Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dannie

5-Room Renovation In East

Anyway. Remember my broken off window handle? Window uncle gave me 2 new pairs! He dropped it off at my gate while we were at work. Nice of him!!!! :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yes, water will create such deposits. It's called limescale but then only hard water reacting with heat will have such deposits. Your tiles are homogenous or stones? If stones, then most probable it's the deposit from stones.

Mine are the typical toilet shower tiles. The part having tw problem is the wall joining the floor part area below the toilet window. I wonder where the water is coming from. Leak from outside window??

Mine are the typical toilet shower tiles. The part having tw problem is the wall joining the floor part area below the toilet window. I wonder where the water is coming from. Leak from outside window??

Get your contractor to come have a look. See whether he knows anything.

Hi May Dreams,

The grout is there. But the grout is always wet and accumulating this white hard calcium looking thing. Growing by the day. starting to grow thicker and fatter.... :(

i tried scrubbing it using a magic sponge with some success. managed to get half of the buildup cleared, but i had to sacrifice one sponge doing so.

initally wanted to use the metal bristle brush, but i had mislocated it somewhere in the house, so i tried the magic sponge instead.

Anyway. Remember my broken off window handle? Window uncle gave me 2 new pairs! He dropped it off at my gate while we were at work. Nice of him!!!! :)

my window uncle gave me 10 pairs already. but i'm not happy. it is not suppose to dropped out after only limited uses. this simply reflects the low quality of the window handles that they are supplying.

Hi Darnie, now that your reno is done, would you still recommend your contractor?

Hihi notsogoodman, of course I would recommend my contractor still. I managed all the design and fittings. Alan helps me execute it. He has been very helpful even till today. He has helped me done alot outside the scope of the contract..hee hee :thumbs up: If you want his contact let me know.

Get your contractor to come have a look. See whether he knows anything.

Have arranged with him to come in 2-3 months after handover. He will help fix up all the small portion of walls that have some popping. I'll ask him take a look and see if can solve or not. :unsure:

Does it go away when you scrub? Could be soap scum. Try to rinse the shower area clean each time after you bathe..

not really. it is as hard as stone...got to use a scraper to scrap it away. and i realise when i pour vinegar on it...there are sizzling sound!!!!! :jawdrop:

Am uploading some random pictures taken at night. Warm lights looks good at night. Hope it inspires you.. :rolleyes:

Edited by Darnie

Sharing the MBR and Study...

Edited by Darnie

Some random postings again.

Below are the drawers we gotten the contractor to help us fabricate. It's inspired by IKEA but made bigger and more spacious for practical reason. For those with kids, it allows you to stack big portions of cloths and allows you to view the content even when the drawers are pushed in.

Below is just a random pic of the walkway from the main entrace. Quite a nice feature and storage for shoes! This was from the previous owner's design. We kept it because it's so practical and cool.

Edited by Darnie

Just a close of of the new packaging of PHILIPS LED I bought from lightings.com. It looks cheaper than the previous model. Previously it was matt dark in color. This is just a white metal frame now. Cutting cost maybe. Nonetheless it still works great. I bought the 4W ($30) for the main door balcony entrance.

Also, recently procured a clock from Takashimaya, along with some wall decoration that my wife really likes as she commented the clock being too plain. They are from the branc UMBRA. Here's the final result after some back breaking installtion position. :sport-smiley-003: Used Blu-Tak for the flowers so that the wall plastering won't be ruined. It does not seem to hold well to strong adhesives such as 3M.

Edited by Darnie