Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xkeviian

Ceiling Fan - Kdk Vs Fanco

On 4/2/2013 at 4:03 PM, 3Dyms said:

I got my Fanco ceiling fan from a fellow Renotalk bro. He also installs the fan. No wobbling, no shaking. Very steady even at max speed. Somemore my fan is installed on false ceiling.

So far after 1 year, the only small issue I had was a 'click click' sound. I contacted the Renotalk Bro and he came over the next day. Did a quick check and slight re-balancing of the fan. Thereafter no more sound liaoz. Yeah!! Good service and no major issues with the outdoor ceiling fans with lights. Will definitely buy more Fanco bathroom exhaust fans with light from Bro once my new place is ready in 4-mths time. :yamseng:

If anyone keen, you can contact Bro via his business thread in Renotalk forum.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42520&st=720

Thanks for your sharing

Edited by Kevin Pham

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi matt

thanks! i got the kdk technician to come over to check & he said that model (only the motor area) will wobble, especially on higher speeds.

Hi retchlow,

Does this problem fixed after KDK technician checking? The speed of 3 windy and quiet? I am thinking of install KDK ceiling fan...

hi matt

thanks! i got the kdk technician to come over to check & he said that model (only the motor area) will wobble, especially on higher speeds.

my electrician came over to install my kdk v56vk fan & found it to be extremely wobbly when turned on to high speeds at 4 or 5. it looks really scary but the electrician said it's a common problem with kdk fans. is this true?? i can only switch it to speed 3 now (less wobbly).

hi retchlow,

from my limited understanding, most new models has an anti-wobbling mechanism achieved by an base frame that allows the fan to hang vertically no matter what the ceiling flatness.

see the ceiling fan installation sequence here

the other possibility that causes wobbling is if the ceiling fan is hanging far away from the base plate.

my electrician came over to install my kdk v56vk fan & found it to be extremely wobbly when turned on to high speeds at 4 or 5. it looks really scary but the electrician said it's a common problem with kdk fans. is this true?? i can only switch it to speed 3 now (less wobbly).

Hi for kdk user, do you mind to share ur room design layout ? i wish to install kdk ceiling fan but headache on the ceiling light~

Haha....great minds think alike, I suppose!

If a product is so wonderfully good and reliable, why would it needs lifetime warranty huh? Hehe......

i saw on you post that u have a kdk ceiling fan installed.Is it on a false ceiling...I just wonder whether ceiling fan works on false xceiling...

My Fanco fans lasted me for only 2 months. Never getting them again!

What happened? I thought Fanco is quite a well known brand locally? mind to share the story?

I tend to be suspicious of lifetime warranties.

lifetime warranty refers to the production cycle of the product. Such warranty ends when manufacturer decided to stop production.