Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LLChing

Final "resting" Home In Jurong East

Tfy18.jpgHDxyG.jpgnfBmD.jpgDoors not fixed yet.b2aEZ.jpgMore than a week for 5 workers to work on all these plus 1 sliding door and 2 mobile low cabinets which I have not have the privilege to see. Understandable for makan table because of some feature overhead. Edited by LLChing

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

1 carpenter and yet making the whole thing so unpleasant? complain to the boss also no use then sack him lah... what for keep this kind of carpenter?? even owner also he is not afraid? aiyoh........ :bangwall::bangwall:

Alas, kitchen cabinets and TV console are done. Only 2 workers came today and so much has been done. One uncle has 30 yrs experience :sport-smiley-004: Waiting for granite top to be installed on Thursday :rolleyes: Metal teeth worker din come in today which makes my day :D

Moving in tomorrow though none of the basins and sink are connected. Will have to brush teeth in the shower area.

To be fair, workmanship for both carpenters, Ah Teck and Ah Lok are quite good except that 1 piece and the table which are still in process. Ah Lok is the one man show guy who is fast and good.

I really must kowtow to the polisher Ah Kheng :bow: :bow: . He is sooo patient and thorough. My 28 yrs old marble shone like a mirror :good:

Ceiling guy definitely score top marks :dancingqueen: .He came with his family to my place so that after doing an additional touch up job requested urgent by Andrew, he can go jalan :D . He actually has a choice not to come because the request was too last minute but he obliged.

Tiler Ah Ming who oversee my place is average. Today, the older brother, Ah Seng came for touching up work and I can see he is more experienced and meticulous. Too bad he was too busy then.

Though plumbing works is just so, so .. at least till now, only 1 small leak was detected and immediately corrected. Yet to see because we have not been able to test the water flow properly.

As for ID Andrew, he tends to over pressure himself. He wants things fast and good and hates procrastination from his subcon. He gives 101% and expect no less than 100% from them.

Uncle painter likes to chat/talk alot but he would make sure that he completes his task within the day even if it takes him to the night :o

I was surprised that a separate painter for main door and bed frame is required. Thought all painting is under uncle painter's jurisdiction.

The shower screen and mirror guy is fast and efficient. I was amazed to see the hole on the glass where the joint is and it does look like mickey mouse, hence the name for the clip.

There was one elusive person who came, work and leave. He is Jason the window panes changer. We always hear his name being mentioned but never got to meet him.

The electricians from Zenterra are friendly and accommodating. They will have to come 4 times just to complete my place because of the delay by the carpenter.

I've got Debbie and Jo from 11 November to do my curtains. They are in the process of renovating their showroom at MacPherson. Very nice people and can easily become friends :P

Thank you all. Mm.. wonder which of you came by.

Yesterday granite top for kitchen and toilets came 1 day earlier. Must be Andrew's "persuasive power" because hubby says he has no basin to brush teeth. It was also Andrew's arm twisting Zenterra to install all relevant wirings so that hubby can operate from home without any inconvenience :sport-smiley-018: . Yesterday was a most stressful day for Andrew cos he has to deal with hubby. Tomorrow the rest of the carpentry will be done, again minus the 2 movable pieces.

Though we have moved in, the condition is like what it appears in the photos. All rooms are filled with cartons which we have brought along during our temporary tenure. The main bulk is still in storage. The house is extremely dusty.

Thank you all. Mm.. wonder which of you came by.

oh, someone came by? not me leh.... i still haven't had time to arrange with andrew to go over yr place... too busy at work lah.

Weeehh... :dancingqueen: Nice, nice. After buttering the carpentry guy, everything went very smoothly on Friday 13. All faults rectified swee swee. Found that actually the problematic fellow is pretty good in his workmanship when he put his heart and soul into his job. He was polite and take instructions readily that day. The Indian guy is the best worker of the lot throughout. I was vey satisfied with their work that day. Final delivery of the balance furniture this coming thursday :dribble:

By this week end, my reno would be finished. Just ordered a 3 seater sofa set from a notorious company at Toh Guan Furniture Mall :( . Delivery will be Sept 1. Din see the bad review before our order :dunno: . Let's see how they fare this coming Wed 18/7. They are supposed to deliver our 2 dining chairs together with the on-loan 3 seater sofa. I won't mention the Co yet since the reviews are 2 - 3 yrs ago. Hope they have changed for the better.

ppl says friday the 13th is not a good day, but totally opposite for you. everything swee swee liao... hahahaah... later i call andrew to see when i can go and visit... hehee....

i just talked to Andrew, he says tomorrow will bring me over. so i will go over during lunch time!!

wow...lunch time can go jurong...good life.. :dribble:

Good gracious May, sorry for not being there to show you around :( . Didn't see your posting about coming over with Andrew as CPU's power went dead :dunno: . Just got back our CPU from repair shop. Asked Andrew why din call me and it seems he thought the carpentry guys are coming today, so I should be home. He din know it was rescheduled to Thurs. Fri 13th did caught up with us! :ph34r:

So paiseh, the place was such a mess with clothes all over. Couldn't talk when Andrew called cos it's not my handphone. Wah .. coming all the way to Jurong for lunch? Did Andrew treat you to Chilli's, or Nando or Eat at Taipei or Canton Paradise at JCube? :dribble:

Weird day! Kelvin arranged for the shower screen guy to come today without informing me. Noone was at home. Have to rush back right in the midst of my cartons moving from storage to home. 8|

I don't have yr mobile that's why didn't call you. And I sent pm cos worried you don't come in but I guess too late. Hehe... So paisey to go over when you not in.

I like your kitchen leh.... The laminate very nice.... Yr master toilet tiles too. And yr gals wardrobe.... Good idea but I wonder enough for both of them or not. Hehe.....