Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
battle

My Ea @ Bedok - Mid May 2012

Now left with my Toilet. Have yet to think through how I want to do up my toilet. ; p

i still owe you the pic of my toilet bowl. i forgot how to post pic here... if you don't mind, pm me yr number and i will whatsapp you. My toilet bowl brand is friven.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Ho ho ho ho...

Another fruitful meet-up with an ID Contractor. (He's not really an ID person, but more of an experienced contractor who can understand what owner like me needs :dancingqueen:

We had a real long chat. Suppose to meet at 7pm, but he's early, cause he need to have his dinner ; p

So we meet at coffeeshop, officially start discussion time, mmmm say 7.15 pm ba.... than talk talk talk talk talk talk, 11.45pm :jawdrop:

I actually started with my finalized design, then he give me some advice (think only experience people like him will spot it). (base on my final lay-out, with 1 m space for a fridge, if eventually i switch to a 960mm fridge, I will never be able to pull out the veg tray cause if I flush my fridge with cabinet, the door will not be able to open 180 degree to fully enable the veg tray/drawer to be pull out) than I'll :bangwall:

With his experience, and character (always "kenging" to resolve problem or better solution/layout), I benefited ; p

Think we had the frequency, just before we ended our session, we kinda continue and chat, than one thing leads to another, all my 3 lay-out diagram. :bow: :bow: :bow:

He also like the ultra long long work-top design and he took out his paper, pencil, calculator, draw, measure, calculate......

Can be done within my budget. He can't see WHY NOT .... :notti:

Sui... :dancingqueen:

Double confirm, triple confirm... :sport-smiley-004:

Mai tu liao, pull out 2 more piece of NEW CLEAN piece of floor plan (I dam KS one, once OTP, go online purchase floor plan liao, than print out 20 piece, 10 x A3, 10 x A4... :yamseng: : )

Re-visited the floorplan, draw, where to put what... bingo....

Now waiting for him to review his quotes and hope everything goes well ; )

This should be the final lay-out liao. If got changes will only be the length of the work-top or table.

layout_long_worktop_01.jpg

i still owe you the pic of my toilet bowl. i forgot how to post pic here... if you don't mind, pm me yr number and i will whatsapp you. My toilet bowl brand is friven.

Hey thanks May_dream1.. ; )

PM send :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

Ai ya....

Notice that I don't have a place to put my rice cooker. Will have to do some minor changes again.....

Good to talk to more people before finalizing the lay-out / design. :thumbs up:

Let me do some changes and will share the next version of my layout (don't want to use FINAL liao, SSSzzzzzzzz)

Ai ya....

Notice that I don't have a place to put my rice cooker. Will have to do some minor changes again.....

Good to talk to more people before finalizing the lay-out / design. :thumbs up:

Let me do some changes and will share the next version of my layout (don't want to use FINAL liao, SSSzzzzzzzz)

put yr rice cooker on the island where your dining table is...such a long table, no place to even put a rice cooker? :unsure:

Okie, here's the minor touch-up of the plan.

Key changes :

Remove the full height cabinet on the right side of the hood/hob area. (so that can put rice cooker)won't want to put on the counter top as it might be ugly. ; p

The counter top also reduced from 3m to 2.4 meter.

Dining table remains at 3m (so that at max, can seat up to 5 a side)

I've added a square table. (will only be open if there is MJ session :sport-smiley-018: & only with my BLACK MJ tiles :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: )

layout_long_worktop_02.jpg

put yr rice cooker on the island where your dining table is...such a long table, no place to even put a rice cooker? :unsure:

Ay, will it looks ugly to put rice cooker on the dining table ? Just feel a bit funny ley... although its a good idea....

Mmmmm... will have to ponder a bit ; )

It will be a little strategic to see how to put the power point under the table..

Ay, will it looks ugly to put rice cooker on the dining table ? Just feel a bit funny ley... although its a good idea....

Mmmmm... will have to ponder a bit ; )

It will be a little strategic to see how to put the power point under the table..

aiyoh, why would it be ugly? its so strategic leh.... open the rice cooker, and put rice on plate and pass down to everyone sitting there. no need to walk ard... so convenient. and how ugly is yr rice cooker?

if you remove your tall cabinet, no oven for you??

mine island have power point... hahaaha..... andrew will know how to do it!

Edited by May_dream1

out of curiousity, are you going to be those who buy a lot of kitchen gadgets? those stuff might take out counter space..

i've got "loads" of kitchen gadgets.. i.e. airfryer, kitchen mixer.. etc etc.

those might need a lot more plug points.

out of curiousity, are you going to be those who buy a lot of kitchen gadgets? those stuff might take out counter space..

i've got "loads" of kitchen gadgets.. i.e. airfryer, kitchen mixer.. etc etc.

those might need a lot more plug points.

Yup. I'll be the one buying all those gadget. ; p

But most of them will be in the cabinet until I need to use lor.

Like there is a period of time I crazy about cooking ( after watching all e cook network shows. Lol ). Tt time every sat will cook something for my kids. I even make the traditional "or nee".

Then after that period, switch to swimming, than to jogging, than rock climbing, than now cycling. ; p

So things keep changing, now about to go back cooking again. Lol

As for power point, no worries, I will have plenty. And Also lighting point. ; )

aiyoh, why would it be ugly? its so strategic leh.... open the rice cooker, and put rice on plate and pass down to everyone sitting there. no need to walk ard... so convenient. and how ugly is yr rice cooker?

if you remove your tall cabinet, no oven for you??

mine island have power point... hahaaha..... andrew will know how to do it!

I still left with 1 tall cabinet behind lor.

Ok ok let me go imagine a bit.

My rice cooker those normal type one lor. Cause thinking if put rice cooker there, it will be there all the way Liao with the wiring, cause every day 2 meal mar, so by 10+ my MIL will start cooking for their lunch at 11+.

Ay, maybe by then go buy a nice looking one hor. Lol.

Btw, Andrew ok with you using other electrician ar? When I was asking him, he was not in favor of me using my own supplier ley.

For my granite, I think will be using his although a little more $xx, cause he will have total control over it lor. Cause now I think think, some of the pieces of granite will need to be polish on multiple face, and Also I will want minimum number of piece to form the long table. Scared if I go to others, they will break up into 3 or 4 pieces, like tt will have many many join lines Liao.

I still left with 1 tall cabinet behind lor.

Ok ok let me go imagine a bit.

My rice cooker those normal type one lor. Cause thinking if put rice cooker there, it will be there all the way Liao with the wiring, cause every day 2 meal mar, so by 10+ my MIL will start cooking for their lunch at 11+.

Ay, maybe by then go buy a nice looking one hor. Lol.

Btw, Andrew ok with you using other electrician ar? When I was asking him, he was not in favor of me using my own supplier ley.

For my granite, I think will be using his although a little more $xx, cause he will have total control over it lor. Cause now I think think, some of the pieces of granite will need to be polish on multiple face, and Also I will want minimum number of piece to form the long table. Scared if I go to others, they will break up into 3 or 4 pieces, like tt will have many many join lines Liao.

Buy a nicer rice cooker then. Put at island good mah, easy for everyone.

His recommended electrician is zenterra which I think quite famous here too. But he is ok if u outsource, just that it's easier for him to coordinate. But if have enough profit margin from yr Reno, then no reason he won't let you go outside. Only if u squeeze him till small margin then he need to earn from other place loh.

I think that's his mentality lah... Most contractors need to earn money mah.

Buy a nicer rice cooker then. Put at island good mah, easy for everyone.

His recommended electrician is zenterra which I think quite famous here too. But he is ok if u outsource, just that it's easier for him to coordinate. But if have enough profit margin from yr Reno, then no reason he won't let you go outside. Only if u squeeze him till small margin then he need to earn from other place loh.

I think that's his mentality lah... Most contractors need to earn money mah.

Yup yup. Will keep a look out.

I didn't even bargain ley, how to squeeze him. Lol. I think his quote is reasonable lar. And through the 1st meeting, already share many things and tricks Liao.

Will be waiting to see his actual carpenter workmanship. (tts ur place ; p)

Yup yup. Will keep a look out.

I didn't even bargain ley, how to squeeze him. Lol. I think his quote is reasonable lar. And through the 1st meeting, already share many things and tricks Liao.

Will be waiting to see his actual carpenter workmanship. (tts ur place ; p)

His carpenters made such wonderful job at my feature wall that I have nothing to complain abt. I don't think many ppl able to do this.

His carpenters made such wonderful job at my feature wall that I have nothing to complain abt. I don't think many ppl able to do this.

Ya, I agree. Now a days many claims that their carpenter's skill is so good & so good etc, but than when you try to open their long/wide drawer, not steady one (something like when you pull from extreme left of the drawer, it will kind of get twisted like that.) So far I have only seen 1 that super solid, when you pull from 1 corner of the wide drawer, it comes out really smoothly, and ultra rigid. (tt's from Interior Affairs)

I read about all the review from your T-blog and those photos, that's why I buay paisay request for a house visit so that I have witness it as well too ; p