Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
denimart

Pokey In The City

Too many good food at old airport market. One of the main reason why we want to find a homey in this area :) also the doctors here are very nice ( Chong clinic and the lady doctor opps ) not like the doctor in Yishun anyhow anyhow.

i don't like the Choong clinic's doctor. medicine he gave me cannot heal me and i have to keep on going to see him. i prefer the one beside guardian.... hehehehe....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Step up shower area can be nicely design and build but very costly, most of the time you can find this type of shower area in big condo penthouse or landed property. A big un-polish granite as base, surrounded by wooden plank with a tempered glass shower screen build around the wooden plank.

The bathroom of HDB flat is too cramp for this type of step up shower; if the step up too low will be ugly, too high will add unnecessary weight to the bathroom floor which might not be approved by HDB. Too simple the design, your dry area will end up wet every time you shower; too complicated the design will burn a bigger hole in your pocket and overall because of the small HDB bathroom, it will look ugly too.

Taichipanda,

last time when your cement screed is done was it self leveling screed or a worker manually spread it out one.

i don't like the Choong clinic's doctor. medicine he gave me cannot heal me and i have to keep on going to see him. i prefer the one beside guardian.... hehehehe....

So many of you guys in the area ah.

Please share other secrets about this place leh..

Do you guys know what's happening to the badminton hall?

Too many good food at old airport market. One of the main reason why we want to find a homey in this area :) also the doctors here are very nice ( Chong clinic and the lady doctor opps ) not like the doctor in Yishun anyhow anyhow.

Yeah, too many good foods at old airport road food center; one of the main reason we shifted haha. Me & wifey grown so much on our sideway during our 9 years there.

Good doctor only Dr Loh from Healthwise; Dr Chong cannot make it if he found out you have other underlying long term illnesses, he gut-less to give you stronger med to fight off infection. Most important Dr Loh charge very reasonable, I still visit her for my asthma and migraine. Most if not every Sunday you can find me at the TCM next to Choong Clinic, i buy Chinese herbs and supplements from that Chinese sinseh.

If you love Cherry, buy from the only fruit seller in the wet market; he got sell some really exotic fruits.

So many of you guys in the area ah.

Please share other secrets about this place leh..

Do you guys know what's happening to the badminton hall?

The secret is good foods and friendly people.

Badminton Hall no more, turn into a fishing/prawning pool (the couple pump in $600,000 for their business), a rock climbing school, a pet shop with pet cafe (run by Tony and sis) and a few legal loan杀 companies. Business is really bad for fishing/prawning pool and they close shop for good. Later on the SLA step in and say cannot do retail at that venue, the pet shop went to see our Prime Minister Lee and SLA back off. The owner Guillemard Village wants to increase the pet shop rental by another 20%, Tony chose to close the cafe business and concentrate on the pet shop. At the main building after Fatty Weng close shop, Guillemard Village turn it into a food court but business already not good, then the owner go charge for parking with no grace period, finally force the food court to close shop for good too.

Taichipanda,

last time when your cement screed is done was it self leveling screed or a worker manually spread it out one.

Manually spread... too poor to use pre-mix self leveling. hehe...

Step up shower area can be nicely design and build but very costly, most of the time you can find this type of shower area in big condo penthouse or landed property. A big un-polish granite as base, surrounded by wooden plank with a tempered glass shower screen build around the wooden plank.

The bathroom of HDB flat is too cramp for this type of step up shower; if the step up too low will be ugly, too high will add unnecessary weight to the bathroom floor which might not be approved by HDB. Too simple the design, your dry area will end up wet every time you shower; too complicated the design will burn a bigger hole in your pocket and overall because of the small HDB bathroom, it will look ugly too.

Oh no.. my bathroom is very small... and i have never seen a step up bath except for those I saw in Sim Chiang choon ready installed types.

But ID keep pushing for the idea eventhough i have my doubts..

The secret is good foods and friendly people.

Badminton Hall no more, turn into a fishing/prawning pool (the couple pump in $600,000 for their business), a rock climbing school, a pet shop with pet cafe (run by Tony and sis) and a few legal loan杀 companies. Business is really bad for fishing/prawning pool and they close shop for good. Later on the SLA step in and say cannot do retail at that venue, the pet shop went to see our Prime Minister Lee and SLA back off. The owner Guillemard Village wants to increase the pet shop rental by another 20%, Tony chose to close the cafe business and concentrate on the pet shop. At the main building after Fatty Weng close shop, Guillemard Village turn it into a food court but business already not good, then the owner go charge for parking with no grace period, finally force the food court to close shop for good too.

I tot it has converted into 24hrs spa that Edmund chen zi chai endorsed? Or closed down already?

Oh no.. my bathroom is very small... and i have never seen a step up bath except for those I saw in Sim Chiang choon ready installed types.

But ID keep pushing for the idea eventhough i have my doubts..

Ask other IDs for 2nd, 3rd or 4th opinion. Your ID is pushing to widen their pocket for more $$$.

I tot it has converted into 24hrs spa that Edmund chen zi chai endorsed? Or closed down already?

not too sure where is this 24hrs spa but i know previously there is a health center on the 2nd floor with hot/cold pool and massage service, nego and pay for "special" if require.

chen zi chai also endorsed the seafood stall in the food court with a gigantic poster hanging at the side of Guillemard Village main building about 2-3 years ago, then the seafood stall didnt apply for license to put up the poster and was ordered by the authority to remove the poster, shortly after the seafood stall close shop for good.

Edited by taichipanda

you meant g.spa? i passed by there last week and i saw that. i also thought its the spa now.

wow..tachipanda sounds like an expert in renovating...R u a contractor/ID? u give a lot of technical comments and also abt slowness..blah blah blah

Hi Denimart,

Can oak withstand the humidity of singapore weather? Was told that teak is the preferred wood in singapore due to our local weather? Wld love to hear from Morgan becos I really love the calming colour of this oak you have chosen. Bet it will make the whole place looks bigger.

Morgan did done a test on white oak before exposing the wood in open sun and rain for 2 years and that piece of wood still survive till I saw it 2 months ago. I will try to answer part of the question based on my own opinion. Most contractor or ID they will advise u to take up Burmese or Indo teak becos that are the safest choice for "them" to suggest and since they are no wood expert they are not even sure of the other character of other wood species. In such case, they definitely will suggest something that they are v sure and safe since it concern their profession, end up they all will dissuade the owners to take up other wood other than Burmese or Indo teak. Sometime why every ppl think is safe also partly becos everyone is using...human nature tends to follow. I choose to believe the wood expert, so i end up visiting Morgan couple of times and he is v nice to spent so much time to explain the nature of these woods to me. I believe Morgan he will come in and explain more if he saw this topic. One last thing that even convince me even further, is when Morgan visit my place showing us the timber, my con happens to be there to listen and the moment he saw the timber he said "go ahead and take it"! It convinced me further becos even for a contractor who usually will stick to the norm will advise me to use white oak. At this moment, i am v sure this contractor share the same vision as me. :yamseng:

Morgan did done a test on white oak before exposing the wood in open sun and rain for 2 years and that piece of wood still survive till I saw it 2 months ago. I will try to answer part of the question based on my own opinion. Most contractor or ID they will advise u to take up Burmese or Indo teak becos that are the safest choice for "them" to suggest and since they are no wood expert they are not even sure of the other character of other wood species. In such case, they definitely will suggest something that they are v sure and safe since it concern their profession, end up they all will dissuade the owners to take up other wood other than Burmese or Indo teak. Sometime why every ppl think is safe also partly becos everyone is using...human nature tends to follow. I choose to believe the wood expert, so i end up visiting Morgan couple of times and he is v nice to spent so much time to explain the nature of these woods to me. I believe Morgan he will come in and explain more if he saw this topic. One last thing that even convince me even further, is when Morgan visit my place showing us the timber, my con happens to be there to listen and the moment he saw the timber he said "go ahead and take it"! It convinced me further becos even for a contractor who usually will stick to the norm will advise me to use white oak. At this moment, i am v sure this contractor share the same vision as me. :yamseng:

I'm sure if i see Morgan with his white oak, i will ask you to take it too.

:thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

white oak is actually more hardy than teak.

its RARE to see ppl install oak is bcoz its relatively unknown and not alot of ppl doesn't understand the properties of wood flooring.

i really like the white oak flooring but too bad i am not replacing my bedroom flooring. so no chance to explore other alternatives other than re-polishing the parquet..

Looking good! Can't wait to see your oak floors done up.

I'm actually in the same area too and will be doing a mini T-blog soon.

BTW, have you tried the zhi char at 34 cassia crescent, it was featured on the Sunday times last week. Super yummy.. You can even phone in your order and just pick it up. :)

Love the location!

Few years ago before we bought this place, we actually stay there for 1.5 years. I only heard from friends mention to me the zhi char store at cassia cresent was good however we never try it before. Weird i know, but maybe we got too many choice so this store never came to our mind when we are hungry. But wonder if it is still the same store many years before like my friend had mention?