Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
woobrandy

Builder Unable To Complete

Builder unable to complete my terrace on "agreed" time.....,My initial understanding and verbal agreeement with him was end of June but now he claims he is not able to fufil due to lack of workers and the completion will be delay till August. Under contract, he is legally within the time frame so obviously I'm not able to demand any delay in charges. To make matter worst, my present rented place ends in June thus i'm left in a lurch on having no where to stay....Can anyone advise what ground or rights can i have to claim some compensation from him.....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Builder unable to complete my terrace on "agreed" time.....,My initial understanding and verbal agreeement with him was end of June but now he claims he is not able to fufil due to lack of workers and the completion will be delay till August. Under contract, he is legally within the time frame so obviously I'm not able to demand any delay in charges. To make matter worst, my present rented place ends in June thus i'm left in a lurch on having no where to stay....Can anyone advise what ground or rights can i have to claim some compensation from him.....

Since your contract allows him the time to complete the house by August, then you obviously have no remedies against him. I think best for you now to ask for extension in renting your current place. Alternatively, look for other places that permit you to rent from now till completion which is about another 6 months time.