Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dannie

5-Room Renovation In East

hi darnie,

may i know what is the material of the shelf in your common toilet? and where to get it? thanks

Hihi - actually this is just plain simple solid top material. both the sink top and that shelf is solid top material - those you commonly use for kitchen/toilet top. I just asked my contractor to make a long strip so I can put stuff on it. Below is hollow and it sits on two metal bars and slicon to secure it.

Hope this helps!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Have arranged with him to come in 2-3 months after handover. He will help fix up all the small portion of walls that have some popping. I'll ask him take a look and see if can solve or not. :unsure:

Alan's coming down to fix up the little pops on the plastering. Also will try to solve the limescale thing in the toilet - his diagnosis -> maybe because I did not change the windows, only did the hacking and retiling, the edge of the windows retain the weakend cement allowing rainwater to seep in. I think he suggested re-cementing around it....see how he does... :yamseng:

Finally had time to put up the Canvas Painting left behind by the previous owner. Now the MBR seems pretty complete in terms of look.

Edited by Darnie

Hihi - actually this is just plain simple solid top material. both the sink top and that shelf is solid top material - those you commonly use for kitchen/toilet top. I just asked my contractor to make a long strip so I can put stuff on it. Below is hollow and it sits on two metal bars and slicon to secure it.

Hope this helps!

hi, may i know the cost of that solid top panel? thanks.

hi, may i know the cost of that solid top panel? thanks.

Hi momiji. I think 4ft of shelf for $280.

My major renovation works were the complete overhaul of both MBR and common toilet. While the excitment is there, along they way there were hiccups. But its a learning journey. 1st home, 1st renovation, 1st lesson. Perhaps its my attention to detail (or lack of) which leads to some worries here and there. No doubt my contractor is doing a good job. But every visit comes with some little surprises. Thankfully my contractor has been picking up my calls and listening to my ranting...

Anyway, the solid top for the kitchen has been installed. Chose grey theme to fit the current floor tiles in the kitchen. Using a BLANCO sink which sells for $399 from Hoe Kee...

photo-22.jpg

The cooker hob and hood has not been installed yet. Perhaps it is the last step? I'm not too sure... The glass backsplash has not been installed yet. I am still working with contractor to build a skirting below the top cabinet to install T5 light tubes.

photo-23.jpg

This is the BLANCO sink I am talking about. Will fit in a G.Ferretti kitchen tap. Also tiling the top on the window part and running a black glass across it so as to separate the yard from the kitchen area.

For the lighting around here, have purchase from lightings.com.sg a 2M and 1M track with 7 modules fitted with Philips 7W LEDs. I hope the effect will turn out well. Stay tuned... :yamseng:

When more is being done up I will update on this portion again. :sport-smiley-018:

Did sink increase price? I bought single blanco bowl.. I think it's more exp!!!

Did sink increase price? I bought single blanco bowl.. I think it's more exp!!!

Hmmm I think the place I bought blanco...er i forgot the name.... was putting my sink on special promotion sale. Prices could have went up already maybe? :unsure:

Hi Darnie, what did you use to hang the paintings? Did you have to drill holes? I'm v scared of spoiling my wall if I do it wrongly. Thanks!

Hi fishponder. U mean the red painting? It's sitting upon 2 screw heads drilled into the wall. It's a must as the weight is substantial. Drilling into the wall, using the plastic hole plug and then screwing in the screw is more accurate than using nails, especially if the painting is wide, does not hang via string and using more than one holding point. Nails tend to bend up or down during nailing and it's hard to achieve a perfect height thereby resulting in slanting pics. For screws, as long as your measurement and drilling is accurate, it's easier to achieve the exact contact point between screw and painting.

Anyway it's behind the wall so no need to worry. If anything it can always be plastered up and repainted right? :)

Finally had time to put up the Canvas Painting left behind by the previous owner. Now the MBR seems pretty complete in terms of look.

photo-131.jpg

photo-132.jpg

Love your house especially your MBR!!! I'm curious over your WIW. Possible to share some photos of your WIW? Looking forward! Thank you!