Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Aristotle

Ez's Humble Abode

You should try and get it. The Sycamore when it's off acts as a beautiful accessory for the ceiling as well.

I've friends looking amazed and wondering what's that when they walk in. Neighbors knocking on my door just to ask about the "mystery black thing on the ceiling". Once, a resident from the opposite block walked over specially just to end his suspicion. The conversation, 90% of the time, ends with " very nice, very unique, but very expensive".

Alternatively, another beautiful fan to look at is the black Haiku at almost 1/2 the price of the Sycamore.

I remember being wowed when I first laid eyes on sycamore - but the owner was complaining that the sycamore fan didn't generate enough wind - it was your review that made me think hard (though I must admit I was easily swayed in this matter as I did want someone to convince me that the sycamore was good cox i really like the design). Me and my SO are people who can sleep at loew fan speeds..so I suppose the sycamore fan would be good enough for us? now it's just the price that's stopping us.. Really appreciate the black haiku recommendation! The design of the fan seems somewhat similar to the feel that the sycamore fan has (save for the additional blade).. and it's great to know that the price is half of sycamore's - definitely something to consider even though i'm still in love with the sycamore fan..

would you know where the black haiku is sold? gotta see it!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi! Nice reno there! Could I have the contacts and quote of this contractor? Looks like he can do good design work.. Is his carpentry works good so far? Pls pm/email me happybee89@gmail.com

Thanks!

May_dream1, here is the review for the fan:

Sofa's placed under the fan and having monitor it for 3 nights, missus couldn't last more than 1/2 hour w/o blankets on her legs (once she had blanket neck down). Fan's got 3 speed, I usually turn it up to 3. In less than an hour, I'll reduce it to 2. It's not only windy, it's cold. This is with all doors and windows closed and w/o air con.

Once I had a friend over for drinks and we were sitting at the dining area and wife was watching TV. I could feel occasional breeze at my legs. Even my friend was commenting about it. This is with windows closed and main door slightly ajar and w/o air con.

Verdict: Super silent. Don't expect tornado kind of wind. Initially, I was skeptical as well but proven wrong. Then again, my area is small so it's good enough but a friend installed 1 in his patio. Higher ceiling and outdoor but still can feel the wind on a humid night. I kinda regretted installing air con. Should have had the Sycamore installed in the master and common room as well.

Money well spent? Definitely yes! (considering the fact that I had a 20% discount)

thanks thanks... didn't realised you have given your review on the fan. now i can think abt investing into such a fan... definitely sound good to me! 20% discount?? hhmm.... tips on how you get it leh... so i can buy it at a discount too. hehehehe......

Hi! Nice reno there! Could I have the contacts and quote of this contractor? Looks like he can do good design work.. Is his carpentry works good so far? Pls pm/email me happybee89@gmail.com

Thanks!

Hi happyb, look at my signature. His contact is there.

He definitely can do good design work and in regards to his carpentry, perfect would be an understatement.

I'll be uploading pictures of my kitchen. Do take a look.

thanks thanks... didn't realised you have given your review on the fan. now i can think abt investing into such a fan... definitely sound good to me! 20% discount?? hhmm.... tips on how you get it leh... so i can buy it at a discount too. hehehehe......

PM'ed

Hi all,

Here's some very late updates. My 80% completed kitchen:

kitchen.jpg

A closer view:

kitchen2.jpg

From left: Braun Electric Kettle, Brabantia Canisters, Brabantia Bread Bin, Rachael Ray EVOO Oil & Vinegar Bottle Set

kitchen4.jpg

From Left: Ariston Induction Stove, WMF Salt & Pepper Mill Set, Bodum Knife Block, WMF Kitchen Paper Towel Holder, Brabantia Utensils

kitchen5.jpg

My Quartz kitchen top (notice the white spots are actually "glitters")

kitchen3.jpg

The sink:

kitchen6.jpg

Simple table top on the other side. Currently used for putting groceries. Contemplating to put 2 bar stools. Still unsure of what to put on the table top. Any suggestions anyone? Beside it is the simplehuman grocery bag holder. say bye bye to folded plastic bags and untidiness.

kitchen7.jpg

My fridge and full height cabinet to "keep the fridge away from sight". My microwave oven resides in the section second from top.

kitchen8.jpg

I'm currently preparing for exams therefore please pardon my late replies.

Concurrently, I'm waiting for other decors to arrive from overseas/shops.

Will constantly update this space with completed pictures of master, study, dining, living and bath.

Cheers.

battle: thank you for your kind words. :yamseng:

:P :P

BTW, do you have pix of your kitchen at night ? with lights on :P :P

Base on imagination, the the color combi, it actually makes the kitchen looks very sexy. ; p

I believe night with lighting will further brings out the design & color scheme. :notti: :notti:

Aelyra: thank you

Anyway, some updates.

Bought 3 posters to compliment the master bedroom with the black & white with a pinch of red theme.

poster.jpg

Hi all,

Here's some very late updates. My 80% completed kitchen:

kitchen.jpg

A closer view:

kitchen2.jpg

From left: Braun Electric Kettle, Brabantia Canisters, Brabantia Bread Bin, Rachael Ray EVOO Oil & Vinegar Bottle Set

kitchen4.jpg

From Left: Ariston Induction Stove, WMF Salt & Pepper Mill Set, Bodum Knife Block, WMF Kitchen Paper Towel Holder, Brabantia Utensils

kitchen5.jpg

Your kitchen accessories rockz and so does your kitchen!!! :)

Very nicely complimented and carefully selected. Is that your Mrs or you? I don't think my hubby will bother. :(

Thanks for the compliment.

We're quite the contrary. I'm more particular about details whereas missus is more unbothered.

It was a challenge sourcing for the right accessories but glad it turned out how I wanted it to be.