Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

Hi everyone....

I have been waiting and waiting for my keys to my 4rm flat in Sunshine court but till now still no letters from HDB.... Sian...
I stay in 476A and we are the last block to get the keys. WHY??? From young, I always thought that if you get "A", then you are first. But now we are the last. Sian dao...

Anyway, I had decided to share my process of selecting furniture and appliances.
Feel free to comment....

Quite a few people ask for my ID contacts. I will post here for easy reference.

He had quit and set up his own firm.

Company: VANHUS Interior Design

Name: Roy

email: roychong@vanhus.com

mobile: 90624988

Just mention Kim from CCK recommend.

Something about him.

He like white and love to create a open and big place.

Edited by kim76

• Like 2

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi everyone....

I have been waiting and waiting for my keys to my 4rm flat in Sunshine court but till now still no letters from HDB.... Sian...

I stay in 476A and we are the last block to get the keys. WHY??? From young, I always thought that if you get "A", then you are first. But now we are the last. Sian dao...

Anyway, I had decided to share my process of selecting furniture and appliances.

Feel free to comment....

Welcome to CCK and to RT too!

Sofa selection.

I always believe that I will change sofa every few years so I plan to get one that is economical.

I had liked the KARLSTAD 3 seater during our initial few trips to Ikea.

karlstadthreeseatsofa01.jpg

But after repeated trips to check out other stuff, the KARLSTAD leather 3 seater caught my butt. I mean, my butt feel so comfortable resting on the leather KARLSTAD and it was love at 1st sit. I manage to convince my WTB to switch... Haa... :P

karlstadthreeseatsofa01.jpg

Guess what, KARLSTAD also come with a super comfortable neck support! I'm so getting this!!

karlstadnecksupport0109.jpg

Dining table.

To me, dining table is just for eating and I believe we will spend less than 1 hr each day sitting there. So, we have decided to get a budget and nice looking TORSBY dining table from Ikea again! Haa..

torsbydiningtable009718.jpg

We also love the TOBIAS grey chairs when placed together and decided to buy 4 of these as well. Even though they cost $155 per chair, I think they probably will stay with us much longer than the Dining table.

tobiaschair0106136pe254.jpg

I stayed at Jakarta Harris a few times and really love their table. I wonder if anyone had seen similar one in Singapore.

Maybe I need to ask my contractor to make it? Does anyone know what is the material of the table top? Acrylic?

How to tell that to my contractor? Acrylic with orange back ground?

studytable.jpg

studytable1.jpg

Last weekend, we went to Lush to check out some furniture as it was recommended a few times in this forum. There is a 10% storewide sale now!!

But I'm still waiting for my keys.... Sian dao.... :wacko:

Anyway these are some of the pieces that we like. If budget allow after reno, we may a piece or two.. hee... :notti: :notti:

Shell Chair - Not that comfortable but I like the design.

shellchair1.jpgshellchair3.jpg

Burberry Chair - This one caught my eye far far away.. haa... Pretty comfortable too!!

burberrychair.jpg

Low Lounger - I like the design

lowlounger.jpg

Ox Chair - This one is one **** of a chair! Super big and feel like a king.. haa... The leather feel really good too!

oxchair1.jpg

Continue on next post due to renotalk rule.... :dunno:

Eames Lounge Chair - This chair need no introduction. The dream lounge chair! I still trying to find some space for this...

photogalleryeameslounge.jpg

Barcelona Bench - I hope to be able to put this in WIW. I keep telling my wife I need a nice bench to sit down while looking at her dress up :notti: :notti: :notti: :notti:

barcelonabench1640x426.jpg

Mag Table - I planning to use this in the bedroom for laptop and magazines.

275168041699modernsidet.jpg

Eames Molded Plywood Lounge Chair - I like this design but it is not comfortable leh.... :dunno:

lcwloungechair480x361.jpg

That's all for my wish list.... Hee... :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

I have been looking out for tv and I had narrowed down the following 46" for my living room. And if budget allow, a 40" for the bedroom.

SONY KDL-46EX520 (around $1800)

sonykdl46ex520.jpg

Samsung UA46D6000 (around $1899)

samsungua46d6000.jpg

Samsung UA46D5500 (around $1699)

samsung46d5500.jpg

At first, I had been looking at 5.1 system for my living rm. But WAF for the speakers are voiced out strongly so I decided to compromise and get the Yamaha sound bar. I will be getting the YSP2200 for the living room and hopefully if budget allow, YHT s401 for the bedroom.

yamahaysp2200.jpg

yamahayhts40109.jpg

Nowadays I am scared to visit relatives. Their common question will be,

They: "Ah boy ah, when r you getting your keys?"

Me: "HDB says March" :good: :good:

They: "Are you sure u bought a unit at Sunshine? That day I drive by and almost 1/3 of the flats are occupied you know? U wanna call HDB to check?"

Me: "I know. I'm at the last block, facing inside. Those block you see are released last year and they are facing the road." :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They: "You sure, Maybe your unit got burst pipe or cracked wall? And they are repairing it right now so cant release to you"

Me: "The whole block is not released, I will check thoroughly once I got the keys" :help: :help:

They: "I think u still better check with HDB when you getting the keys. How can they take so long?"

Me: "eh HELLO! U think HDB your neighbour ah? Just drop by say hello when u free? U hurry me for wat? Who is staying there?" :furious: :furious: :furious::bangwall: :bangwall:

They:..............

• Like 1

Hi neighbour :)

I live in Blk D, we got our keys in Dec 11.

Renovation only started like last week coz we waited for HDB cement screed for about a mth. Submit our form in 24 Dec 11 and they only start work like 1st wk of Feb. If you wanna do the cement screed for laminate/ timber flooring, please go and apply with HDB once u receive your keys.. Take ages for them to do that..

Now we are at the stage where my false ceiling is done, painting to be completed tml and laminate flooring to begin on Friday.

Have u decided on your ID?

Just now went JP HN to check out the Bosch washing machine and dryer. :sport-smiley-004:

I was looking at these 2 8kg washer 24468 & 20460. But I can't find 20460 and the saleman said 24468 don't have promotion now.

Now the promotion is on 28448. $1999 - $300 HN voucher plus a Bosch vacuum cleaner! Sound good! KIV.. :notti:

For dryer, I was looking at 86515 ($1599) & 84101 (1299). Then the saleman ask me if I will be using the dryer everyday. I say probably twice a week. He then recommend 74100ME which cost only $799. The only thing is the dryer is vented. So everytime I dry my clothes, I must pull the hose out of the windows. Also KIV. :notti:

WOnder if anyone is using this package, washer 28448 & dryer 74100ME. Any comments?

Hi neighbour :)

I live in Blk D, we got our keys in Dec 11.

Renovation only started like last week coz we waited for HDB cement screed for about a mth. Submit our form in 24 Dec 11 and they only start work like 1st wk of Feb. If you wanna do the cement screed for laminate/ timber flooring, please go and apply with HDB once u receive your keys.. Take ages for them to do that..

Now we are at the stage where my false ceiling is done, painting to be completed tml and laminate flooring to begin on Friday.

Have u decided on your ID?

Yo neighbour!

U wait for 1 mth for cement screed? OMG, I plan to do that as well... Guess I can't planned to move in June now... :bangwall: :bangwall:

I will be meeting my ID for tile selection this sat... :sport-smiley-004: So excited!!