Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dannie

5-Room Renovation In East

I have been very blessed by information shared in this forum, as well as inspired by the many homes featured here. Would like to start this T-blog here so as to share with everyone and hopefully inspire our home-proud spirit. Shall be posting pictures to showcase the journey.

For this resale 5-rm, I have no ID and have sourced a contractor from the forum, as well as some other family contacts. If you would like to know more, can always ask for information. For the design, I will be doing up my own drawings which I would love to share here too. :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by Darnie

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

MBR (2-rooms combined:

MBR Toilet:

Common Toilet:

Edited by Darnie

Sorry that I do not have a clean copy of the floor plan as I used it to scribble for the lighting and switches purchase planning. Here's a copy to get a feel of the apartment:

The following are per what I mentioned earlier - my initial drawings and design for what needs to be built. I'll be using these to get the contractor to build accordingly. A picture speaks a thousand words so here's it:

I will be hacking the entire MBR toilet and redoing it. Key items are new rainshower, sink and tap, WC, and cabinetry.

For common toilet, will be hacking the walls and laying the floor. New sink and tap, new shower, and a shelf for more storage. A full length mirror to be reused from previoius owner.

The the MBR, a suspended TV console cum storage cabinet.

Whole new full-height book cabinet for the Study room.

Edited by Darnie

This is a more refined drawing of the MBR toilet.

For the kitchen, we are changing a new kitchen top to incorporate new sink, hood and hob and new glass backsplash. Also building a new overhung kitchen cabinet for more storage and a glass divider wall between kitchen sink area and yard.

This is just a rough sketch of the MBR toilet again.

Edited by Darnie

Completed windows @ MBR:

Completed windows @ Living Hall:

Completed windows @ Study:

Completed windows @ Bedroom 2:

Fantastic workmanship!! :good:

If you need, his contact is 83888877. Called Ah Soon I think.

Edited by Darnie

Congrats! Your house condition v gd.

Your drawing also v nice. How I wish I can draw half as nice as you :yamseng:

Hi hi! Thanks! Yes the previous owner kept it well. We would however still like to rejuvenate the place before moving in as it's our first property. :)

Cheers!!

Hi all! Sorry would like to do a sales pitch here! Need help as I have a item to let go mid-way into the renovation. :help:

SELLING a set of Undelivered and Uninstalled BRAND NEW Laundry System - L115 Stainless Steel Pulley System (see picture from product website):

CIMG0917.jpg

This system is marketed by Tame Promotion Services from The Furniture Mall. TAME WEBSITE

This pulley system comes with four hanging poles for mounting on ceiling. It is made of Stainless Steel Frame (unlike those power coated types), and its poles are aluminum in 2M length (can be cut to suite). Load capacity is about 25KG. The model I bought has its outer left and right poles punched with holes throughout so that laundry hung on hangers can be hung onto it. What a fantastic design!. For more information please see product website: L-115 Model

See here for the promotion leaflet:

photo-5.jpg

Reason for Selling: We bought it at a EXPO home exhibition before we gotten our keys to our resale 5-rm. However, now that we have gotten access to our apartment, we realised our yard cannot accomodate this system due to the water heater tank and the lighting at the yard. To accomodate it means we have to cut the length down to slightly over 1M which defeats the purpose of this fantastic product.

See proof of purchase:

photo-4.jpg

This system is retailing at $498 at Furniture Mall. We purchased at a EXPO home show for a promotional price of $428. We are now letting this system go at a EVEN LOWER PRICE of $400. Remember this is Undelivered and Uninstalled and BRAND NEW. :sport-smiley-018: Only a deposit was paid. Installation is ready upon a call to TAME to arrange.

We have no need for this system as we will turn to a Dryer instead. Please do not miss this great deal! :good:

Please contact me if you are interested as we really want to let this item go soonest possible! Can email me at rihua.lin@gmail.com

Once deal is closed we will arrange for the ownership to transfer and for the delivery and installation to be handed over to your address instead.

Thanks!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Darnie

Recently tested out 2x Philips LED 7W. Working fine and the sparkle is beautiful. Bought a 3M track with LED 7W modules (7 pieces) for the kitchen. Will load pictures once installed. That will be about 2-3 weeks time.

Realized there was no work being done today when I visited the site.

Hey Nice Reno work Darnie,

Share more pix when ready okie :sport-smiley-004:

Hihi! Yup will share more soon. Have been visiting unit and works are ongoing. Stay tuned!! :)

Renovation has been underway. Ever since the casement windows were installed, works began on the plastering and false ceiling. In the meantime, stuff began to arrive as well...

Above: This is the WC we got from Living Phenomenon. Was supposed to be the Velin model, together with another lower range Velin model for the common toilet. When due for delivery, we were told no more Velin was in stock but the same model has been manufactured under the brand Treo. Because they do not have lower model, they upgraded both to the same top model for free. Service standard from Ian from Living Phenomenon has been fantastic! :sport-smiley-018:

Above: The MBR toilet wash basin and tap. Tap is G.Ferreti, along with the rain shower (but I do not have the photo yet).

Edited by Darnie

The main renovation works will be the hacking of both toilets. This meant total revamp of both toilets, laying of new tiles and pipes, new WC, taps and vanity etc. Choosing of tile was quite a task given the many choices. I shall upload completed toilets once I have it.

Above: MBR toilet. Challenge will be to build around the pipes tastefully.

Above: Common toilet underway.

Above: Much of the building material lying in the Living Room.

Edited by Darnie