Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yapht

Inverter Vs Non-Inverter Aircon. Which Better For Low Consumption User?

Hi all,

Im deciding on getting a inverter or non-inverter aircon. I heard from friends that inverter aircon only helps to save electricity if you are a heavy user. Is it true?

It will be great if someone can educate me on this. Thanks alot!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

I'm no expert.

From the information that I'd gather, what you said is true.

It depends on your usage, if you're using the aircond. like 3-4 hr nightly, I believe non-inverter would be good enough taking account of the price difference.

Another consideration point may be non-inverter are generally using R22, which you might want to read up this http://singapore-aircon-r410a.blogspot.com/

It depends on your situation and objectives, if it's a brand new installation (new piping), personally I would request for R410 piping and you may still run non-inverter (R22) on it (i was told it's possible).

Just my 2 cents. :)

You may find this link useful

My link

part load meaning? 1 aircon turn on is it? So inverter outdoor unit no sound when in operation? or can hear motor sound running?

Edited by dean

Part load means that the compressor will consume different amount of energy depending on the number of fancoils u on.

Isn't part load means the room have attained the set temp, the compressor is just running at partial speed to maintain the temp?

Even you turn on only one AC for a system 3, it will run at full load till the set temp is attained. Am I right?

Huh??

Partial load means the fan coil utilisation is only partial load of the outdoor compressor. For example, room is 12K BTU, but outdoor unit is 24K BTU.

If turn on only 1 fan coil.. the 24K BTU compressor is running full load to cool a 12K BTU room.

For non inverter, the compressor is either full on or full off.

Running a 24K outdoor, to cool a 12K room is highly inefficient.

An inverter compressor is able to slow down the compressor to handle the lower demand, instead of cycling on and off to meet the partial 50% load.

If u got a 24K BTU compressor, and u constantly operate 2 X 12K BTU rooms during the hot day, Actually inverter or non inverter not much energy savings.

Inverter is good cos is silent operation. The fan dun keep turn on turn off, but turns slowly or speeds up.

In general, if you are a heavy user say more than 8hrs usage a day running a few FCU connected to a single compressor, it is good to get a inverter type.

If not, just get a non-inverter type will do because the saving is not significant.

We take for example Mit 3a28 (27k btu) + Ge10 (9k btu) x 3.

If ge10 x 1 is on, the outdoor might run @ ard 30-40% capacity.

If 2 is on, around 60-70% capacity.

If 3 is on, ard 100% capacity.

When room temp is reached, the compressor will slow down its speed (lower energy consumption) to maintain the room temp.