Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LLChing

Final "resting" Home In Jurong East

@ Nivle, Battle : Thanks for the compliments. Paiseh ;)

We wanted our home to be as simple as possible and we had it. We wanted it to be spacious, bright and airy, and we've got it. I wanted it to be clutter free and easy to clean, and I'm still working on it :blink:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

@ Nivle, Battle : Thanks for the compliments. Paiseh ;)

We wanted our home to be as simple as possible and we had it. We wanted it to be spacious, bright and airy, and we've got it. I wanted it to be clutter free and easy to clean, and I'm still working on it :blink:

clutter free...... that's a real challenge for me... Still have so many things to unpack & re-categorize them... ZZzz.zzzzz siong siong siong

clutter free...... that's a real challenge for me... Still have so many things to unpack & re-categorize them... ZZzz.zzzzz siong siong siong

With young kids around, getting the place neat and tidy at all times is definitely not an easy task. Then again, it's that colourful kids' shampoo and cute toys here, lovely picture books there that make the place lively and cheery, isn't it? :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

With young kids around, getting the place neat and tidy at all times is definitely not an easy task. Then again, it's that colourful kids' shampoo and cute toys here, lovely picture books there that make the place lively and cheery, isn't it? :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

yup... + a lot of destroying of fixtures... :disturb: :disturb:

Just got to know yesterday that my youngest is the one that almost damage my toilet mini spray, shaking the spray when its placed in the holder... end up the join leaking... .

When she's showering with her sister, she play with it, using the water to spray everywhere within the bathroom.... :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

When she's showering with her sister, she play with it, using the water to spray everywhere within the bathroom.... :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Hehehe .. you grow plants? :idea: Don't waste that water spraying talent leh .. let her be in charge of watering the plants :notti:

Hehehe .. you grow plants? :idea: Don't waste that water spraying talent leh .. let her be in charge of watering the plants :notti:

Lol.... No lar, my plant 1 cup of water twice a day enough Liao. Lol

Should any of you decide to have PD doors installed for the bathroom or whatever, do reconsider.

We have both toilets installed and the plastic parts for both had cracked and a piece of plastic part at my MBR's had not only cracked but came off. It's only 3 mths :( . Though the door is still functional without the missing piece, it does kept us wondering when the panels will become dislodged.

So far, after service has been good and prompt. We had some hairline cracks filled; the driver to one of the spot light changed and on Monday, the PD door person will come to have the parts for both doors replaced.

Have a healthy and successful 2013 to all renotalkers. :yamseng::drunk:

With the weather being wet and cold the last couple of months, I super appreciate my storage heater in providing the family with constant hot water. :bath:

@LLChing,

Gratulations on your new place.

Am interested to know how you executed the move-out, reno, move-back. What storage company did you use, and what were the charges like?

How many months did you have to rent another place for while waiting for reno to complete?

@LLChing,

Gratulations on your new place.

Am interested to know how you executed the move-out, reno, move-back. What storage company did you use, and what were the charges like?

How many months did you have to rent another place for while waiting for reno to complete?

Hello epiphone, we did not store our barang in a storage company. We are lucky that my sister had a vacant 3 room flat which we used as storage. We packed and moved, progressively, items kept in the storeroom 1/2 month before the hacking. We used our faithful family car as the delivery van and hubby :wub: was the main mover. Hubby's frenz helped with pickup and manpower for big items like fridge, washing machine etc. Moving back is just a reverse process.

1st week, we stayed at a hotel and do all laundry and ironing at my sister's place (Can't stay there cos flat is not sufficiently equipped). The next 6 weeks, we stayed in a fully equipped condo unit which was being put up for sale (hence can't have long term contract). In a way, we are really lucky that things went smoothly on the accommodation part. Otherwise we would have to rent a flat with min 6 mths lease.

It took me 6 mths to discover little surprises. Can you believe that 1 hinge had only 1 screw? I've discovered 12 hinges with only 1 screw attached instead of 2. When I was doing my spring cleaning (climbing up and bending down) did I see that the screws are missing :wacko:

Should any of you decide to have PD doors installed for the bathroom or whatever, do reconsider.

We have both toilets installed and the plastic parts for both had cracked and a piece of plastic part at my MBR's had not only cracked but came off. It's only 3 mths :( . Though the door is still functional without the missing piece, it does kept us wondering when the panels will become dislodged.

I am still contemplating on whether should I go for PD door or the traditional one piece door..it seems v troublesome to operate the PD door..imagine u are urgent and had to go thru the push-slide motion and then turn knob to lock the door.

I am still contemplating on whether should I go for PD door or the traditional one piece door..it seems v troublesome to operate the PD door..imagine u are urgent and had to go thru the push-slide motion and then turn knob to lock the door.

The replaced plastic part of my PD door at the common door cracked also. The first time it cracked and broke may be due to the improper use by visitors who tried to operate it as a folding door. After the 1st experience, we educated and supervised all visitors on the use but it still crack. Sigh!! Only 7 mths!! If you have ample space, go for the single door lor!