Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Valerie: Yes, so fast end of the week. The renovation work is progressing faster than I expected. If I was not so indecisive yesterday, the kitchen major works (cabinet base, waterproofing, etc) may complete by today.

(Sorry, there is a slight change to the kitchen layout again. Stay tune!)

Hi mihochris. Thank you for visiting our blog, and thank you for the compliment. Do remember to show with us your renovation journey. All the best to you!

Edited by ayazumi

Oh ya, forgot to tell you, dryer no need a hose to go out of the windows... so even you get a dryer, you are find to put it just outside the common toilet.

happy that you finally decided on the kitchen cabinet layout! I did a simple calculation, 5.85m and minus rubbish chute abt 1m, you still have 4.85m which is about 14.5ft of cabinet. Definitely enough for hob and sink... mine was only 8.5 ft and it can fit hob and sink too. :sport-smiley-018:

Oh ya, forgot to tell you, dryer no need a hose to go out of the windows... so even you get a dryer, you are find to put it just outside the common toilet.

happy that you finally decided on the kitchen cabinet layout! I did a simple calculation, 5.85m and minus rubbish chute abt 1m, you still have 4.85m which is about 14.5ft of cabinet. Definitely enough for hob and sink... mine was only 8.5 ft and it can fit hob and sink too. :sport-smiley-018:

i guess my wife(like i said) is greedier.. she wanna fully utilise the kitchen.. so i think mayb 34ft top and bottom also not enough.. zz just like ur super long WIW...

Edited by Akitsuki

Morning May. I may be still living in the olden days, where dryer hose needs to put out of the window.

I feel so embarrassed to trouble so many people to think of my kitchen layout over the night.

i guess my wife(like i said) is greedier.. she wanna fully utilise the kitchen.. so i think mayb 34ft top and bottom also not enough.. zz just like ur super long WIW...

my WIW is long? hahaahha..... not my island?

Morning May. I may be still living in the olden days, where dryer hose needs to put out of the window.

I feel so embarrassed to trouble so many people to think of my kitchen layout over the night.

hahahah.... its ok... we just trying to help to think the best way suitable for your long kitchen...

Even after dismantle, I am still having headache where and how I can throw away the items.

estate cleaners will do it for a little bit of kopi $$ and kurung guni man will do it for free.

estate cleaners will do it for a little bit of kopi $$ and kurung guni man will do it for free.

LOL not very true.. if u see the amount of debris.. hahaha.. i ask garang guni man he wanna take FOC or not, he say no thanks.. i laugh until stomachache... :X

:sport-smiley-004:

Valerie: Regarding your question about the dish rack if can be dropped directly from ceiling, we cannot answer yet. My contractor said will check then let us know. I think I saw a blog here that he/she has a false ceiling/L-box above the L-end to drop down the dish rack. If the dish rack can be directly dropped from the ceiling, that will be better, but I foresee not possible to do that. Even if from direct ceiling, the dish rack might look ugly too because of the length of the side metal pole.

As mentioned above, there is a slight change to the kitchen cabinet layout again. I was convinced to have the L-end facing the window, and we adopted the concept that Valerie has provided us on Pg 7 (Thank you Valerie, I hope you don't mind we "steal" your idea):

296-121.jpg

And this is the draft drawing from my contractor.

296-122.jpg

He proposed a short top cabinet to drop down the dish rack. The dish rack will not have any backing, so this will allow the sunlight to shine through the rack to prevent the kitchen from getting too dark. I like this concept - the dish rack is above the sink, and I get more cabinet space.

The kitchen layout will be like this (Drawn by me; not accurate measurement)

296-123.jpg

Hope my kitchen turns out well :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by ayazumi

DAY NINE

The renovation progress is going pretty smoothly, despite my indecisive bad habit to delay the construction of cabinet base yesterday. I don't mean it, I just want to find the best solution to fully utilise the kitchen space. Hubby has taken some pictures for today's work. Surprisingly, when I see the pictures, it looks like the wall tiles are almost completing very soon. The workers are super fast in their work. :thumbs up:

This is the wall tiles that we have chosen for common toilet. Only the shower head piece of wall will be using the brown tiles. The rest of the common toilet walls will be using white tiles

297-124.jpg

297-125.jpg

Right side of the kitchen wall tiles are almost done. They are really fast workers. We have chosen white and brown tiles (different patterns from Common toilet) for the kitchen. Inbetween top and bottom cabinet we will use the brown tiles as backing, the rest will be white tiles. We like bright and clean look

297-126.jpg

297-127.jpg

That's all for now. Shall update the progress later tonight again. Stay tune!

Edited by ayazumi

In case you guys must be wondering why we got so much time to visit the house everyday. The reason is because we are staying in my parents' house, and the distance between our new home and my parents' home is just 3 blocks away? My parents' house is also in Serangoon North :D

In case you guys must be wondering why we got so much time to visit the house everyday. The reason is because we are staying in my parents' house, and the distance between our new home and my parents' home is just 3 blocks away? My parents' house is also in Serangoon North :D

you are so lucky... when i was doing my reno, i have to go look at my flat after work, sometimes at 10pm at night... then look at it for like 10 mins then take taxi home which costs me abt $10. that month, my expenses were shooting up so much, on top of all the stuff that i needed to buy.... :wacko::wacko::~

you are so lucky... when i was doing my reno, i have to go look at my flat after work, sometimes at 10pm at night... then look at it for like 10 mins then take taxi home which costs me abt $10. that month, my expenses were shooting up so much, on top of all the stuff that i needed to buy.... :wacko::wacko::~

-.-" but from our workplace to home is not 3 blocks :(