Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LLChing

Final "resting" Home In Jurong East

@May - Blue room is the entertainment room. Will post it only when totally complete :D with curtains and all. Andrew was at 1st skeptical of the darkness. Borrowed architectural colour reference books from the library to show him her idea. He saw the effect this afternoon and was quite please with it. The aqua marine room is girlie's room. Can see the contrast better once beds in and hanging light installed. He was a bit disappointed with the MBR colour which is supposed to be Nippon mole but turned out more brownish. I'm fine with it though.

i will ask andrew to bring me to your place when its ready. you don't mind, right?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Carpentry for the Entertainment and WIW came when the polishing for our floor is still on going :o . Luckily, Andrew and Kelvin were there to handle the situation. When I went during lunch time, saw part of our furniture at the lift lobby downstairs and some outside our door. Polishers have already pasted outside the door for ALL to remove shoes before stepping in. Nicely painted walls kena splashed liao :(

i will ask andrew to bring me to your place when its ready. you don't mind, right?

Not at all! But don't have too high expectation hor. The design is very straight forward and common. Suit our needs can liao. I'll ask him to bring you only after the multimedia system is up and calibrated (after July 16). Hope the sound is at least half as good as when we hear it at the showroom :dribble:

Not at all! But don't have too high expectation hor. The design is very straight forward and common. Suit our needs can liao. I'll ask him to bring you only after the multimedia system is up and calibrated (after July 16). Hope the sound is at least half as good as when we hear it at the showroom :dribble:

i like straight forward and simple. my worry is cleaning so the simpler it is, the better. hahaah...

Carpentry for the Entertainment and WIW came when the polishing for our floor is still on going :o . Luckily, Andrew and Kelvin were there to handle the situation. When I went during lunch time, saw part of our furniture at the lift lobby downstairs and some outside our door. Polishers have already pasted outside the door for ALL to remove shoes before stepping in. Nicely painted walls kena splashed liao :(

That one don't have to worry, cause later they will touch up when finish. Final round of electrical work WORSE. especially when installing lights. Will have a lot of hand markings.

But they will clean-up, touch up, so the final product will still be ok lar. :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

So paiseh .. Andrew was like jumping on an ant's nest yesterday when he tried unsuccessfully to get me regarding some "URGENT" matters. I was happily browsing curtain materials and curtain rods at Spotlight and couldn't hear the numerous calls he made. Saw his SMS only 2 hours later. Aiya, nothing urgent lah! He was only preparing me on some minor defects which his men will rectify today, in case I jump on him when I do spot check last evening.

Spotlight curtain rods are of a better quality than IKEA. Haven't decide whether to use track or rod, buy or custom made :dunno: curtains.

My kitchen cabinets, living room TV console, work desk, filing cabinets etc (except the dining table) will supposedly be installed today. It is now raining heavily outside. Hope my furniture won't get drenched.

Basically, the colours for my walls are all here except the MBR :D Painter did quite a good job when we see it this evening and the paint still damp. Neat painting. Let me check again tomorrow in broad day light when the walls are dry :P .

wQCXK.jpg

i like the colors! especially the turquoise one! :good:

Thank you all :bow: The 2 bright colours are chosen by my girls :notti: . The rest are chosen by Andrew who managed to capture my taste for earthly tone.

One man show carpenter uncle is fast and good :good: . The other "bigger" company one is not so good - depends on which worker do what. The TV console is ok but not the one in charge of office area. Dimension wrong and worker lacks understanding of plan. Moreover, didn't use grey matter during installation :bangwall: . Seriously need to redo. Meeting with carpenter, electrician and Andrew tomorrow morning to sort things out.

I'm more concern about the completion of the TV console. Singtel coming on Monday to install broadband etc. Tuesday TV coming in.

Thank you all :bow: The 2 bright colours are chosen by my girls :notti: . The rest are chosen by Andrew who managed to capture my taste for earthly tone.

One man show carpenter uncle is fast and good :good: . The other "bigger" company one is not so good - depends on which worker do what. The TV console is ok but not the one in charge of office area. Dimension wrong and worker lacks understanding of plan. Moreover, didn't use grey matter during installation :bangwall: . Seriously need to redo. Meeting with carpenter, electrician and Andrew tomorrow morning to sort things out.

I'm more concern about the completion of the TV console. Singtel coming on Monday to install broadband etc. Tuesday TV coming in.

Hey do u mind sharing what color is the turquoise? I would like to use it to paint stripes for one of the rooms..

Gee, I had the exact intention of having stripe too (pair off with misty 5078) but the idea was shot down by the girls. It's nippon Aqua Marine 5086 :paint:

Confirmed!! Ceiling person is our best contractor :good: . We have nicknamed him our plastic surgeon :sport-smiley-004: .

Most of our lights and fans are up. Favourite room is the blue room. The cove light effect is better than I imagine. Not happy with the hanging light in the girls' room :curse: though. Need to see how lighting.com.sg install theirs. Certain hiccups need to be rectified urgently too!

Teak wood bed frame and main door were lacquered the same brownish black. Repair work needed on the door :(

Hanging light was wrongly installed. Both ceiling fans are making loud noises - looks off balance. Electricians will rectify all problems when they come for a final fixation.

At 8.30pm, Kelvin and painter were still at my place doing final touch up. We have started moving our clothes over. Tomorrow, final polishing will be done and HOPEFULLY, office and kitchen cabinets plus granite top will be up. Dinner table will be delayed. This particular carpenter sucks big time!! :furious:

hyI7l.jpg

This is the infamous problematic cabinet done by 1 particular worker who is extremely "metal teeth" 8| 8| . Firstly, the cabinet was much delayed in installing. When it came, the depth dimension was wrong, hence our out of sight switch has to be relocated to the spot on the right. Next, his lamination work was so bad that even his boss had to asked him to redo it :curse: . The doors were not done up then.

Thinking that since it only left the doors to fix, should be smooth sailing liao. No, came out with wrong design for the doors :furious: More than a week already and that 1 cabinet is not done yet :bangwall: :bangwall: Those days that he come, he will appear at 11am. Go for lunch at 12.30pm and go home at 4pm. Andrew and Kelvin also kena his poor working attitude because he does not want to follow simple instruction. He tends to overwrite everyone and do things his way, according to his own design. Complained to his boss also no use. There are 5 workers and he is the only troublesome one. For the rest who do up the kitchen, the workmanship is quite ok.

Edited by LLChing