs to the same boss, however, if u would to walk into this other shop, the service treatment is totally different. The atmosphere is also very very different.

One is for the budget, the other is more high end....

So, imho, just be careful and DO shop around. Dont commit on the spot else u will regret. I never like pushy salesmen, once they pissed me off, i just walk out. Simple as that

I have also bought my furniture from Rozel but the service given to me by this salesperson called Chris is tiptop. Not pushy at all and has the patience to walk with us and explain to us for the 2-3hrs we were there. Quite responsive even after we purchased from him. Items delivered to me were on time and were of the exact ones i ordered.

I had bad experience as well from Rozel at Jurong.

My wife and I went there looking for a bunked with staircase for my kids. Found one which was nice and suitable. The salesperson attending to us seems very nice. We decided to buy one at the cost of $799 and the guy informed us that we can customize the colors with an additional of $100. So me and my wife spent about 45mins deciding and selecting the colors for the bunked and the steps. The colors were really nice. I also bought mattresses for it and another queen bed with storage. After paying deposit, we left.

About half an hour later, I received a call from the sales person asking us to turn back cos apparently, he had showed us the wrong color palette. He said that color palette was from a different supplier. Literally, I was not happy but we turned back. To my disappointment, the color palette he showed was horrible and really unary. You can also see the quality was different. I was angry and unhappy cos we took a long time to decide the colors. I asked my wife to select the colors as I wasn't happy and was thinking of a full refund but my wife said no need. To cut things short, she chose, then we left.

On delivery day, when the bunked was delivered as well as the storage, to my horror, the storage queen bed wasn't able to close properly. The delivery insisted that once you put the mattress, its will be fine. Of course I didn't listen to him cos this means that the storage bed wasn't installed properly or defect. Worse, the bunk bed's steps were in such horrible conditions that the laminates were all peeled off and they tried to spray over it to try and cover up! The drawers at the step can't' be opened properly and to my horror when I removed the drawer, the wood frame was actually cracked and broken! I was really really mad. I called up customer service and insisted an exchange before christmas. They said they will try to repair even though I told them its useless, which when they came a few days later to repair but failed. Their service was poor and the boss Mr Ting I think tried to accommodate to us but it was extremely difficult to get him.

To summarise, these people will be extremely nice to you before you buy and will say everything can be done or customized but the moment payment is done, thats it. You're at their mercy. Worse, till now, when the door and windows of the kid's room are closed, the moment you come in, your nose hurts tremendously and your eyes became watery. Its something, maybe chemicals from the bunked which I do not know how to get rid of.

... Worse, till now, when the door and windows of the kid's room are closed, the moment you come in, your nose hurts tremendously and your eyes became watery. Its something, maybe chemicals from the bunked which I do not know how to get rid of.

That chemical fume is unhealthy and can hurt your child's eyes and respiratory system... you can try open all windows & doors and put all standing fans in your house into that room to fan away the chemical fume or if can, move the whole bunk bed outdoor to sun it.

Anyone can confirm Rozal and Noxx and X'clusxxx is under same group of bosses?

The shop on the right hand side of Rozel (at Jurong), if your back is facing IMM, belongs to the same boss....

Sorry, i forgotten what name is that RHS shop.

i only know that rozal belongs to nova as heard from one of the nova salesperson. I also notice that tv console bought from nova seems to be $100 cheaper than rozal after i went to both showroom last friday

I visited Rozel (at my parents' recommendation, as they had bought sofa and shoe cabinet from them and was expecting delivery in early Dec) in November and was also very put off by their pushy sales person, and when he learnt that I was just there to scout around, his attitude changed totally and I was quickly dismissed. It was a bad experience. I next went into the X'clusive showroom next door, and eventually bought a wardrobe and bed from them. I am surprised to learn that the 2 shops belong to the same owner. Whilst talking to the sales at X'clusive, he obviously showed some disdain about their neighbour's products! Though through him I learnt that X'clusive is part of Nova.

The furniture from X'clusive arrived quite on time, though the bed and wardrobe came on separate deliveries, of which the delivery truck used to deliver my bed was from Rozel. So now I understand why this was so...

Anyway, I want to share my parents' experience with Rozel. It was... disappointing. At the point of installation of the 4-seater sofa, one of the workers cracked the sofa leg (which looks like it is made of plastic), and attempted to tape it with scotch tape and continue the installation. Had my father not seen it happen, the worker would have kept mum! When confronted, the worker said he was temporarily fixing it whilst they return and change the sofa leg another day. Of course my dad would not allow that, and he requested that they return to their warehouse to get the replacement asap. They did, thankfully.

And the shoe cabinet was, according to my mum, a totally different item as compared to what the sales showed my mum. This one had poorer quality, the back of the cabinet was so flimsy and thin, and my mum remembered she was showed a much sturdier cabinet.

My parents called back to complain, was told the sales person was not in, and the guy at the other end of the line grumbled that they received a number of complain calls from customers this same sales person served. Well, shows that there's something wrong with their quality right? I am not going to patronize them again, and now that I know X'clusive is also related to Rozel, I have second thoughts about patronizing X'clusive again as well, though thankfully my wardrobe n bed came in good shape (touch wood).

Edited by aoiphoenix

I visited Rozel (at my parents' recommendation, as they had bought sofa and shoe cabinet from them and was expecting delivery in early Dec) in November and was also very put off by their pushy sales person, and when he learnt that I was just there to scout around, his attitude changed totally and I was quickly dismissed. It was a bad experience. I next went into the X'clusive showroom next door, and eventually bought a wardrobe and bed from them. I am surprised to learn that the 2 shops belong to the same owner. Whilst talking to the sales at X'clusive, he obviously showed some disdain about their neighbour's products! Though through him I learnt that X'clusive is part of Nova.

The furniture from X'clusive arrived quite on time, though the bed and wardrobe came on separate deliveries, of which the delivery truck used to deliver my bed was from Rozel. So now I understand why this was so...

Anyway, I want to share my parents' experience with Rozel. It was... disappointing. At the point of installation of the 4-seater sofa, one of the workers cracked the sofa leg (which looks like it is made of plastic), and attempted to tape it with scotch tape and continue the installation. Had my father not seen it happen, the worker would have kept mum! When confronted, the worker said he was temporarily fixing it whilst they return and change the sofa leg another day. Of course my dad would not allow that, and he requested that they return to their warehouse to get the replacement asap. They did, thankfully.

And the shoe cabinet was, according to my mum, a totally different item as compared to what the sales showed my mum. This one had poorer quality, the back of the cabinet was so flimsy and thin, and my mum remembered she was showed a much sturdier cabinet.

My parents called back to complain, was told the sales person was not in, and the guy at the other end of the line grumbled that they received a number of complain calls from customers this same sales person served. Well, shows that there's something wrong with their quality right? I am not going to patronize them again, and now that I know X'clusive is also related to Rozel, I have second thoughts about patronizing X'clusive again as well, though thankfully my wardrobe n bed came in good shape (touch wood).

Both belonged to the same boss. This is what i learnt from a saleslady in X'clusive. But they do cater to different markets. One is high end (you will get the feel when u entered the X'clusive showroom), one is more to budget like.

Check with u, is the salesman who served ur parents, hair dyed to golden colour? chinese guy in mid to late 40s? i dont really recall his name. But tall (approx. 1.75m) and thin skinny guy. Look like ah beng one? his face quite rough, alot of pimples scars?

U can send complaints / feedback to X'clusive side... if can, shoot up to their top management. I hope the boss of Rozel is reading this... Pushy salesman with poor quality products...is this how they operate and survive in the market?

will only make ur reputation stinko

Me too shop in Rozel behind IMM in late DEC 11 and bought a shoe cabinet and book cabinet.

The sales lady who served us is highly recommeded!Not pushy at all and didn't follow us around but she will pop by once in a while to see if we were interested in anything.

I couldnt find the right shoe cabinet (i need a very "thin" kind) and she also help us check from her catalog and at last we found it (17cm depth only).

Here are something negative.

1) B4 delivery one lady called me in the morning and arrange to send item 12-2pm.Then around evening another lady called me and arrange again item to send during 5-8pm!!!

im thinking WTH i order from the same company and you guys have to split the delivery of just 2 items only into 2 timing???

NVM as long as items delivery and in good condition i dun mind waititng and changing my lunch/dinner timing.

2)Item delivery in the morning was smooth but not so for evening.

The sales lady called me ar 6pm and say they do not have stock for the shoe cabinet!!!i mean wth...waste my time...haizzzz

after that she agreed to refund me in full for it.

Quite a bad experience to shop there actually but im lucky and must frankly admit that this sales person i met is actually quite nice and honest.Thinking of those ppl who met bad sales person like keep delaying your item then after a few more wait then tell you no stock change other item blah blah blah...

Both belonged to the same boss. This is what i learnt from a saleslady in X'clusive. But they do cater to different markets. One is high end (you will get the feel when u entered the X'clusive showroom), one is more to budget like.

Check with u, is the salesman who served ur parents, hair dyed to golden colour? chinese guy in mid to late 40s? i dont really recall his name. But tall (approx. 1.75m) and thin skinny guy. Look like ah beng one? his face quite rough, alot of pimples scars?

U can send complaints / feedback to X'clusive side... if can, shoot up to their top management. I hope the boss of Rozel is reading this... Pushy salesman with poor quality products...is this how they operate and survive in the market?

will only make ur reputation stinko

The guy you described was the salesman who gave me an attitude when I personally went down to shop for furniture. Claimed he's the senior designer...