Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
battle

My Ea @ Bedok - Mid May 2012

Oh cool . ; )

I will only be collecting key come Mid-may. So for me still have plenty of time to really work on it.

heh.. i think i getting my keys later.. 1st march then can submit documents..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I like this one too, but a total of 9.1m of worktop is going to be costly lor.

So far I'm still waiting for quotes so tt I can access how much each item cost and see what to do n what to change or drop. ; p

How many contractors you go to?? Need me to intro??

Hey I prefer the original layout with the long island too. If you are going to have heavy cooking tho, perhaps best not to have even the opening. The smell will still travel out. Else just go for the nice long island? Have a look: :)

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44715&view=findpost&p=686937

How many contractors you go to?? Need me to intro??

For contractors, I would want to go to them last, cause i always feel like it is not very nice to approach them via referral and eventually not giving them the job. But of ID diff lar, they all out to want to meep people and give quotes, so I not so paisay talking to IDs ; p

BTW, for your contractors, can you email me their contact? Thanks ; )

So far meetup 2 ID, 1 more next week. Want to have a view of their quotes before going to Contractors.

So far on hand have 2 contractor. Want to have a gauge of the rate before moving on.

Not too sure if it is realistic budget ($40K all in)

- all kitchen cabinets (approx 40 ft)

- solid surface + granite (approx 30 ft)

- all kitchen hacking work

= retain all existing flooring

- entire house re-wiring

- approx 37 power point

- approx 27 lighting point (which mean will have 27 light switch)

- 5 x telephone point

- 5 x network point

- replace existing piping

- hacking of 1 toilet (to remove existing bath tub)

- lighting (normal type with energy saving bulb, nothing really fanciful)

- 4.3m study table top (dining area wall)

- 4 x 4.3 m book shelf (dining area wall)

I've shared with those ids that i'll not need their design work but only contracting work & project management etc. So far they do share some good ideas with me ; p

Hey I prefer the original layout with the long island too. If you are going to have heavy cooking tho, perhaps best not to have even the opening. The smell will still travel out. Else just go for the nice long island? Have a look: :)

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44715&view=findpost&p=686937

Wah, sui sui sui... thanks for sharing this one... think i'm going to re-look into my long long island plan liao ; p + fine tuning ; O''''''''

heh.. i think i getting my keys later.. 1st march then can submit documents..

oic.

nice. ; )

U familiar with that area ?

That area shiok, most of the time windy one. Very near ECP, ride there, jog there, walk there all can ; )

basically for me, simply move from Ave 2 (my MIL place) => Ave 3. Good for me cause its just beside my kids school, so will be super duper convenient for them to go school.

Wah, sui sui sui... thanks for sharing this one... think i'm going to re-look into my long long island plan liao ; p + fine tuning ; O''''''''

Let us know if you change your mind! :)

For contractors, I would want to go to them last, cause i always feel like it is not very nice to approach them via referral and eventually not giving them the job. But of ID diff lar, they all out to want to meep people and give quotes, so I not so paisay talking to IDs ; p

BTW, for your contractors, can you email me their contact? Thanks ; )

I've shared with those ids that i'll not need their design work but only contracting work & project management etc. So far they do share some good ideas with me ; p

if you don't need their design work, then they are called contractors. Haha.... Your definition and mine are different. In sg, 90% of ID are actually just contractors. Just like most financial advisors are insurance agents.

Anyway will PM you my ID info then. You can get quote and share ideas....

Nice layout you've got Battle. After hacking the wall, the whole place will look even more spacious and brighter.

Btw, To me ID = contractor . ID sounds more high class and they provide 3D drawings.

Nice layout you've got Battle. After hacking the wall, the whole place will look even more spacious and brighter.

Btw, To me ID = contractor . ID sounds more high class and they provide 3D drawings.

My contractor also gives me 3d drawing but I still won't call him ID. Haha.... It's just a high class name.

oic.

nice. ; )

U familiar with that area ?

That area shiok, most of the time windy one. Very near ECP, ride there, jog there, walk there all can ; )

basically for me, simply move from Ave 2 (my MIL place) => Ave 3. Good for me cause its just beside my kids school, so will be super duper convenient for them to go school.

more or less.. school is the primary reason why i wanna buy the place. dont even have to cross any road to get to school. i agree with the windy part, especially during year end.. almost free aircon..

Hey Battle, why don't you make a wet kitchen and a dry kitchen? Enclose the kitchen up to the bathroom wall with a sliding glass door? Then the outside you can retain as dry kitchen with sink, drinks prep area, baking prep area etc. I've nice condo layouts like that. Very nice and you'll get the practical cooking kitchen along with a gorgeous spacious dining/entertainment area. I do think ventilation will be a challenge... Perhaps need to install ventilating fan. To bring light into the kitchen, I'll also suggest installing a glass strip between the kitchen n living room. That way you can also keep an eye on your kids while you are in the kitchen? I have a strip like that in my kitchen:

http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/10/completed-pics-kitchen/

Oh ya and the toilet will be kinda a separate area, which I much prefer. Just my neurosis about toilets being in the kitchens acting up again.

Inspirations from qeeple: http://www.qeeple.com/search/open%20concept%20kitchen?module=search&section=search&search_keyword=open%20concept%20kitchen&uid=20cc4c0ce7ef6ecbac609fa9934c386e&__utma=25937213.1064478904.1318061292.1327167677.1328948924.11&__utmz=25937213.1328948924.11.6.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=dry%20kitchen%20qeeple&qses=af58391be5092a989b29fe2467061504&__utmb=25937213.3.10.1328948924&__utmc=25937213&page_n=1

Edited by adidaem

more or less.. school is the primary reason why i wanna buy the place. dont even have to cross any road to get to school. i agree with the windy part, especially during year end.. almost free aircon..

wow, that's even better ; )

How old is U'r kids ? Already in the school ?

Hey Battle, why don't you make a wet kitchen and a dry kitchen? Enclose the kitchen up to the bathroom wall with a sliding glass door? Then the outside you can retain as dry kitchen with sink, drinks prep area, baking prep area etc. I've nice condo layouts like that. Very nice and you'll get the practical cooking kitchen along with a gorgeous spacious dining/entertainment area. I do think ventilation will be a challenge... Perhaps need to install ventilating fan. To bring light into the kitchen, I'll also suggest installing a glass strip between the kitchen n living room. That way you can also keep an eye on your kids while you are in the kitchen? I have a strip like that in my kitchen:

http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/10/completed-pics-kitchen/

Oh ya and the toilet will be kinda a separate area, which I much prefer. Just my neurosis about toilets being in the kitchens acting up again.

Inspirations from qeeple: http://www.qeeple.com/search/open%20concept%20kitchen?module=search&section=search&search_keyword=open%20concept%20kitchen&uid=20cc4c0ce7ef6ecbac609fa9934c386e&__utma=25937213.1064478904.1318061292.1327167677.1328948924.11&__utmz=25937213.1328948924.11.6.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=dry%20kitchen%20qeeple&qses=af58391be5092a989b29fe2467061504&__utmb=25937213.3.10.1328948924&__utmc=25937213&page_n=1

Thanks adidaem,

Not really into dry/wet kitchen as the space is pretty limited. Unless if I can afford Bedok Court (22xx sq ft) ; p For that kind of size and lay-out, I will have both wet & dry kitchen ; p (+ lotsa entertainment space as well ; O )

thanks for the link, strike me with some good ideas ; )

Yup, that's what my wife & MIL like. Bright, spacious.