- tv

- sound bar

- SCV

- blue ray

- modem

- router

- wii

- spare (cordless phone?)

was advised to not use multi plug if possible...

As for the kitchen dry area (on the left)

- refrigerator

- oven

- microwave oven

- rice cooker

- electric kettle

kitchen wet area (on the right)

- hob

- coffee machine

- spare (fruit extractor)

bar counter

- fan

- spare (steamboat?)

My ID told me he is quoting me 2K for the electricity wiring as a package, so no matter how many port will be the same price.... so I guess why not, hehe....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My ID told me he is quoting me 2K for the electricity wiring as a package, so no matter how many port will be the same price.... so I guess why not, hehe....

Nothing matters now... $2K for electrical wiring, do more points! $2K is cheap, inclusive lighting points?

Yeah, but that is verbal quote only... meeting ID and electrician tomorrow to confirm the pricing and the points...

You have so many electrical gadgets hehehe no wonder you need so many points. But since it is given as a package, then good to have more.

How about the right side of the living room? Is that supposed to be your dining area? Maybe should have a power point there.

My ID provided the ceiling plan for our discussion tomorrow:

lampj.png

I think it is a bit clustered. Any suggestion?

Oh no! My electric installation bill go up to 4.5k if I follow my initial plan! I guess there is a misunderstanding when I heard my ID say he will give me a package deal for the installation...

Well, we just has a discussion to reduce some unnecessary points and hopefully the final bill will be 3k. Getting my finger crossed and hope for the best when he show me the quotation tomorrow, after his calculation...

Last Saturday my wife and I went back to Johor to find some cheap lighting. After went home for a discussion and decided which lights to buy, we went back the next days and found out it is CLOSED! Such luck! Example of lights we highlighted:

designerlights.jpg

Since it is too late to buy from Malaysia, my ID bring us to a shop in SG. Below are the lights we bought for our kitchen, service yard and both bathrooms.

lightsv.jpg

This is the down lights we will be using.

downlight.jpg

Edited by yeese

My wife is so happy that our curtains and blind are completed! The total bill for the whole house is RM1950 :D Will post the pic once we unpacked them.

Oh no! My electric installation bill go up to 4.5k if I follow my initial plan! I guess there is a misunderstanding when I heard my ID say he will give me a package deal for the installation...

Well, we just has a discussion to reduce some unnecessary points and hopefully the final bill will be 3k. Getting my finger crossed and hope for the best when he show me the quotation tomorrow, after his calculation...

That's why I was puzzled how come do so many electrical points only $2k, quite impossible to do that, especially using ID's electrician. Luckily you have reduced the number of points. I feel that the previous setting you got has too many lighting and power points already. Can almost light up your neighbour's house.

When my ID start to do plastering on my wall, I was shocked when I saw that my OpenNet termination point is dismantled. I suspect that it is damaged...

img0975o.jpg

He told me he will pay for any payment to get OpenNet to revisit to check whether is it damaged. In the mean time, he will set up the required trunking for the OpenNet if there is any re-laying of cable.

When I went to visit today to see the trunking, I got double shocked when I see my termination point OUTSIDE my house!!!

opennet.jpg

Now the re-laying of fibre optic cable is a MUST! Anybody know the contact of OpenNet sub contractor? I can't wait for OpenNet to come over for the cable laying as the earliest they can make it is end of July!!! I really wanna kill my ID!!!

After a long wait, we finally got the carpentry drawing from our ID, two weeks before the completion.

kitchenn.png

shoecab.png

He still missed the vanity cabinet drawing but I guess 2/3 is better than none!

What I am worried now is that I saw he is planning to use Albion hinges instead of BLUM hinges as initially promised. He told me he has customer having issues with BLUM hinges, therefore helping us to replace our BLUM to Albion hinges. I heard bout BLUM a few times from fellow Renotalk forummer but not Albion. Anybody know about this Albion? Is it better than BLUM?

Or do you guys think I should insist to use BLUM instead? Your advice is much appreciated as I will need to confirm with my ID tomorrow! Thanks in advance!

Edited by yeese

As for the ceiling fan, if you are into kdk and Panasonic fan, getting from Malaysia is cheap. KDK baby fan is RM315. Only thing is there is no white model, only silver and champagne color.Panasonic M15E8 is RM390 and KDK Sensa 4 is RM475 (if I still remember correctly)... Get it from Yes Electrical at Jalan Serampang. They will give you the U hook as well. Baby do not need this hook as they will bundle their own hook.

These are the only 3 models suitable for HDB. KDK baby fan is 1100mm(44") diameter and about 15 cm from ceiling and the rest is 1500(56") and about 30 cm from ceiling.

Yup, i also got my KDK fan from here. Very nice uncle and its cheap too! :good:

After a long wait, we finally got the carpentry drawing from our ID, two weeks before the completion.

kitchenn.png

shoecab.png

He still missed the vanity cabinet drawing but I guess 2/3 is better than none!

What I am worried now is that I saw he is planning to use Albion hinges instead of BLUM hinges as initially promised. He told me he has customer having issues with BLUM hinges, therefore helping us to replace our BLUM to Albion hinges. I heard bout BLUM a few times from fellow Renotalk forummer but not Albion. Anybody know about this Albion? Is it better than BLUM?

Or do you guys think I should insist to use BLUM instead? Your advice is much appreciated as I will need to confirm with my ID tomorrow! Thanks in advance!

Hi yeese,

congrats on getting your own place! I've used Blum for all my hinges & love them. So far, no problems. I think you will have to insist on using Blum if that was what your ID promised you. Blum is expensive so sometimes contractors look for cheaper alternatives. :yamseng:

Now the re-laying of fibre optic cable is a MUST! Anybody know the contact of OpenNet sub contractor? I can't wait for OpenNet to come over for the cable laying as the earliest they can make it is end of July!!! I really wanna kill my ID!!!

The only way, from my experience, to get OpenNet to come during your renovation is for you to sign-up with a Telco. Somehow, going direct to OpenNet takes about 3 months to get for the installation date. With a Telco (meaning, you have to sign up a contract), somehow OpenNet can be at your place within two weeks. You can negotiate for an earlier date.