Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

hi,

is the irobot 780 u bought from usa dual voltage? my fren recently bought an irobot that was dual voltage from usa.

anyway irobot 780 was selling at $1.1k at IT show. found a german site selling it at sgd$800 including shipping and GST to singapore. no need transformer jus adapter. anyone keen? i see if can get cheaper shipping if buy in bulk. but i am pretty sure warranty is not covered by local distributors. but then so far i have not heard anyone having issues with irobots yet.

I am currently using Roomba 770 and Scooba for my house. Great stuffs to keep my floor clean and more time for enjoying HT system :dribble: (you can feel it the difference when you walk over cleaned floor). Once a week, my wife will just use manual mopping and vaccum to do a throughly cleaning for those missed corners.

I bought from http://autovacstore.com/autovacstore with warranty and parts support.

Edited by jwsh

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

I'm new to renotalk. Was reading this thread since last night & was amazed by the gd deals at amazon. I have some qns & hope some1 can help.

1) Can I ask if amazon is fr us or uk?

I understand amazon is from US but was wondering y they got a uk website, is it more ex by uk website?

2) I've a cousin studying in London, UK. I tot of shipping the items to him but if he need to mail it back to me, does he have to carry my items to singpost like what we did for SG? Does anyone know of any other way that the postage company wil come to his place to pick it up?

3) Is it cheaper in what I mention on no (2) or I shd just choose to have my items mail to Sg on amazon?

3) Shd I choose air freight or sea freight?

Thanks.

Ans 1: Amazon operates in various countries, US, UK, Germany etc, Kim & I freq US's site, due to depreciating USD rate, of cause not always cheap, must compare as always, rule of thumb. For UK, in general, music/bluray are cheaper from there, PS: take note of the region coding for Bluray titles. On eletrical stuffs, UK imported will work well in SG, for US, may need transformer unless dual voltage basis.

Ans 2: It depends how you guys wanna work that out, I hated singpost, thats just me. They dont handled/delivered stuffs well, encountered/heard cases of missing stuffs. I would rather go for 3rd forwarder to be safe, at least till your door step. PS: Coincidently, Kim & I used the same 3rd forwarder for our US big bulk pruchases, apparently, he used the 3rd part forwarder for UK as well.

Ans 3: It is open qns, again, check whether it make sense to ship back against local providers, especially those eletrical stuffs with local warranty support. Rule of thumb, more than 50%, can ship for my case. Air/sea frieght does not matters here, Air mor ex than sea but reaches you faster so where you stand ya? :sport-smiley-004:

wah lau, ong, dun like that lah ! :bleah: my drawer very big meh ?? :rolleyes::lol:

No la, can be tweak meaning it is ok right? swee swee in your drawer :thumbs up:

Haha too many things to buy too little resource :bangwall:

Once you are in there, hard to step out ya? :dancingqueen:

I am currently using Roomba 770 and Scooba for my house. Great stuffs to keep my floor clean and more time for enjoying HT system :dribble: (you can feel it the difference when you walk over cleaned floor). Once a week, my wife will just use manual mopping and vaccum to do a throughly cleaning for those missed corners.

I bought from http://autovacstore.com/autovacstore with warranty and parts support.

Meaning your irobot are imported? How much did you paid for them? it makes the trip worthy to your place with both irobot there :dribble: :dribble:

autovacstore - operated by my friend's frenz.. asking my frenz to help me enquire about the price le.. anybody wanna tag along ??? ;) ;) ;)

Meaning your irobot are imported? How much did you paid for them? it makes the trip worthy to your place with both irobot there :dribble: :dribble:

Scooba - $599 and Roomba - $799 .

The site i bought from they parallel import the sets and they are able to provide the warranty and after-sales support i need.

Hi, I'm back to civilization for the weekend but will be MIA again for next week till fri... :bleah:

Wow.. this thread can be self sustained!! Cool!! :good: :good:

Ong, I better not go Jwsh place... The force is too strong there....

I also dont think I can upgrade any AV stuff for the time being. Or maybe just a Popcorn... hee.. :sport-smiley-004:

Oh, btw ellebao, I'm using hopshopgo and Ong is using comgetway. If I'm not wrong..

Bro,

this solution is good stuff...

i tried it..works well..make your ac cooler the instantly...

SG is selling it very expensive.

I purchased in Msia, each can cost approx. RM13.99, when they have sales....

So cheap in Malaysia!!! :dribble: Thanks for sharing!! :good:

I is green bird flasholic. I bought this for my travelling.. small so i can carry it around easily and see where i'm going! Some places don't even have streetlights.

klarus-xt1a-1-bg.jpg

I'm thinking about getting this

fenix-hl30-1-001.jpg

Klarus lights are pretty fierce.. I almost got one a few months back.

U getting the fenix headlight for trekking or mountain climbing?

I was looking at some headlights when I was planing for Mount KK climb last year but it was cancelled.

But I will get one if I go KK, heard the last stretch of climb to the summit need both hands, so best to have a headlight.

So cheap in Malaysia!!! :dribble: Thanks for sharing!! :good:

Klarus lights are pretty fierce.. I almost got one a few months back.

U getting the fenix headlight for trekking or mountain climbing?

I was looking at some headlights when I was planing for Mount KK climb last year but it was cancelled.

But I will get one if I go KK, heard the last stretch of climb to the summit need both hands, so best to have a headlight.

ya...my fren used headlight for the last stretch...i'm finally gg funan to check out the flashlight stores u were talking about... :D

Hi, I'm back to civilization for the weekend but will be MIA again for next week till fri... :bleah:

Wow.. this thread can be self sustained!! Cool!! :good: :good:

Ong, I better not go Jwsh place... The force is too strong there....

I also dont think I can upgrade any AV stuff for the time being. Or maybe just a Popcorn... hee.. :sport-smiley-004:

Oh, btw ellebao, I'm using hopshopgo and Ong is using comgetway. If I'm not wrong..

Im using Borderlinx, JV by Citibank. ;) go & visit his place and listen la. No need to spend $$ & buy any mah. max is PCH lo. :P Bring Kim Sao there :good:

Im using Borderlinx, JV by Citibank. ;) go & visit his place and listen la. No need to spend $$ & buy any mah. max is PCH lo. :P Bring Kim Sao there :good:

kim u not complete ah ??? :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

sometime backside itchy, need to tweak to clear off it :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018:

I'm completed!!! Completed!!! :bleah: :bleah: :bleah:

To my missus, I'm already completed.

To Ong, not yet.... :bleah: :bleah: :bleah:

Haaa... Let me collect my chairs and think where to put them first....

One thing at a time...

I'm completed!!! Completed!!! :bleah: :bleah: :bleah:

To my missus, I'm already completed.

To Ong, not yet.... :bleah: :bleah: :bleah:

Haaa... Let me collect my chairs and think where to put them first....

One thing at a time...

No hor...my missus told me you wished for the band of brothers' effects when you are at my place that day :notti::bleah:

No hor...my missus told me you wished for the band of brothers' effects when you are at my place that day :notti::bleah:

aiyo, ong, u dun get kim into trouble lah... :lol:

:dancingqueen:

Love the bullet effect in the movies... But too bad la... a few years later see how...