Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sillyboy1328

A Gift From Heaven

Finally forced myself to update this tblog after MIA for so long.

I shall cut the story short and post photos of the final products instead since a picture says a thousand words ya? :D

Shoe Cabinet cum Altar Table

Closed:

1.jpg

Open:

2.jpg

Basically I'm a storage lover :notti:

3.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

TV Console

5.jpg

False Ceiling

6.jpg

Dining Area

7.jpg

Bought a divider last weekend to seperate the living and dinner area.

Hope the effect will be good.

Maybe will put up wallpaper for the dining area too :dancingqueen:

8.jpg

Curtains & blinds are really very essential to a house.

After my curtains were up I felt my living room looks & feel different!

Living Room

17.jpg

MBR

photo1.jpg

If you are someone who likes to sleep in almost total darkness, please remember the air con ledge window!

photo2.jpg

Common Rooms

20.jpg

21.jpg

If you noticed from the previous photos, our window grills did not cover the top & bottom panel of windows.

We thought it looks rather weird that the windows were not "grilled" up totally.

But now the blinds flush with the beam above and we felt that it was a right choice after all.

Otherwise the rails of the blinds will be protruding out from the beam. ;)

Btw, it took less than 1 hr for the 2 guys to finish installing the curtains & blinds! :notti:

Edited by sillyboy1328

A simple illustration on how the rail of the blind flush with the beam vs how the rail of the blind will protrude from the beam.

Please pardon my ugly drawing haha :P

photo.jpg

Edited by sillyboy1328

Congrats to u and your family on your reno completion :yamseng:

I m staying at casa near by u too :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by casa

False Ceiling

6.jpg

Dining Area

7.jpg

Hi

Im also thinking of doing the false ceiling exactly like urs. just wondering if the lights are bright enuff for the living room?

How many downlights did you install and the specifications (watts, LUM, etc)?

Cos i'm thinking of mixing white light and warm lights but scare that the white lights might not be bright enuff.

Thanks!

Total of 6 led downlights which i think is 18w. They r bright enuff for us. I think it's quite subjective as diff ppl have diff take on wat's bright enuff for them....

There r 4 downlights which r for effect purpose, 7 w i think. These r cfm not bright enuff.... :)

Hi

Im also thinking of doing the false ceiling exactly like urs. just wondering if the lights are bright enuff for the living room?

How many downlights did you install and the specifications (watts, LUM, etc)?

Cos i'm thinking of mixing white light and warm lights but scare that the white lights might not be bright enuff.

Thanks!

Hi Nexer,

Yup the lights are bright enough. In fact we felt that it was too bright when we watch tv thou so we didn't switch on all lights most of the time.

We used 3 x 12W LED at both sides and 2 x 7W LED on top of tv console and sofa for effect purpose as proposed by our ID.

Normally we would just switch on the lights above the tv console.

If you are mixing white and warm lights then maybe u need to place the white lights at strategic positions wer u need better lighting?

Edited by sillyboy1328

Hi sillyboy, first of all, congrats on your new sweet home, and secondly, you are definitely not silly! because of your tblog, I found a life-saver, that's the bennington C600!!! I've never known there is such a multi-point heater available in the sg market, and I seriously hesitate on the MRT map piping coming from the gas heater. Thanks to you, the smartest 'silly'boy, I now finally can fulfill my father's request, to have hot water supply for the kitchen!!! Genius and thank you!!!

The best part is C600 can be installed below the sink! What else I can ask for!!!