Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thedottyness

2+3 - Our 2Nd Home

Hi,

New here and just wondering why is there a need for so many ethernet points? Thanks!

From the techie point of view, 2 LAN points in MBR is not a lot (i have 3 in my MBR :dribble: ).

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

From the techie point of view, 2 LAN points in MBR is not a lot (i have 3 in my MBR :dribble: ).

i am crazier.....got 6. lol.

3 of them are almost free to install though. i pass 3 5m cables and ask the electrician to hide them in the trunking for my living room.

i am crazier.....got 6. lol.

3 of them are almost free to install though. i pass 3 5m cables and ask the electrician to hide them in the trunking for my living room.

If you add the 5 ports gigabit switch i added to my MBR, i have more LAN points/ports than you. 3 LAN in MBR, 2 for 2 computers, 1 for TV then bought a blu-ray player also need a LAN point so add a 5-ports switch, then bought a HTPC need another LAN point so plug into the switch, the TV also plug into the switch.

If you add the 5 ports gigabit switch i added to my MBR, i have more LAN points/ports than you. 3 LAN in MBR, 2 for 2 computers, 1 for TV then bought a blu-ray player also need a LAN point so add a 5-ports switch, then bought a HTPC need another LAN point so plug into the switch, the TV also plug into the switch.

lol....the most wired MBR i've heard of.

lol....the most wired MBR i've heard of.

Actually he has not more ports than yours because 2 ports are used for uplink. 3 + 5 - 2 = 6

Very long no upload pics.. Here are some pics~

this is how we utilize the space under the stairs...

4588f64b.jpg

we build a shoe cabinet at the sloping part.. the bigger square area is actually the store room.

0898aa23.jpg

our budget solution to lighting up the stairwell..

54b98797.jpg

Very long no upload pics.. Here are some pics~

this is how we utilize the space under the stairs...

4588f64b.jpg

we build a shoe cabinet at the sloping part.. the bigger square area is actually the store room.

0898aa23.jpg

our budget solution to lighting up the stairwell..

54b98797.jpg

I love ur hanging lights! Ur idea of converting part of the space under the staircase into a shoe cabinet is a clever one..,,. why didn't I think of that? Heehee :)

I love ur hanging lights! Ur idea of converting part of the space under the staircase into a shoe cabinet is a clever one..,,. why didn't I think of that? Heehee :)

i cannot take credit for that.. =X

actually my stepfather's idea.. but the price to custom also jin swee ah! :dribble:

i cannot take credit for that.. =X

actually my stepfather's idea.. but the price to custom also jin swee ah! :dribble:

Nonetheless, This idea is unique as it uses part of the store space under the stairs. I think u can't put any furniture in front as u need to access the shoe cabinet. I don't have space to do this design coz I currently place my daughter's piano in that space.

Hope everything will be ready for handover today?? Cheers and wish u a smooth delivery for ur newborn too!

Nonetheless, This idea is unique as it uses part of the store space under the stairs. I think u can't put any furniture in front as u need to access the shoe cabinet. I don't have space to do this design coz I currently place my daughter's piano in that space.

Hope everything will be ready for handover today?? Cheers and wish u a smooth delivery for ur newborn too!

thanks thanks.. will be placing a skinny bench on the wall opposite the cabinets. need extra seating during gatherings.

erm.. only left kitchen counter top to be fixed up and touch ups to be done at first floor..

-deleted-

just realised some of the pictures are very poor quality

here's a sneak of my living room instead..

idea copied from paloma, just on a larger scale.

83ba1976.jpg

Edited by thedottyness

Great to hear! At least only touch up and counter top..... Phew! What a journey..... So now waiting for baby to be born? Exciting!