Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

Hi all! Have been reading this T blog since page 1 till now...page 62!

I'm really amazed by all your purchases from TB and Amazon. Making me feel like going for online shopping now. :)

Anyway I want to share a good deal with you guys. I have been looking for an air purifier for sometime...just now went to the Robinson expo and saw that novita is selling their air purifier at a discounted price of $469, instead of the usual $599.. They throw in a free filter worth $129 as well. When I went to the cashier, they told me total is only $419 cause any spending above $400 gets $50 off! Super worth it lah. Now I'm a happy man.

One thing to note though, it's NAC 609, which is being replaced by 611. But basically both are the same just that 611 is more energy efficient. Can consider if you are looking for an air purifier.

Thanks for sharing!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

To those getting BTO, another reason to replace the HDB shower set.

I replace the shower head 3 months ago because the HDB head is like baby peeing.... I change to Hansgrohe head and all is different. My body is cleaner and my face is smoother... tongue.giftongue.gif

Today the shower head holder break. AT first the holder rubber drop out, then the plastic holder crack.... :furious: :furious: :furious:

img4872ob.jpg

Now I hope I can find the same dimension holder outside..

I got a solution for this!

I bought a Hansgrohe Wallbar Slider and it fit perfectly into the HDB shower bar.

Now I'm using HDB shower bar with Hansgrohe Raindance shower head, bar sider and hose!! :notti::notti:

img5015p.jpg
img5016p.jpg
img5011be.jpg
img5012o.jpg

hee, i thought i would share a couple of my acquisitions from amazon:

OXO Good Grips Silicone Drying Mat

41MC%2BUsMTeL._SY450_.jpg

I already have the square and the rectangular versions of this (and they are great) - I find that this is particularly useful for smaller items and to fit this narrow portion I have on my countertop.

Cedar Fresh Value Pack

31hkw%2BrPpGL.jpg

I first bought the CedarFresh blocks and rings from Howard's Storage World as this beats using moth balls anyday to repel insects. Best of all, it's renewable by simply sanding it or spraying the accompanying cedar spray onto it. It also comes in a pack of 24 balls which I use for my shoe cabinets, the blocks and rings I use for my closet shelves and there's also a block version that I find is good for the larger hanging areas of my wardrobe. This value pack is the cheapest option so far, :good: so expensive from HWS ! :bleah:

Beware that there is a Cedar Green brand also available on Amazon, but I checked and they are made in China - ummm, not so sure of where their cedar comes from but CedarFresh is made in the US and from renewable forests there. :thumbs up:

Incidentally, the cedar spray cannot be shipped from Amazon to here due to shipping restrictions (liquids, aerosols etc) so you will have to get those locally.

i got this from TB.

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.5.0.42.XuYRsk&id=15203842247

it comes in chinese characters, but my gf also found one in english characters at double the price.

I'm a bit hesitant about the provenance of these items from china - purely because I don't know if they come from sustainable sources of wood (probably not) and whether they are the real thing (50-50) ... :sport-smiley-018:

simply put, buyer beware... :deal:

Did window film on all my windows today as all my windows face the morning sun.....

The difference with film is really great!! SO much difference!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

SO much cooler and the heat rejection is great!

p1020585s.jpg

p1020582vv.jpg

This is the difference with and without film.

Hi Kim,

Paiseh to dig out ur old images... Need to ask some stuff pertaining to the window film: does windowcool personnel remove out the black rubber strips at the edges before installing the film for u?

Hi Kim,

Paiseh to dig out ur old images... Need to ask some stuff pertaining to the window film: does windowcool personnel remove out the black rubber strips at the edges before installing the film for u?

Yes they do. When they put back the strips, it looks like part of the window, can't see the edges of the film.

Yes they do. When they put back the strips, it looks like part of the window, can't see the edges of the film.

Wow, thanks Kim for the fast reply.

Coz recently I read in one recent FB post, the owner oso sought for windowcool but apparently, the strips were not removed during installation which I felt was weird...

Wow, thanks Kim for the fast reply.

Coz recently I read in one recent FB post, the owner oso sought for windowcool but apparently, the strips were not removed during installation which I felt was weird...

Strange... Because removing the strip will be easier for the installer to paste the film... And they are very easy to remove... So no point for the installer not to remove...

U planning to install window film?

Strange... Because removing the strip will be easier for the installer to paste the film... And they are very easy to remove... So no point for the installer not to remove...

U planning to install window film?

Yah, intend to ask them go onsite n quote both solar film and safety film.

just to check, anybody does some DIY at home like simple drilling into the walls? if so, where did u guys go get ur power tools from?

If u want to drill into wall. Make sure to get those impact drill. Tell the shop u are going to drill into wall then they can recommend the correct drill bit.

Btw, drill bit for wall and tiles are different.

Or u can just ask your contractor to drill. Save the trouble yourself.

Home fix or Home diy can get you those drills. But if u want to save a bit, can go where melmeow recommend.

take note of the Power (watt) of the drill, the more power also means more expensive also means u no need to drill until 脸青青 ...wood wall tiles all uses different drill bits